1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Artists you're inspired by?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by ShiroLugia, Oct 16, 2016.

1. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Is there any artist you adore the work of? Do you feel your art takes on some elements of that artist's style?

I'm a really big fan of the Disgaea series, so a lot of art from there inspires my strange character design. I'm really inspired by AtlasNir and Gashi-Gashi, as a style that is cute but retaining gothic themes is really what I'd like to go for. Please look them up if you haven't!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    There are two mainly.

The first is Yoshitaka Amano, best known to me for his work with the art in the Final Fantasy games (though he's done a lot of other stuff as well). His distinctive drawn and watercolored style has a natural mystical dream-like quality to it full of little extra fantasy details, it's great.

The second is an outsider artist named Henry Darger. You can click the link to read his history and that but basically he was a poor recluse who lived in Chicago, and after his death was discovered a 15,000+ page fantasy story manuscript (as well as other writings) including hundreds of pieces of art which illustrated it. He used various methods available to him to make his self-taught art, often using magazine and photo cutouts to make mixed-media pieces. Something about his whole character, and what he achieved for himself artistically is endearing and inspiring to me. He worked on his writing and art for nearly six decades all alone in his rented room, for the sake of himself and for the sake of creating; it was only ever discovered after his death. Was an interesting man.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShiroLugia likes this.
  3. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    There are two artists that my art it heavily inspired by: Gummigator and DShou. I'm a fan of the cute, rounded styles they have and whenever I see their artwork it makes me feel like drawing! Also I am partially inspired by the artists who did the art for the Shantae games (all of them have such an appealing style!).

Gummigator:
    [​IMG]

DShou:
    [​IMG]

Shantae:
    See my avatar

4. HyperChaosLugia

HyperChaosLugia Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽29.6
    Hmm....Not sure to be honest. I kinda got inspired by Makoto Haruno and Rin Hirai from one of my favorite manga series~. Other then that, I got inspired mostly by Anime140, Dragongirl787, C4T, AquaWindLugia and MatsueHikari from deviantart. Some of them may not seem amazing to others but they have motivated me at most points (three of them originally got me into deviantart despite being hella inactive along with le other woogia twin and C4T is one of my best friends) yet they are amazing to me though. o3o Although I Can List More People From FurAffinity And DeviantArt But The List Is Too Long DERP

5. Mimic

Mimic Tuber

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.7
    My favourite artists all stream on twitch, but my favourite & most inspiring is KingGrim

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I adore putt125, they are my art idol, though not perfect their pieces are amazing! Everything, even sketches are just so detailed and fun to look at. They are also very active with their fans, very shocked they have fans, but very active with them. They used to do Five Night's at Freddy art, they excelled with robots as they built them selves up with Transformers, and moved to Undertale where their anatomy and skeletal work has shined. They drew for me twice now, and one time helped create my OC and the other was a wonderful collaboration. They are an amazing artist and they inspire me to move forward and try something new all the time.
    The piece that made my OC- [​IMG]

I honestly can't pick between their other works, so check them out, but be warned they have mature content on, usually with the filter added, viewer discretion my be advised http://putt125.deviantart.com/gallery/

7. ShiroLugia

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I've recently gotten back into Mogeko styles lately, because I'm a HUGE fan of the cute pastel aesthetic mixed with horror elements. AtlasNir has to be my new biggest inspiration... You guys should definitely visit her site and support her!

8. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Ah, art! Where to start? I have so many inspirations! I am mainly inspired by Satoshi Yamamoto who does the art for Pokémon Adventures. I learnt off his style, and it has really helped drive me to my current manga style. Other than him, I am inspired by our very own Deltheor! His art never fails to inspire me, that I may one day master the art of... art. Needless to say, any art that I enjoy, I am inspired by.

Satoshi Yamamoto:
    [​IMG]

9. Sinclare

Sinclare Flaming Hot Gym leader

Chiyo
    (Growlithe)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽193.0
    I'm heavily Inspired by Mike Inel, LuluSeason, Oceantan.. Sakamichan (I actually met her irl), and My bestfriend Nachopenguin.

I was mostly inspired by my late Aunt as well :3

10. ShiroLugia

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    @[member="Sinclare"] Mike Inel has beautiful work!!! :o I always look forward to his stuff aaaa,,, Glad to see someone else knows him!!

Sinclare likes this.
  11. Salad

Salad School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.3
    The artist that has inspired me the most is probably Rui Komatsuzaki... Those eyes, man...beautiful.

Rui KomRuTh

12. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I've got a huge amount of inspirations but currently I'm especially enjoying feverworm, lenyan and kawiku.

13. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I've been loving ir-dr recently. I mentioned them in my member of the month interview, but i just love their art so much~ uts so cute and stylistic!

I've always been a long time fan of sidu and I think I draw the most inspiration from them. I've been following them for a good 5-6 years now and am even lucky enough to own some of their art books!

ConfettiCat likes this.
  14. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Well...there's a long list I won't bore you with :) but for writing, I've been taking inspiration from FieryFafar of FF. They wrote the fic that got me into writing fanfiction of my own, and if I hadn't done that, I never would have found my way to the lake. So thank you for My Stubborn Cure, FieryFafar.
    #MissingNo

15. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    ChiNoMiko, Yana Toboso, the artist that drew the dangan ronpa art style Margret Keane are the artist I look up to. Most of my drawings are just based on them and their style. I just love there style and im practicing every day to know draw as good as them.

16. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    My earlier style was very influenced by Ken Akamatsu and Clamp and some of my ideas are still influenced by those artists!
    Nowadays I can see more influences of Takehito Harada in my work and whoever designed the cuties in PriPara. I'm not sure of the the designer or artist responsible for them.