1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Torn Between Type

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by CGStryker, Oct 28, 2016.

1. CGStryker

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.7
    @Everyone who has entered: Here we go...

Other than the ones in the Institute Rules, not much:
    Little requirements for posts, just don't be irrelevant or illogical.

Free-form battle system: No turns, no systems, think of it like a rebuttal showdown, trying to one up the other by winning a fight. Moves may be used, but the Pokémon has to be able to use them. Use terrain, other Pokémon, whatever to your advantage.

Not too long ago, Pokémon of all Types lived in harmony with one another under the rule of the Gods, who in turn themselves served the highest god, Arceus. Now, one day, everything changed. No one knew why he did it, but he did it. He and his subjects appeared before the mortal Pokémon, and changed the foundation of the world. He said that 18 Pokémon, each of a different type, would be chosen and given power over their Type and would represent their Type in global warfare, and that the winner would be given the power the recreate the world in his or her image. Now, everyone knew that this was surely insane, but they had no way of stopping him or convincing him, and he'd easily eliminate them if he refused, so all they could do was sadly prepare for the worst, and fight. Time passed, and the war only got worse. What was once being forced to fight one another grew into mercilessly slaughtering others for their cause. Luckily, no kingdoms had to face the wrath of their entire civilization being wiped out, but many casualties occurred. As of now, war doesn't seem to be letting up in the slightest, and a winner has yet to be decided...

...Time goes by, and kingdoms become desperate. Not long ago, a few kingdoms have been launching more frequent attacks. Kingdoms begin to falter. Who knows how long until one is left.

(Obviously, Arceus treats this like a game, so he is keeping track of the fall of the kingdoms, which as of now, is none. From 18 to 1, this will list the placement of the kingdoms and how they tragically failed in their conquest.)

A peace conferance is called in the Normal kingdom, held by Grandmaster Wigglytuff hoping to create a truce treaty. Invited are the Bug, Electric, and Fairy types, who have each sent their best troops to attend, but are wary of a trap.

The remaining kingdoms are at rest, left to do as they wish.

2. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    (That mention doesn't work. If you were trying to get people's attention that it started, then you need to do each person individually.)

Comalia was flying around above what used to be a beautiful meadow. She was scounting the damage the recent battle had done to it, and nearly cried at just how altered and destroyed it was.

What used to be a sprawlling green field full of pretty flowers was now scorched and darkened. The giant tree that used to be around the center was now bare of leaves and still smoldering.

Comalia landed mear the tree and surveyed the landscape from here. There was no sign of the beautiful scenery that was here before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    ((What Weavile Sly said. I'll mention them since I'm here already.

@[member="shinygiratinaz"]
    @[member="Dusty"]
    @[member="BiohazardSr"]
    @[member="tonochi"]
    @[member="CattyNeko"]
    @[member="random noob 67"]

RP time .u. ))

As he was his Nation's best healer, even though there was few healers of his type to begin with, Damon was forced to come to the conference. By his side was an Electivire named Plaid, who leads the primary offensive force in the Electric nation, and an Ampharos named Corona, who was the lead strategist of the Electric nation. In front was Grandmaster Raichu himself, with some Electabuzz and a few Luxray behind them. Another top troop among their electrics was a Magnezone nicknamed XRX, who stayed behind to keep their country safe.

The whole time they were heading to the Normal Nation, he was worrying about an ambush more than anything AND anyone, especially as he heard that 2 other nations were coming to the conference. He tried convincing Grandmaster Raichu that this could very well happen before they left, but apparantly the Grandmaster didn't think anything like that would happen, with the others saying not to worry about it, but he just couldn't help himself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    shinygiratinaz likes this.
  4. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    @[member="TripleAAABattery"] Thanks a lot for the heads up!

Flora was just flying and singing around the grassland of the Fairy Kingdom (Or Nation)that was still untouched by the war. Queen Togekiss tried her best to prevent any kind of war in the Kingdom, so everyone, almost everyone could feel safe inside the Kingdom. But Flora knows better, war is inevitable, especially if the Pokémon God, Arceus were to command the Kingdoms to fall into war. But why would the God of Pokémon want war between types? No one knows except for the God himself.

Looking over the wall of the Fairy Kingdom, she could see the battlefield where the wars took place. Desolated, there was no sign of peace almost everywhere. Trumpets were sounded before the departure of their Queen Togekiss to the Normal Kingdom. The Queen was accompanied by Spritzee, and some Altaria (added it in because there are almost no Flying Fairy types. Besides, it becomes a Fairy-type when it Mega Evolves) and her Togetic sons, to ensure her safety. Flora could imagine how much wary of the other Kingdoms of a trap in the Normal Kingdom, but Queen Togekiss didn't think of it. She believed that it was just a peace meeting.

Flying of in the sky, the residents of the Fairy Kingdom bid her farewell, and good luck, because Queen Togekiss might be ambushed in the way, or the meeting could possibly be a trap. Flora didn't want anything to happen to their Queen, so she sneakily followed her on her trip to the Normal Kingdom

TripleAAABattery likes this.
  5. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Sehkmet walked, her pace leisurely as if she was talking an afternoon stroll rather than picking her way across a still-smoldering battlefield. She pulled out her worn map, studying it with a small "hmm." At her pace, she hoped to reach the meeting grounds in the Normal kingdom just after the discussions began. Considering the suspicion around the event, she knew it wasn't going to be easy to enter the area, but those suspicions were exactly why she had been ordered to observe. If something was going to happen, she would be able to report it quickly and plans could be adjusted rapidly if needed rather than waiting for suspicions to be confirmed and wasting valuable time.

She adjusted her scarf, making sure it wasn't dragging in the ashen dirt she walked across. It was probably just going to be a boring old meeting in the end, and she was going to have a nice few hours to read her book before the delegations adjourned and she could gather info. She considered taking it out to read as she walked, but the eerie stillness of the ruined plain made her too wary to stop scanning the area around her. With a tense shiver, she tucked away her map, buried her chin in her scarf and pressed onwards.

6. random noob 67

random noob 67 Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.5
    The familiar smell of burning wood filled Lasaruz's nose as he prepared to roast some berries. For a minute he stood and inhaled deeply, the ash and smoke filling his lungs, then breathed out, sighing happily. Though he carried fire around with him, he was often blown away by how beautifully destructive it was.

He used a small stick to spear a Passho Berry, which he then roasted by the heat of the flame. These berries were often hard to find, and their bitter and dry taste caused most to turn their noses up at them, but to Lasaruz only one thing mattered: they weakened the effect of water on him. He would happily eat the most bitter fruit alive if it could get him the upper hand in combat. After all, that upper hand could mean the difference between life and death.

He brought the slightly undercooked berry to his mouth and slowly chewed, savouring the bitter tastes, knowing it would make him stronger.

7. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Ilbis coasted along the winds peacefully and alone. The Clan leader stayed behind as he had an important strategy meeting. Ilbis did not mind, the boss was terrible at fiplomacy anyway. Along his path laid an empty meadow. On a normal occasion he'd be wary of being this out in the open, but he wore a white and blue sash to show he was a representative, and not to be harmed. Though these days, the only thing it really provided was a little bit of comfort.

The farther away he went from the bug clan's forest, the more scarred the land looked. He passed by what the young soldiers called The King's Field, a large plot of land littered with jagged rocks sticking from the ground. "I should take Ico here sometime. He'd love the serenity. Could give him a nice history lesson too"

He thought about the young bugs at home, before something caught his eye. A large gaggle of electric types, one of them a fairly big looking Raichu. "Huh, well we're all going to the same place anyway. Might as well say hello." He gently lowered down to get just above them. When they noticed the sudden warm feeling on their backs, they turned around slightly startled and got in a defensive position. "Woah there. Look at the sash, I'm not here for a fight. Just heading to the same place you all are." He looked up at the Raichu "Grandmaster." He bowed his head a little in respect

8. TripleAAABattery

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    As they continued to march, it suddenly started to get rather warm... Damon looked to his side and saw that a lone... large Volcarona was getting close to them, in which he was starting to panic. Was this part of an ambush? "G-guys, we've got a Volcarona approaching us!" They all looked in the direction that Damon was looking in, and sure enough, there was one there. Everyone was taking defensive positions, a bit startled that they had let a Volcarona get so close to them. The only one that didn't really change what he was doing was Grandmaster Raichu. In fact, he didn't even stop moving for some reason. Corona had to stop him.

"Woah there. Look at the sash, I'm not here for a fight. Just heading to the same place you all are." they all heard the Volcarona say. He looked official enough at least. But Damon was wondering why he was alone...? This couldn't be part of the trap, could it?

They saw the Volcarona was slightly bowing down in a gesture of respect towards the Grandmaster, but Raichu was being too modest about it. Plaid decides to speak up. "Sorry about that. What nation are you representing, then?"

Damon was still being extremely cautious, even though everyone else was fine. He had about a million different plans going on in his head in case something went wrong.

9. BiohazardSr

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    "I am here on behalf of the bug clan. Our leader sent me to do the talking today, he had urgent matters to deal with." He flew closer to the ground, but kept a respectful distance. "My name is Ilbis. I am a warrior of our clan, and also a diplomat when convenient. Might I have your names as well?"

10. TripleAAABattery

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    "Ilbis? Well, my name is Plaid. I'm pretty much the chief when it comes to anything offense related, and I'm here to protect our Grandmaster." The Electivire responded.

The Ampharos takes her turn. "You can call me Corona. I'm the head strategist, and... well, I'd like to think of myself as Grandmaster Raichu's right-hand lady."

"Good thing he's left-handed, so I'm better in regards that I'm his left-hand man." The Electivire smiled, his arms crossed and looking impressed with himself.

"Yeah yeah sure anyways, I'm here in the event that we need to talk about other nations." Corona didn't really care about what Plaid had to say, talking over him and his bragging.

Damon doesn't have a choice but to go forth and introduce myself. "I... I'm Damon. I'm just a healer..." He said rather nervously.

"Don't mind him. He's just a bit nervous that something could go wrong." Corona responded, patting Damon on his head, which he was rather embarrassed about. "But... just out of curiosity... why are you alone? It doesn't even seem that safe, especially considering you're in the bug clan. Usually you guys are in bigger numbers."

11. CGStryker

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.7
    "You could stick with us. You said you were going to the conference too, right?" Grandmaster Raichu asked Ilbis, "You're alone, so we can keep you company, and maybe the Electric and Bug Kingdoms could be the slightest bit friendlier to one another."

12. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Flora was still following Queen Togekiss and the others, but when they entered the forest, she had seemingly separated from the group. She couldn't find her way back to the Queen, and the Fairy Kingdom is too far away now to go back, so she decided to just wander around until she finds her way out of the forest.

"Hey, has anyone seen Flora?" An Altaria said, who seemingly noticed Flora following them.

"Flora... oh, you mean that Floette? I thought she stayed back at the Kingdom?" A Spritzee replied.

"Hmm, I could've sworn I saw her earlier..." The Altaria replied.

Flora might seem frail and fragile, but she knows how to take care of herself. Except of course, against larger opponents. As she was wandering around the forest, trying to find her Queen, she saw something in the distance. A group of Electric-type Pokémon and a Volcanora were travelling together. She was confused at first, but she then decided it was best for her to hide. Luckily, a bush with flowers that has almost the same color and pattern of her flower was near, so she decided to hide inside the bush while holding her flower outside of the bush. She could only hope that no one will notice the difference.

13. shinygiratinaz

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Sehkmet rounded a small hill, looking across and seeing the end of the scorched plain in the distance. She smiled a bit to herself, quickening her pace to leave the depressingly ruined landscape behind her.

Very suddenly, she stopped, ducking behind a lone burned tree. She stood still for a moment, then peeked out from around the tree. A yanma had landed among the ash nearby, and seemed to be surveying the field. Sehkmet pulled herself back behind the tree, thinking hard. There wasn't anything to hide her aside from the tree she was currently behind, and she didn't want to get into a fight and waste time when her mission was elsewhere. At the same time, if she stayed hiding until the yanma eventually flew off or found her anyways, she might waste even more time. Even worse, this yanma could be one of the Bug nation delegates who might be missed and cause tension or recognize her later at an inopportune moment. She stroked her scarf thoughtfully, eventually shaking her head and sighing.

She stepped out from behind the tree quietly, walking as far away from the yanma as she could while keeping a sharp eye on it.

14. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Rilessa was bouncing up and down with joy. "Oh!!! Are the other factions coming today Grandmaster? I'm just so excited!" She adjusted her bow and sat next to the grandmaster.

Rilessa had been waiting for this day for a long time. She had never met anyone out of her faction so of course this was exciting to her. She wasn't very powerful, but that didn't matter since her faction was peaceful. She wasn't quite sure when everyone was coming, so she waited patiently.

15. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Comalia decided she had been there long enough and took back to the air. She turned around to go back to her nation and relay what the area was like to Grandmaster Noivern. As she flew off, she noticed something moving on the ground, and hover in place to try and figure out what it was.

Comalia debated whether or not to land and confront them herself. On the one hand, it could be someone not looking for a fight, or maybe even just the wind blowing the ashes around. On the other hand, it might be someone following her back to her nation, which would be very dangerous to everyone there. She evnentually decided to land and check it out further, saying it would be safer for her kingdom if she confronted the may-be spy, even if it was nothing.

"Hello?" she said as she landed. "Is anyone there?"

16. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Being in the rear-guard did not bother Bethel one bit. She marched on in silence, Rola at her side as always, going over the words the queen spoke to her the day prior again and again.

"The impression we make upon Wigglytuff and the Normal clan is not to be taken lightly. It would appear we strive for the same goal, and we are not so far from kin as some others. We must make a proper showing of grace, for that sake. For this reason most of the Granbull squads will remain behind. However do not forget the times; no other Type can completely be trusted. The impression must also be of the strength of our defenses. It's balance we seek in the world and so too there must be a balance in our presentation. You three shall take the rear on the march and keep a close eye, and be on the alert. Avoid provocation of enemy Types if at all possible on the way"

"Three?"

"Oh, yes. Have you not heard? We've unearthed another Carbink, just a week ago, within a cave in our borders. It has been thoroughly interrogated with respect to the Rock clan, and I am satisfied with the responses. It will accompany you and Rola. One Carbink on either side, spearhead formation, the symbol of our graceful shield. It's been briefed on our policies, yet is still young."

Bethel cursed herself in her head, as she did every time she reached this part of her recollection. Why hadn't she raised her concern when she had the chance? It was on her lips, the dangers of taking such a young and new clan member to such an event, in such a role, but she had said nothing. Instead she had stood quiet in thought, weighing the pros and cons of daring to question the Queen, but before she knew it it was too late, and the Queen had continued on.

"The special properties of this one may be of use. Of the many things this is, part of it will be a show. I trust you and Rola will guide this new Carbink in our ways as we travel. Make preparations, we march soon. You are dismissed with my grace and gratitude"

A rustling off to her left shook her from her familiar contemplation. Bethel stopped and craned her neck in that direction, seeing nothing but leaves, no sparkle in sight. To her right, Rola sighed.

"Rola, did you see where it went?" she asked, but the dun Carbink just hovered up and down, the classic gesture of a shrug she came to know so well from her long time companion of few words. The forest rustling grew louder and they both halted and turned, the rest of the procession snaking away ahead of them. Rola hovered still, readying a Reflect, Bethel standing ready to Curse, eyes fixed on the moving branches. The sounds same closer, and she dug her four heels into the forest floor, ready to face the potential flank attack.

It happened very quickly and all she saw was a blinding light. Rola rushed forward as she felt the hit, but as her eyes readjusted she saw Rola still, hovering once more in a relaxed bob. Just ahead of Rola floated the young shiny Carbink.

"Bethel! Oh, oh I'm sorry so sor-"

"Why did you leave my side?" she interrupted, shaking off the bump and fixing her blue eyes on the shining floating rock in a frustrated glare.

"W-well I thought I saw that Flora go off and get separated and I wanted to make sure she didn't but then I couldn't find her and-"

"What did I tell you?"

"Well I just.."

"What did I tell you, Carbink?"

"To stay on your left at all times, as per direct order from the top but I thought.."

"You aren't in a position to act on thoughts here, you understand?" snapped Bethel as she stepped forward. The shiny Carbink hovered low, looking at the forest floor. Behind her she heard Rola sigh again. "We are the rearguard on the march and the symbol of the shield. We are to show balance and have balance. This is not the first time you've been told this."

"I-I..."

"Do not make me tell you again. Now come before we lag too far behind" Bethel turned and began to stride forward once more, but stopped after five steps. Again there was no shine on her left. She sighed and again turned. The shiny Carbink hadn't moved. Bethel felt her ears and ribbons grow hot with frustration. Rola, now stopped as well a little ahead produced an irritated grunt.

Don't lose your cool, don't lose your cool, this is too important.

"What now?" she said, trying her best to sound more patient than she felt.

"Well it's just...you keep calling me Carbink..you never asked my name once and-"

"I was not told your name by the Queen therefore deemed it unimportant" she snapped, part of her instantly regretting such unbecoming rudeness.

"Well it's Fino"

"What?"

"M-my name."

"Well Fino, the wait is over. We move now. Get into position."

Bethel turned and began to walk as she saw Fino move towards its position, Rola reliably already to her right keeping proper pace and distance with ease. She began to stride harder, though not quite a run, to catch up with the rest of the procession now on the brink of sight. She turned her head to Rola and shook it subtly. Rola hovering side to side in turn. Facing forward once more she realized that once again she could not see the shine where it was meant to be off to her left. She didn't stop this time.

"Keep up will you Fino? We've been marching damn long enough now for you to have caught onto how we'r-"

"Look I found berries! I think they're rawst! Or maybe not, what do you think Bethel? I hope they're rawst, they're so great!" Fino barreled forward in excitement ahead of Bethel, but fell back after one sharp blue-eyed look. There was a time when Bethel found the silence of traveling with Rola dull, but now she began to cherish that quiet more than anything. Nothing like an undisciplined chatterbox to put things into perspective.

"I think we march without further issue, on alert, at a quick pace to catch up, and quietly from this point on" Fino gazed down at the forest floor and said nothing, finally in its proper placement.

The shield of the Fairys continued on, the spearhead of the Sylveon flanked by Carbinks, and Bethel cursed herself silently once more.

Oh why didn't I protest this when I had the chance?

17. BiohazardSr

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Ilbis gave a happy look too the ampharos "I am the only one needed. I am here on a peaceful mission, and should I die then I will become a martyr for my people." He looked over at the Grandmaster, "I would love to travel with you. It is good to have company." And he flew with them, the surrounding air lowering in temperature

18. TripleAAABattery

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    "I suppose... it just seems like it'd be dangerous to travel alone anyways. You do seem like you can take care of yourself, but... never mind." Corona shook her head. "I guess you're here now, and that's what counts."

Damon overheard the Grandmaster allowing Ilbis to walk... or rather, fly with them. In fact, he noticed he was being surrounded by a shadow. When he looked up, the Volcarona was almost directly above him, which startled him a bit. Hearing how nice Ilbis was did relieve Damon of a bit of the stress in his head, but he was still keeping an eye on him.

"So I suppose we should keep moving, then?" Plaid suddenly yelled out to the electric-type forces, most of them agreeing before they kept marching.

As they continued, Damon had noticed the random conversations between the groups. The Electabuzz were 'debating' on who the fastest among them was. One of the Luxray were talking about how their son somehow chipped a tooth. Corona and Plaid were being rather casual, talking about the things they had done before the peace conference announcement. It's been quite a trip. Damon's flippers were getting somewhat tired. The Normal-type kindom shouldn't be too far from here, hopefully.

19. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Neroe walked through the halls of the compound, heading to the throne room of Grandmaster Zoroark. He had his eyes closed, yet maneuvered through the maze of hallways flawlessly by memory. He passed by the entrance to the cell block beneath him, filled with prisoners from other clans as well as traitors and criminals from his own clan, many of which he either helped in capturing or captured himself. Of course, they all recognized him and shouted whenever he drew near, but Neroe didn't care. He was deemed to "dangerous" and "unpredictable" to be one of the prison guards. The same reason he was kept in a nearly empty cell block whenever he was there.

Neroe arrived at the throne room and threw open the doors, walked to the throne, and bowed, saying "You called for me, Grandmaster Zoroark?"

20. shinygiratinaz

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Sehkmet breathed a sigh of relief when the yanma flew off. That was a possibly tense situation very nicely avoided. She picked up her pace a bit, trying to make up for the time she had already lost on this distr-

"Hello?"

Sehkmet gasped in surprise, attempting to whirl around and slipping in the ash to land hard on her back with her jaws splayed. She groaned, the noise covering up whatever the voice said next. She sat up, dusting herself off with a huff and seeing the ash all over her previously pink scarf. She gripped the worn material tightly, her eyes narrowing. She stood up fully to see the yanma had landed again near her, and she grit both of her jaws.

"Hey!" Sehkmet barked. "You made me dirty my favorite scarf!" She unwound it from herself, shaking it out as best she could despite the short length of her arms. "What's your deal, scaring me like that?" She froze, very suddenly remembering why she had wanted to avoid confronting the yanma in the first place. "You're not with the bug delegation, are you?" She asked cautiously, hugging her scarf and quickly glancing around to see if any more bug Pokémon were somehow hiding nearby.