1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Amazing Evolutions! - October 14 Sun/Moon Update

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hey guys, [member='Aura'] here with the latest Pokémon Sun and Moon news update!

[​IMG][​IMG]

This trailer starts by revealing the evolution of Type: Null; Silvally. Much like Type: Null, Silvally is a Normal type. However, with its ability RKS System, it can change to become any of the 18 types using "certain items", which seem to be some type of disc that slot into Silvally's cheeks. It also has a signature move, Multi-Attack, which changes type along with Silvally's. It is stated that it removes the mask it wore as Type: Null to evolve, and does this when it trusts its Trainer. Its Speed increases immensely, and it regains its wild nature, but it will trust the Trainer who caused it to evolve, even to the point of risking its life for them. It was also said to have been created to oppose some kind of threat...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Next up are two Pokémon who complete Jangmo-o's evolution chain; Hakamo-o and Kommo-o. Both Hakamo-o and Kommo-o are Dragon/Fighting types with the abilities Bulletproof and Soundproof. Hakamo-o begins to show independence upon evolution, and will go live on its own. It dances before it battles to show off its strength. Its scales are very fine, but it still uses them as armour, which causes it to often lose its scales in battle, although Hakamo-o doesn't seem to mind this. Kommo-o will return to its birthplace after evolving to watch over young Jangmo-o. Its glittering scales are said to drive away a darkness covering the world, and it battles in order to gain the power it needs to drive away this darkness. It has no desire to battle weak Pokémon. Kommo-o's strongest attack is the uppercut, namely Sky Uppercut, however it also has a special move of its own; Clanging Scales. After using this move, Kommo-o's Defense will be lowered.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Next up are two Pokémon who complete Bounsweet's evolution chain; Steenee and Tsareena. Both Steenee and Tsareena are Grass types, with Steene's abilities being Leaf Guard and Oblivious, and Tsareena's abilities being Leaf Guard and Queen Majesty, which prevents the opponent from using priority moves. The calyx on Steenee's head is stronger than when it was a Bounsweet, so it no longer has to worry about being stabbed by other Pokémon. As a result it is more friendly and enjoys playing with other Pokémon. Its scent grows more delectable upon evolving, and it also gains a tomboy-like personality. It attacks using its newly hardened calyx and legs, beginning by stunning its opponent with a blow from its calyx, then attacking with its legs. Tsareena has the nature of a high-class nobility, and will act coldly towards anyone, even its own Trainer if they are not fully in-sync. It uses the power it has gained from evolving to protect Bounsweet, and is a high-kicking virtuoso. Using its new attack, Trop Kick, it lowers the Attack stat upon contact.

[​IMG]

Finishing up the evolutions, we have the first official reveal of Cutiefly's evolution; Ribombee. Ribombee is a Bug/Fairy type with the abilities Honey Gather and Shield Dust. Ribombee collect flower pollen to create balls known as Pollen Puffs. These can be served as food, although they have side-effects such as paralysis or dizziness, and Ribombee will use these puffs to strike its opponents in battles. Some of the Pollen Puffs Ribombee makes are also good for your health, and are sold as high-priced supplements. Ribombee also hate the rain, because it makes their pollen collection hard. If you can see Ribombee busy at work, you know that the weather will be fair for a while.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Two new Alolan Forms have been unveiled; Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk. Both Grimer and Muk are now Poison/Dark types with the abilities Poison Touch and Gluttony. Waste in Alola was becoming a big problem, so Grimer were introduced to help take care of the problem. As such, their composition changed, and so did their form. Grimer's teeth are actually made up of crystallised toxins, which have no way to break down, and are dangerous to make contact with. Upon evolving, Muk's hunger only grows, eating anything in reach without pausing, and it grows more restless the hungrier it is. The crystallised toxins are now spread all over its body, and Muk uses them to attack, just like any Pokémon who would use fangs or claws.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Along with Pokémon, two new Trainers were also introduced to us. The first, pictured on the left, is Olivia, who is the Kahuna of the second island in your island challenge, Akala Island. Olivia's Pokémon are all Rock types. Her skills are extraordinary, which is why she was chosen as a Kahuna at such a young age, yet she insists she's just a regular girl. The second, pictured on the right, is Ilima, who is the Normal type Trial Captain and the first Trial Captain in your Island Challenge. An expert in Normal-type Pokémon, Ilima graduated from the Trainers' School and is a hero to the students of that school.

That's all the information that was covered in the English Trailer! The Japanese trailer also include its announcement for Mega Evolution, which indicates that Mega Kangaskhan's ability, Parental Bond, has received a nerf in this Generation, with the baby Kangaskhan only dealing 25% damage with the second attack.

Well, that's it for this news update! What did you think of the news? Feel free to discuss down below, and as always, this is [member='Aura'], signing out until next time!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    shinygiratinaz likes this.
  2. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    I wasn't expecting an evolution chain for Bounsweet at all but this was a great surprise! ^_^ Kommo-o awesome in the game and I love the special artwork that they did for Silvally. Overall I was happy with pretty much everything that was revealed in the trailer ^_^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Nice. Is there any word on version exclusivity with these Pokémon? I'm leaning towards Sun but I'm still uncertain and version exclusives mean a lot to my decision, I can only get one of the two release day.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I really love the sass Tsareena has, I really love its design and the way it went from baby to preteen to teen/woman. It has a great looking, clean execution. I do think that Jangmo-o's line is a little meh, not too great in design but is still very cool to look at. I am hyped to see what Sun and Moon holds since I doubt we will have another update before the demo launch, I may be wrong though, but it seems unlikely.