1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

(Theory) Building Gyms in Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Apawn, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    [SIZE=14.6667px]This theory of mine is build upon when a long time back we had this Chinese Leaker who revealed the starters Final Evolutions among hinting some other things, most of which have been proven right later on. One of the things they did mention was (somewhat like) this:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"There are no gyms in Sun and Moon, but one of your goals is to actually build one."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]A bit later we got our hands on the map of Alola and after a month or so of having it, people started to notice black places that looked like you could build houses at (Or like many people thought, Secret bases; I've only seen two, I think there is one on each Island though).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Then more recently we found out that the Alola League is being built as you play the game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]So I threw all these together and came up with that you may be able to build a Gym in SM. I think it could work in one of any of these ways:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]The League will only have 4 Gyms[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]The League will have 8 like normal[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]4 Gyms will be run by NPCs and the Other 4 you can build[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Among this, I think like Secret Bases, with (QR or normal) codes, you can use Gyms of your friends in your game as well. Which I honestly think would be very chill and I'd be curious of the limitations (As well if you could gain XP/"Chancy Base"; I'd have a Ghost-type Gym :P).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]As always, I love to see/hear your guys thoughts down below in discussion, @Apawn[/SIZE]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    That's an interesting theory and sounds plausible to me, though my thoughts were always that this endeavor merely begins in Sun and Moon (with your assistance at parts through the story and as some post game things to do) and that this will be the second Pokémon generation to have sequel games taking place a year or two later (or a single sequel in the form of a later third game called something like Eclipse version) where the league is completed and Alola has changed a bit, with the ability to transfer your Sun/Moon character data and the data of a team of six to act as that game's Champion at the end.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...