1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by HuntressWizard, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuntressWizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽29.0
    Hello Lake Valor! I'm HuntressWizard, though most people call me Huntress or HW for short. I've been playing Pokémon for about 11 years now (my first game was PMD Blue Rescue Team). I've done a couple of nuzlocke runs on another forum (when I get around to it I'll probably put them in my signature) and have a couple more cooking.

Looking forward to hanging around here~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Yo Huntress! Welcome to LV, glad you decided to join us. Blue Rescue Team was one of my first games, it has such a nostalgic feel doesn't it? I'd love to answer all your questions and help you whenever I can.

You should totally make a game journal of your nuzlockes here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Salad

Salad School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.3
    yeah, huntress, post your runs!! :D

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor! How did you find our site, if I may ask? I am a fan of the rescue games, I played rescue red and it convinced me to play Explorers of Time, I really love the concept the games had, very fun to play. I am also a fan of the lockes, working on a Wonderlocke at the moment, very fun to play with and get to work through, lot of grinding, though. If you do a play through you should really make a game journal, those are so impressing to read through. I hope you have a lot of fun on this, site, if you need any help let me know!

5. HuntressWizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽29.0
    Oh wow, such kinds responses, thank you for a warm welcome! ^_^

I'll look into posting a game journal of a couple of my completed nuzlockes and maybe my ongoing one. They're "screenshotlockes," as in I have screenshots of the game and then dialogue between them. Would that be okay to post as a game journal?

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    We would love it if you would post them! They would go in the Game Journal section :D

7. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Welcome to LV! Pleasure to have you here. I'm a huge fan of PMD as well. Have you played the newest one?

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Greetings, HuntressWizard!

You like posting game journals, you say? Pray tell, how do you like to tell the story of how you progress through your games? I'm interested to hear how you go about that.

9. HuntressWizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽29.0
    Aaaaaaa I hope it's okay if I bump this slightly to answer your questions!!

@[member="Satix"] yes!!! I preferred Rescue Team and Explorers, though; PSMD doesn't seem to have that same charm. :/

@[member="Eclipse"] well I can't really draw, and writing an entire storylocke is very time-intensive (I'm working on a couple, though!!), so I do "screenshotlockes"! Basically, while I'm playing, I'll take screenshots and then write dialogue between the trainer, their team, and various NPCs between them. I actually just posted a prologue to an ongoing run I have; the link is in my signature if you'd like to see it!

10. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    How far did you get into PSMD? I didn't really like it until I got past the start, which took a while. I preferred the other two as well, though. Not too huge on Gates to Infinity, the paid DLC was off-putting and it felt too depressing. I didn't really feel as close to the characters either.

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Screenshots, you say? Interesting! I'd been working on a game journal myself where I just told the story via screenshots and made up dialogue to go along with it. (It's on hold for now due to my current school load, but it'll be back.) I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who tries this method!

...though by the looks of it, your screenshots appear to be direct screen captures, so they're better than mine. (I just use a 3DS camera because that's all I have available. Oh well - it's something, at least!)

12. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    hey huntress! Welcome to lv! I've got a question for you. Which was your toughest nuzlocke and why? Did it end in a victory or loss?

13. HuntressWizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽29.0
    @[member="Satix"] I finished it once (with a Turtwig and a Riolu, I believe), but I haven't been able to finish it again because of that long slog of a beginning. I haven't played GTI, because I haven't heard many good things about it...

@[member="Eclipse"] Ooooh, I'll have to check it out! I'm glad you think the format is interesting; I have five completed nuzlockes plus this ongoing one told in this way. After this one I'm working on now, though...I'm gonna switch to storylockes. :3

@[member="Strytho"] Oh, that's a tough one. My Dark-type monolocke of Storm Silver was pretty tough, since I had to work around type disadvantages while also putting up with the atrocious grinding. The ongoing run of Volt White, In The Shade, is also pretty tough, because...well, you'll see when I get to part 9. :3c Both of them end in victories, though (gameplay for In The Shade is done).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.