Background Changer

Background Style & Options

Background Image Rotator

Create a list of background images to use and a random one from the list will be used each time you refresh or go to a different page!

Color Scheme Changer

Width Changer

Minimum allowed width is 960px, default width is 87%.
Welcome to our site, Guest!
If you're new, why not join us? If not, click here to sign in.

Photo

What are Event Points?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,335 posts

User's Awards

Every so often at Lake Valor, we have special months throughout the year (usually February, June, October, November, and December) where we hold a bunch of events for members all across the forums to partake in. All of the events give out medals to the participants, as well as Event Points for people based on how well they place.

But what are Event Points, you may ask? Good question.

Event Points are, predictably, points you get for participating in events. On their own they don't have much value, but they increase in value the more you manage to accrue.

At the end of each event cycle (that is, when all the events for a month end, and prizes are distributed), all the members who participated in any of the events have all of their Event Points tallied up, and lumped together. Then, those members are sorted based on how many Event Points each of them earned.

The person who earned the most Event Points in a single event cycle gains 150 PokéPoints.
The person who earned the 2nd most Event Points in that cycle gains 100 PokéPoints.
The person who earned the 3rd most Event Points in that cycle gains 50 PokéPoints.

Regardless, any member who has any Event Points at all receives 3 PokéPoints per Event Point. This is in addition to the extra PokéPoints given out to first/second/third.
(For example, if you get 10 Event Points in an event cycle, and that was the most out of anybody, you'll get 180 PokéPoints - 3 times 10 for having 10 Event Points, plus 150 for having the most.)

Extra prizes (like adoptables) may be given out as well, depending on the cycle and/or event, though that is up to the event host's discretion.

Event Points are only good for the cycle they appear in, but there will always be a varied handful of events available during those cycles, so there are plenty of opportunities to grab more.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact any staff member for more information.

Thanks for reading, and we hope you get the most out of celebratory Events here at Lake Valor!

My name is Eclipse. When the world is at its darkest, I shall appear.
I am currently a moderator for all sections in the Site and General categories.

Do you have any questions for me? Or about Lake Valor? Or about math? Or just want to chat?
Drop me a line on my wall or in my inbox - I'll assist you in any way I can!

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users