1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

random noob 67 says hello!

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by random noob 67, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random noob 67

random noob 67 Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.5
    Hey there everyone, Im random noob 67 and I basically made this account because I recently made a wattpad and decided that unlike my previous failed attempts at public writing(three, to be exact) I was gonna gonna promote my works this time to try and get constructive criticism and whatnot.

Okay so a bit about me I guess...
    Im not really very sociable, mostly due to me having bipolar disorder, although good friends have brought me out of my shell for the most part. My only three hobbies are playing/discussing/watching Pokémon(mostly competitive, but ingame and Anime as well), coding(mostly Visual Basic since thats what Im familiar with, but Ive dabbled in HTML and Java as well, and plan to learn C++ one of these days), and reading/writing(pretty much most genres, though Im most comfortable with fantasy and thrillers).
    I dont have any siblings, though Im rarely without company thanks to my angel of a cat Salt(her mother was a black cat named Pepper, so you see the correlation >.<).
    My favourite generation of Pokémon is easily Generation 4, with my favourite game being Platinum. My favourite Pokémon is Infernape, and my favourite Competitive Pokémon is Bisharp.

Theres another reason for me making this account, although the wattpad thing is the main one. Like mentioned above, I have BD, so I need to keep myself distracted to prevent myself from going into a manic or depressive phase. Heres to hoping it works, and, who knows, this website could end up becoming my fourth hobby, fingers crossed. XD

I...think thats all? Welps, that was easier than I thought it would be XD
    And finally, the reason why I joined in the first place

<shameless plugging>
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/randomnoob67
    </shameless plugging>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Hey! I'm glad you joined us! I haven't had time yet, but i'm for sure going to check out some of the stuff on your wattpad! If you wanna talk to some people, you should join our discord! My favorite gen is also 4! I hope you stay around for a while!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    @[member="random noob 67"] it's great to have you here in the Lake!

I'm glad we have another coding enthusiast in our midst, as I was getting worried only @[member="Sanctuary"], @[member="Leviathan"], and I remained. It's cool that you know some Java, as that's the first programming language I formally learned :)

If you ever want a coding buddy, I'm always happy to oblige!

4. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    !!!!

I heard C languages being mentioned! Come to me, friend! I'll tell you stories of the three years I've spent trying to make stuff in C++ and C#, only to put it on the shelf in favour of Java, haha.

Jokes aside, welcome to the ol' lake! Enjoy your stay here!

5. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    AHHHHHH YESSSSS, MORE MEMBERS WHO CAN CODE, WOOHOO!
    ... -ahem- Pardon the outburst, I tend to get a little excited over these things. :sweat:

Welcome, random noob! If you weren't already sure, we're currently a Pokémon art forum (and art, of course, includes literature), so there's definitely a place for you to share your stories and then ask for C&C later.
    Sorry to hear about your Bipolar Disorder. :( Both my mother and grandmother have it as well (I used to live with my mom until I was almost 18, and now I've been living with my grandparents for a little over a year and a half), so I know what it's like living with those who have it and how badly it can affect them. It's very tough on them and the people around them (and that's an understatement), so I hope we can help distract your mind and maybe even more!

If you're ever in the mood to make some friends in a fairly quickly manner, you should join us on our Discord server! It's an instant chat site where most of us gather and talk about pretty much anything and everything.
    Other than that, I hope you have a great time here! If you ever need any help, don't hesitate to contact a staff member. See you around! ^_^

6. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Hey there Random, welcome to LV! I read some of your writing and you're really good wow. It's wonderful that you decided to join the forums. There are many others here, including myself, that also share some of your interests (we should totally battle sometime ;) ).

If you ever need any help with anything feel free to ask as well! Hope you enjoy your stay here and have a blast diving into the community! :)

7. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    @[member="random noob 67"] I saw you mentioned wanting criticism on some creative works. It's been a while since I've done it, but I might be able to find some time to give some decent feedback. I can at least cover some basics. I probably shouldn't do more than basics since it has been so long since I've written anything, myself, but we'll see what I can do with what you've got.

Also, I like your username. I'm reminded of Soldier 76 from Overwatch, but more silly and nonsensical, which is a funny mental image.

8. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Welcome to LV! I hope we can help keep some of your troubles at bay. I know BD can be rough, so if you need help or want to vent or anything, just shoot me a message. I hope you enjoy yourself here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.