1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

AmourShipping- Ash x Serena

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cadbberry, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    So XYZ Anime is coming to a close in Japan, there has been a bit of a spoiler, though Serena has directly mentioned it before. She has had a crush on Ash since they were children. It was her motivation to become a Pokémon trainer, so she could meet Ash again. Well this is where I will put the spoilers in a spoiler tab so you can avoid them
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

this implies a kiss between the two, which is Ash's first kiss from his companion as a parting gift

Their shipping has been sprinkled through out the anime and there was even an episode which translated from Japanese is roughly "Ash and Serena's First Date! The Vow Tree and the Present!!" So it is more implied the writers had more push to make these two a couple in a way. Much more then the others for a mutual liking or a shared romance between the two main cast, as none has ever had such an (arguably) close relationship. Though it suffered from the issue the game had which was that the romance took too long, it lost its real grip on people.
    Over all, how do you all feel about this ending for their story and how this ship has come to be?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Honestly I never thought it was going to happen but the shippers won and I as a fan am happy about that. Ash and Serena were my favorite companionship in the anime and I wish she stayed with Ash.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry likes this.
  3. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I think it was the healthiest relationship since Dawn. She was imo one of the best companions, though Serena now ranks up as number two and has for sure made me think it was the best romance in the Pokémon anime, though a bit more Harmen then the common Tsundre from this show, I think it would have been better to involve the romance more or get the two closer. Like I mentioned it does have a spacing issue between this relationship and the plot in general so that hurts.

4. TheBlazingInfernape

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    As much as I wanted it to happen sooner, I think the ending kiss was one of the best "OH MY GOD" moments in the anime. MFW Ash got a kiss before I did. X_X

5. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    We can assume it was on the lip by the way the bodies face though he has gotten many kisses on the cheek and then there was that Latias/Bianca in Pokémon Heros that kissed him.

6. TheBlazingInfernape

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Yeah... but everyone wanted this one to happen. Also I love Pikachu's, Clemont's and Bonnie's reaction as soon as it happened. That was priceless.

7. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I squealed when that scene happened!! :love: I really love the amourshipping and I had a bad feeling that they were going to part without Serena telling Ash how she feels about him... And then, this happened... I felt so happy that Serena reveals her feelings for Ash and Ash smiled at it! X3 Celemot, Pikachu, and Bonnie's faces were priceless

8. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I didn't actually see the scene, I just saw it on serebii (my dad does not like me watching the anime any more). I think the Serena and Ash shipping is the best natural relationship to form from the anime. I hope they keep I'm touch in this new anime though i doubt it as they don't really seen to bring back old companions for long if at all.

9. Cereza13

PokéPoints:
    ₽98.6
    Personally I kinda hoped for Misty and Ash but thats been dead for a while :( but at least he got a companion kiss, more then I can say for Doctor Who

10. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I enjoyed Misty and Ash's relationship but it missed the romance, Misty was just a bit too Tsundere toward him imo

11. Cereza13

PokéPoints:
    ₽98.6
    Whats Tsundere? And yea... Maybe if she was kept as his companion for a few ens then maybe more of a connection couldve developed since they were still pretty young in the origional series, honestly wouldve seemed a little odd at Ash's age. I assume Misty is a little older due to her being a gym then again I've been wrong before

12. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Tsundere is a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing a warmer side over time. Misty stayed far too tsundere the entire travel to be able to show a better bond. She was also 10 but still they were not seeming to be romantic unless you really hunted for it, like the love song in the Christmas album. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnyiheB8s4s iirc

Cereza13 likes this.
  13. Cereza13

PokéPoints:
    ₽98.6
    Now that I really think about it, Serena probably would be the better match for ash. Though I cant really see them being together for very long, I doubt Ash would know much about relationships, and if it were Misty with him she'd probably get upset and be more hostile towards him

14. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    It is just weird to think of this plucky 10-year-old with a girlfriend but what I am most interested in seeing is a growth. Him growing up a little or maturing for the next region.

15. Cereza13

PokéPoints:
    ₽98.6
    Maybe the school will help him with that XD

16. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    There was a screen shot leaked that had Serena in Alola so maybe she will be around :P

Cereza13 likes this.
  17. Cereza13

PokéPoints:
    ₽98.6
    Will the Romance finally begin? Find out in the next installment of Pokémon: Romacing in Alola <3

18. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    A thread for Amourshipping! Post Amour theories, head canons, and more!

idea totally wasn't taken from mcoury's negaishipping thread

19. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    perhaps a silly question, but what is amourshipping?

20. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Should have said that in the first post.

From Bulbapeidia

"AmourShipping (Japanese: サトセレ SatoSere) is the belief that Serena and Ash belong in a romantic relationship"