1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sup. I was invited here.

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Sanoan, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanoan

Sanoan Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.7
    Hello! I'm Sanoan on the interwebs.
    I played Pokémon since I was 4 years old (I believe Yellow is my first ever video game) and since then I grown to like Pokémon a lot. I admit, I'm behind playing the newer Pokémon due to not having a 3DS but when I ever do get one, the newer Pokémon games would be the very first thing to get.
    I am Graphic Design student who wanted to be a comic book artist. My dream is to publish my very own graphic novel series. I actually have an idea of one but I wanted to improve my skills to the point where I can be able to present amazing art at the same time give a great story with good pacing. Thats where my nuzlocke webcomic comes in.
    CUE SHAMELESS PLUGIN!
    So ya I been doing a nuzlocke comic for over a year now. Its a story focus Nuzlocke so idk how long it'll take me to finish it but I'm having fun with it. Its called Lucidity and you can find it on my DA page here:http://sanaon.deviantart.com/ or the nuzlocke forum so if you want to read it, now is the best time to caught up. Idk if I could post it here or not. Let me know if I can hehe.
    I'm mostly draw whatever I want but the nuzlocke comic is the main focus atm. I hope to make a non-Pokémon webcomic when I can find a balance between that, the nuzlocke, doing random art and school.
    Anyways I ramble enough. Happy to be here and hope to stick around for awhile! I might post my art here when I got the time! For now Cya later! :D

2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    If you want to share your Nuzlocke comic, we actually do have a Game Journals section devoted entirely to game playthroughs, so re-posting it here for us all to see and share in would be pretty neat, actually! You could have the necessary images hosted on your DeviantArt page, and also have the story written up here - that is totally fine.

A graphic design student, eh? How long have you been at graphic design? What started your passion for it? Why do you keep at it? I'm sure you have many wonderful stories to tell us all, so you need not be shy in sharing them - we'll listen.

3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Hi there! Welcome to Lake Valor! I really love your comic, it is very cool and entertaining! If you need any help let me know :D I hope you post your comic in a profile and for sure make a game journal on your Nuzlocke experience!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sanoan

Sanoan Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.7
    @Eclipse-
    Sweet! I'll post my stuff there when I got the time!
    Yep, been studying graphic design for like 2 and a half years now. It wasn't my first choice actually. Originally I was planning to go to a regular college for two years and than transfer over to an art school. But I began to realize that I hated the major I was originally studying (FIne Arts) and actually had an D on my math class (first D I ever had in my life). I was a bit of a stump cuz I wanted to go to that art school (not anymore when I realized that art school pretty much means nothing these days) and still wanted to be an illustrator. Talk to my parents about it and we looked over other options in my college. Graphic Design stand out the most (because you need to complete either an science credit or math credit during the program and I already took a science class) and I went from there. Best choice of my life. I feel like I was apart of a family again, something I missed from high school and I love doing design stuff. The illustator and comic book dream is still inside me but I don't mind being an designer too as I'm pretty good at it. So pretty much I been treating illustration as a serious hobby at the same time studying design.
    I actually do have plenty of neat stories during my time at the program but I don't want to type all of that. Maybe another time. Cool that you're interested with all that tho! :D

@Cadbberry-
    Thanks! I will do all that when I'm able to. Maybe Thursday. Have school all day tomorrow hehe :D

5. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Hey @[member="Sanoan"], welcome to Lake Valor! I hope you've been enjoying your stay over the past couple days.

I think that it's really cool you're studying graphic design, and I applaud you for pursuing your passion. That seems to be a hard quality to come by, nowadays.

I look forward to seeing more of your work--your DA holds some pretty interesting things :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.