1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Create a new type!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Mimic, Oct 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mimic

Mimic Tuber

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.7
    If you could create a new type of Pokémon (grass, flying, ghost, etc.) what would you create?
    BONUS: What colour would it be associated with & what would you name the first of that type?

2. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I have had the idea of a Serpent type in my head for a while. It would create a third trio of types with Dragon and Fairy, like the trios of Grass/Fire/Water and Psychic/Fighting/Dark. I also have several "Fakemon" ideas for Pokémon of this type, so I'll give two. Rattol is pure-Serpent-type and Hissand is Ground/Serpent-type.

Match-Ups:

Weaknesses: Dragon, Rock, Ice, Flying

Resistances: Bug, Water, Poison, Grass, Ground

Immunities: Fairy

Super Effective: Bug, Fairy, Psychic, Ghost

Resisted By: Rock, Flying, Steel, Fire

Color would be either a navy blue or a sort of middleground between blue and purple.

EDIT: Oh yeah; Super Fang, Hyper Fang, Coil and Glare would all be changed to Serpent-type.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mimic likes this.
  3. gamerz719

gamerz719 gamerz719

Nidodude
    (Nidorino)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.7
    Undead type weak to fairy and fire super effective against fighting, normal, bug resist bug dark ghost poison immune to undead colour dark green first Pokémon is zombor

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    What a coincidence! I've also been thinking of a Serpent-Type exactly similar to @[member="Weavile Sly"]! Wow! But I'll add something new, such as the Pokémon that, what I think, would have this type added on to them: The Snivy line, Seviper, Dunsparce, Alolan Onix, Alolan Steelix, and perhaps some new Pokémon.

A Light Type would be a great type I think about many times.

Weaknesses: Bug, Grass

Resistances: Fire, Steel

Immunities: Dark, Ghost

Super Effective Against: Dark, Ghost,

Weak Against: Bug, Grass, Electric, Rock

Lugia: Cyber Type:

Weaknesses: Bug, Fire, Water,

Resistance: Ground, Grass,

Immunities:

Super Effective Against: Poison, Electric, Steel

Weak Against: Bug, Fire, Rock

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Headsprouter

Headsprouter Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽86.8
    It's hard to come up with a type which hasn't already been touched upon in some form.

Psychic doubles as light. (luster purge, flash)
    Normal doubles as sound.
    Poison doubles as nuclear. (mutations, hazardous materials and unwanted life tend to be poison)
    Ghost doubles as undead.

Sure it wouldn't be bad to give any of these more definition, but I'd rather come up with something that is, for the most part, entirely new.

It's a theory of mine that the Ultra beasts will have unique resistances/weaknesses/immunities, hence why Null/Silvally, which can change types was created to combat them. Although that last bit's still speculation.

If I was to make a type, it would have balancing the game in mind. It would be weak to bug and grass, definitely. And be bad against ice, at least. And good against fairy!

Derahex likes this.
  6. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    @Ho-OhLugia I forgot to put in previous Pokémon with that type. The Snivy line was supposed to be there as dual Grass/Serpent-types, as well as Ekans and Arbok as pure Serpent-types and Seviper as Poison/Serpent.

Cyber type seems cool.

@[member="Headsprouter"] That's one of the reasons I first came up with Serpent; a good counter to Fairy. Steel and Poison are much better defensively than offensively.

Normal doesn't exactly double as Sound, in my opinion. But, there isn't really much to make a Sound-type with. Just a few moves, abilities, and only like, five Pokémon.

Light just seems kind of not needed. Fairy and Psychic together sort of form that role.

7. kamoodle5

kamoodle5 Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.3
    I remembered hearing the old concept of Beast and Bird type Pokémon. Missingno had the dual-type of Normal and Bird, Arcanine was a good candidate for Beast and Skarmory would've had the Bird type if it was introduced in the first generation games.

Although the Bird type seems unnecessary since there's Flying instead, I think Beast would've been an ideal typing for many existing Pokémon such as the legendary dogs.

8. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    For my fanmade game we have the Data-type, the first and only man-made type for man-made Pokémon (Rare in nature). Its weak to every type (As data is sensitive), but does neutral against all of the types (Good moves for being Choiced too).

9. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Rift type.

Immune to Psychic and Dark (those types which most closely attempt to communicate between Rifts in dimension) Neutrally damaged by Ghost, but super-effective against it. Rift types are however the only type weak to Normal ("normal" typing representing a prototype baseline of a foreign dimension), and is also resisted by Normal. All other type interactions are completely neutral. Rift types cannot be put to sleep.

This type represents some inter-dimensionals which became known as Pokémon, there would be few though not all of "legendary" power.

Color represented is pure white, similar to what Normal type things look to us now but such a lighter white it makes Normal appear as a middle-gray between Rift and Steel

10. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I liked the idea of Light type or Space type, added bonuses for Pokémon in the high atmosphere or space, such as Rayquaza, Deoxys, or just weird looking creatures that may have come from space. Not needed though, as I think we have enough types as is.

11. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I definitely second the notion of a Space type! I really love the unique types like Psychic, Fairy, Ghost, and Steel... so a Space type would be something nice to mix with those. As for a color wise, it could be pitch black with a few neon hues mixed in between or random white/blue/purple stars.

Type effective wise Space could be...

Super Effective towards Space, Steel, and Fairy
    Resistant against Steel, Psychic, Fighting and Fairy

It would be neat to see type mixes with existing Pokémon as well. Solrock and Lunatone could be Rock/Space. Jirachi could be Steel/Space. Deoxys and Cresselia could be Psychic/Space. Not to mention all the cool designs new Pokémon could have with the type!

Cadbberry likes this.
  12. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Tech Type,
    Weak against Fire and Water
    Resists Steel, Psychic, Dark, Bug and Fighting
    Unaffected by Electric

Metagross could use this typing considering it is a super computer. Magearna could have it as well.

13. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Destruction type

Weak against electric.
    Strong against flying

A massive black smoke keeps comingnof while attacking