1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Emerald ❤Moemon❤//☠Nuzlocke☠

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    This is the second time I'm writing all of this because for some reason the page crashed when I tried to upload this, I hate my life why must things be this way
    [​IMG]

Whoop whoop, it's time for a Nuzlocke! I will be playing a randomized Emerald Moemon Nuzlocke, so let me explain what that means.

The Nuzlocke Rules:
    - You may only catch the first encounter in any given route or area
    - If the first encounter has a Pokéball next to its name, you are allowed to catch the next wild encounter
    - When a Moemon's HP reaches 0, that means it is considered dead, and must be either released or boxed permanently
    - When you have a blackout due to all six Moemon in your party dying, regardless of whether you have boxed Moemon, you lose the run
    - All Moemon must be nicknamed (I guess that's a rule? I just do it for fun)

Moemon:
    The Emerald ROM has received a Moemon patch, which is nothing more than a sprite overhaul. Instead of Pokémon creatures, all your encounters will now be... cute girls. I don't know why anyone made this, but I love it. And also it will potentially make me feel even worse about killing any of them.

The Randomizer specs:
    - The starter Moemon can be anything, including legendaries, and fully evolved Moemon.
    - Wild encounters are fully randomized, meaning that any Moemon can appear anywhere. I did make sure that all Moemon appear at least once, to keep the variety as great as possible.
    - Unique Moemon (Moemon you can see on the overworld) are also entirely random.
    - Trainer Pokémon, as well as the items they have and use, and random.
    - Evolutions are still the same, for example, Pidgey will still evolve into Pidgeotto.
    - Pokémon movesets, abilities, and held items are random. Their TM compatibility is also randomized. So, despite the fact that Water Moemon are still Water type, it's entirely possible that they are unable to learn any Water type moves.
    - TM's are virtually infinite (they come in stacks of 90). The game is difficult enough as it is alright, just grant me this one little thing...

How will I keep track of my progress?
    Through many screenshots with some added commentary, I will try to keep the Nuzlocke as lively as possible. They will be hidden under spoiler tags to avoid massive lag, but for those with a slower computer, try not to open more than one spoiler at a time.

WITH ALL THAT EXPLAINING OUT OF THE WAY THE FIRST UPDATE WILL BE HERE PRETTY DAMN SOON SO GET READY

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I'll try my best to keep an eye out on this series. Especially since it is partially my fault that you may kill little girls by accident.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IceyEmmy

IceyEmmy Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.2
    As someone that commonly does nuzlocke challenges like myself, I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes for you. :3 May the RNG gods bless you with no unfortunate critical hits.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Ah my favorite kind of Nuzlocke. May you have the patience to continue farther than I ever can in these.

5. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Chapter 1: Spark to a Flame[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px][​IMG][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Alright here we go, Pokémon Emerald Moemon Randomizer Nuzlocke, let's go![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]No professor Birch, that is what we call a "Moemon". Get your facts straight, you glorified nerd.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]My name is Doofus. I am one of the few remaining male inhabitants of Hoenn who dares to rebel against the females. Somewhere in the past, a radical group of women declared war on Hoenn, and presumably other regions as well. They call themselves "feminists". Most men were exterminated in the war, but the few who remain are merely slaves to the overruling women. I'm here to infiltrate in Hoenn, and hopefully turn over this ridiculous revolution, all to put men back in their rightful spot, equally beside the women. It won't be easy, but I might be able to succeed.[/SIZE]

[​IMG]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Gotta get that beginner's potion, as always. Nuzlocke essential #1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Starter time![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Ponyta, solid Moemon, I would mind that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Hitmonlee... I think I prefer Ponyta, but still, not bad.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Plusle... You know what, I used to hate the everliving crap out of Plusle, but then I watched another Nuzlocke in which they used a Plusle (shoutout to Zimzy), and I actually hate him a little less now. Still praying for Ponyta though.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]My prayers have been heard, hallelujah! Ponyta it shall be![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]For a moment I thought my Ponyta had Drought, which would've been awesome, but alas. Arbok actually put up a serious fight, knowing Magnitude and Earthquake (what are the chances), but I managed to win. Good thing I picked up that potion earlier.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Names will also be randomly generated. Everyone will have a female name, because let's be real, the moe girls are way too feminine. Just don't pay attention to the little gender symbol, alright?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Oh sweet, she has the one Ability that was removed from the final game... I wonder if it actually still works, or if I just have no working Ability >.>[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Whatever it is, the voices in my head sure know that this is not the right time to use it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]First rival battle against- Light Threat May? And she has... a... Flygon... Oh boy...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Get that smug look off your face Flygon, this isn't over yet! Or actually, it is... I didn't even get a chance at catching a wild Moemon yet... Why must all great things end so soon T_T[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]To be continued...[/SIZE]

Weedle Enthusiast likes this.
  6. IceyEmmy

IceyEmmy Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.2
    Poor Doofus... Beaten up right after declaring war XD Though, I can't help but laugh, Moemon Ponyta with Cacophony... I just imagine her continuously just going, "LALALALALALALALALALALALALA" just to avoid sound based moves.

Halcyon Storm likes this.
  7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    ouch rough start there. Light threat May might have been an understatement

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Awww no... Angelina why T_T I hope you give it a retry though, maybe? :may:

9. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Chapter 2: The Struggle
    [SIZE=12pt]After the unfortunate death of Doofus the first, another hundred years passed. However, seemingly, not much appeared to have changed. Everything was still the same as a hundred years ago. But now, another Doofus has risen, willing to take the chance and cause a revolution in Hoenn.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt][​IMG][/SIZE]

Yay, I can start with a Hoothoot... Very exciting indeed >.>

[​IMG]
    This
    This is what I want
    I want Mew

[​IMG]
    Ariados is actually pretty cool too, would not be too mad about that either. As long as it's not Hoothoot.

[​IMG]
    Sweet, Mew is it!!

[​IMG]
    Oh...
    Oh no...
    I made a huge mistake...

[​IMG]
    THROUGH THE POWER OF PERSEVERANCE, I WILL PRESS ON! NOBODY CAN STOP ME NOW HAHAHA!!!

[​IMG]
    Meet Metrodora, the somewhat useless Mew! Although, you know what, Static is actually pretty useful in this scenario. Not bad, not bad.

[​IMG]
    Are you freaking kidding me? I finally learn a new move, and it's Baton Pass of all things. WHY THIS??? Not only that, Baton Pass also has 40 PP, as opposed to Scary Face, which only has 10. Because of this, I have to go out of my way to try to avoid Pokécenters as much as I can... Damn you Mew.

[​IMG]
    Heheheh... Goof.

[​IMG]
    Sweet, first catchable Moemon in the run! Anorith is pretty neat, right?

[​IMG]
    I guess we'll never know... (I tried to catch it at full health alright, it didn't work. I was thinking maybe because it's Rock type it'll resist my Struggle enough to take one hit, but no)
    [​IMG]
    Can I actually catch you maybe?

[​IMG]
    Alright then! Welcome to the team, Fenella the Heracross!

[​IMG]
    This may be the first time ever that I'm happy to be able to catch a Weedle. But think about it, just grind to level 12 and you have a fully evolved Moemon! This could be incredibly useful.

[​IMG]
    God damn Ptolemais calm down, look at that moveset! Outrage and Brick Break, this girl is a BEAST!

[​IMG]
    Yesssssssssssss

[​IMG]
    This is too accurate lmao

[​IMG]
    This Sableye was the worst thing ever, I got really close to dying here.

[​IMG]
    Oh for crying out loud, the next trainer has a goddamn Deoxys? This game just wants me to fail >.>

[​IMG]
    I'm only mildly angry that I missed my chance to catch a legendary on the first route.

[​IMG]
    I'm only... mildly... angry...

[​IMG]
    Ehm, Arcanine with STAB Fire Punch and Drought... I don't think this'll end well...

[​IMG]
    DAMN IT

To be continued...

10. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Darn and such a shame since Ptolemais was a beast. Ah well. Perhaps Doofus the third will suceed where his predecessors failed

Cadbberry likes this.
  11. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    You are not having any good luck at all are you? I hope you have better luck in the future!

12. IceyEmmy

IceyEmmy Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.2
    Ahhhhh, it looked like it was going so strong too. Randomized movesets makes the game highly unpredictable though, though, here's to Doofus the third :thumbsup:

13. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Dang man, come on doofus, we believe in you! You can go far!

14. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Chapter 3: Whoa!
    Another hundred years, and another doofus. Perhaps this time...

[​IMG]
    Dewgong would be sweet! Starting with an evolved Moemon is always great, gives me that little more confidence.

[​IMG]
    Would not mind a Jolteon either! Great choices so far.

[​IMG]
    Or, you know, I could get a Goldeen... No thank you.

[​IMG]
    Deeeeeeeeeew-gong-gong-gong

[​IMG]
    Full moveset at level five, what is this sorcery? Hellevi is already growing on me.

[​IMG]
    Perfect, a Grass type to complement Hellevi!

[​IMG]
    That's one really nice moveset, Anika. I'm really getting a good feeling about this one!

[​IMG]
    All bases covered, woop woop!

[​IMG]
    And then this. My game keeps freezing every time at this exact point. I've tried resetting the emulator, different save states, etc. Nothing works. I'm just stuck in this place for all eternity...

Whoa...

You know, I'm still having fun with this, so I'll give it another shot. I won't give up at least until I've reached the first gym leader!

To be continued...

15. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Dang, sorry your game keeps freezing, wonder what is wrong with the emulator. Well, I am excited to see you keep trying!

16. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    You just can't catch a break can you? Well, I hope this next run has better luck than the previous 3.

17. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Chapter 4: Blasted burns
    [...] and so another Doofus gave the adventure a shot, because blah blah blah
    [​IMG]
    Spheeeeeeeal!! Too cute, can't deal

[​IMG]
    Huh, Cyndaquil... An actual starter, who would've thought

[​IMG]
    Smoochum... Naaaaaaaah

[​IMG]
    Ayyy, actually starting the game with a starter!

[​IMG]
    Blast Burn?? That's... quite the starter move, I must say, even despite the low PP. One shot the Persian too, as I expected.

[​IMG]
    Lmao, of course she has Truant, what else. For now it doesn't even matter anyway, since Blast Burn would have to recharge anyway.

[​IMG]
    It's a bit early for that, don't you think?

[​IMG]
    Oh for Christ's sake, of course she has a legendary of the worst type...

[​IMG]
    Can't beat the beast tho! Look at those stats.

[​IMG]
    Good: It's an Abra!
    Bad: I only have one chance at catching it
    Good: I have Spider Web, so it can't escape!
    Better: I also totally forgot that movesets are randomized so it doesn't even have Teleport
    Bad: It ate all my Moeballs so I couldn't catch it

[​IMG]
    PLEASE LET ME CATCH YOU
    I HAVE
    TO
    HAVE AN
    ABSOL
    ON MY TEAM

[​IMG]
    7 Moeballs later... I GOT IT!!

[​IMG]
    Cute Charm... Appropriate.

[​IMG]
    Artemis is a BEAST! She learned Blaze Kick too, god damn!

[​IMG]
    Meanwhile Wally caught... a Spinarak. Have fun nerd

[​IMG]
    Also caught this... rather underwhelming addition to the team... But alright

[​IMG]
    It only did like 4 HP of damage, but it looks way too scary >.>

[​IMG]
    I actually have a pretty decent team... I might have a chance to really reach the first Gym Leader... I can't believe it!!!!

To be continued...

18. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Congrats on getting past this part, I am hyped to see how your team handles these challenges, it is a great set up for you right now!

19. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Trapinch is one of my favorites. Too bad it has such a poop move set so far. Congrats and let the rebellion continue

20. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Chapter 4: Mirror coated
    [​IMG]
    Ayyy we're getting a Spheal anyways!

[​IMG]
    Camilla the Spheal... Is another mad beast, damn! This is awesome!!

[​IMG]
    Also caught this little one in the woods, but she levels up so damn slowly... A lot of training will be required for her to actually become useful.

[​IMG]
    pOOL CLEANER GRUNT OH MY GOD THIS IS TOO ACCURATE LMAO

[​IMG]
    At least he uses a Water Moemon... Also take a quick look at that moveset... This run consists only of Moemon with either killer or crap movesets, nothing in between.

[​IMG]
    Nooooooooooooooo I wanted a Ralts T_T

[​IMG]
    So I only just got through Petalburg Woods right, and in just that short distance, with the few items that are out in the field, out of ANY item in the entire game... I already got Mirror Coat twice. Just... HOW??? Not to forget that it's Alexandra's only attacking move as well... There's just too many mirrors here, man.

[​IMG]
    Dude Metagross looks sweet! And she also gave me a pretty close battle, but luckily I now have three Moemon with powerful fire moves!

[​IMG]
    Bone Rush Shroomish got me real close to death here... It's too early for you to leave, Eurydice!

[​IMG]
    First double battle in the game oh whaddup

[​IMG]
    Oh look it's the Moemon that ended Doofus the second's run... Too bad for you, I'm not like him!

[​IMG]
    oH MY GOD WHY

[​IMG]
    Oh, time to get really creative with my phrase...

[​IMG]
    This is just about the extent of my creativity... I'm proud of myself.

[​IMG]
    That sounds like a pretty sweet deal, but sorry man, Nuzlocke rules. And also I don't think I'll ever even get a Gligar.

[​IMG]
    Accidentally killed Seel while trying to catch it, oops... Well, I'm not too sad to be honest, Camilla is pretty much a better version of Seel anyway.

[​IMG]
    This could've been the end of Maia... Luckily Fissure actually worked for once.

[​IMG]
    Oh my god the trainer classes are so damn accurate in this game it's amazing xD

[​IMG]
    I like how the hiker has the Metapod, and Rattata boy has the legendary volcano monster... Never underestimate Rattata boys.

[​IMG]
    Guess it's time to get my first badge...

To be continued...