1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Registering Key Items

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Megarai111, Nov 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Throughout Pokémon, there has been the option to register one (or multiple) (key) Items for quick access by pressing the Y button. Up to DPP, this was only one item, but when HGSS came around, this number started to grow: you could register two items in those games, a nearly unlimited list accessible through a menu in BWB2W2 and four in the Generation IV games.

What item do you usually register? What do you think of the whole system? Which game's registering system do you like best?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    In ORAS there is always four items on my D-Pad. Super Rod, Eon Flute and both bikes. In X and Y I registered the Bike, Poke Radar, Fishing Rod and I think the Item Finder. This system was always a great function and I love it to death. I hate having to keep going back and forth into the bag for a fishing rod or the bike. That being said ORAS and XY's Item registering system is the best because there were four key items as opposed to one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I register the bike, eon flute, fishing rod, and the town map. I think BW did it best with the list of items for ease of people but for sleek and clean look I think the ORAS/XY.

4. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    The Bike. I've only ever registered one item even when I have four because I think one is just alright for me.

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have both bikes, the Eon Flute and the Exp. Share registered on ORAS. I don't know why the Exp. Share, maybe because I like to be slightly in control and get everyone on the same level and easy access to the Exp. Share gives that.

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I usually just stick to the bike and fishing rod. I don't seem to use the Dowsing Machine as much as most people so I don't have that one registered. Pretty nice that in Sun/Moon you no longer have a need (or even the ability) to register key items.

7. Pbear

Pbear Space Polar Bear

PokéPoints:
    ₽43.8
    in almost every game i equipped the bike

GOTTA GO FA- oh...wrong game >->

8. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Gen VI did it best in my opinion. While Gen V technically was the most versatile with the list it was kind of unnecessary since there really aren't more than four that were worth registering for frequent easy access in the first place. Gen VI streamlined it perfectly.

In Y I only ever registered a rod, the bike and dowsing machine and felt no need for the fourth slot. In Omega Ruby, the typical utility ones being the Eon Flute, rod and both bikes, nothing else was used frequently enough to warrant registering. Before getting both bikes I just had three like with Y.