1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite lines from video games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Strytho, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    We all have those lines that stay with us because they are our favorite lines! They can be funny, sad, even meaningful.

What are your favorite lines from your favorite video games? I'm curious to know!

Mine are the following:

"I'll protect you, count on it!" Geo Stellar, megaman starforce

This line just sounded so cool to me and was powerful because it showed Geo's willingness and readiness to protect his friends. It even got reflected in a minor part of the game!

"I don't need a reason to help people!" Grey, chosen one for model A, megaman zx advent

This one always stuck with me because it was just something that resonated with me due to how true it is to me. I don't need to gain something or have some ulterior motive just to help someone. I can help you for no reason at all because that's the way I am. C'mon guys, if you know me then you just HAD to have seen this one coming! ;)

"I wouldn't be a demolitionist if I coudn't blow open a door!" Chen? from star trek elite force!

This one always made me laugh and I still remember it to this day. Your character tell him good job after he blows open a locked door and this is his response, classic!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Krieg

Krieg Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.2
    "Do you sleep still? Wait! Do not be hasty, boy... I can see this girl's dreams... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans as far as the eye can see. They are vast seas... None can swim across them... They yield no fish to catch... What did the King of Hyrule say? ...That the gods sealed Hyrule away? And they left behind people who would one day awaken Hyrule?! How ridiculous... So many pathetic creatures, scattered across a handful of islands, drifting on this sea like fallen leaves on a forgotten pool... What can they possibly hope to achieve? Don't you see? All of you... Your gods destroyed you! I have been waiting for you, boy. For one like you... Yes... For the hero. Do not betray my expectations"- Ganondorf, Wind Waker

Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. And who knows: Starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun. There are many worlds, but they share the same sky -- One sky, one destiny. - Kairi, KHII

Plus like every PA Announcement from Sonic: Colors.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have so many, if I could just remember
    [​IMG]

5. Zether-man

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.9
    Recently replayed No More Heroes 2 so these are fresh in my mind.

"Promise me you won't forget... There once was an assassin named Alice." - Alice Twilight, No More Heroes 2

"See that? Now THAT was a battle! LOOK AT THIS BLOOD? We humans are alive, even if we are assassins! It doesn't matter if its a videogame, movie, drama, anime, manga! WE'RE ALIVE! PEOPLE SHED BLOOD AND DIE. THIS ISN'T A GAME! You can't just selfishly use DEATH as your tool! This...is ALICE'S BLOOD! I bet you already forgot she existed!" - Travis Touchdown, No More Heroes 2

Persona's "I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come..." is a nice one.

6. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    "Heroes never die" and the classic "You better have BURN HEAL" are the ones that come to mind. There were so many badass lines in FE Awakening too. "Your end has come", "Pick a god and pray" and "Step aside" are some the most epic.

7. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    One of my favorite lines comes from Ace Attorney 6: Spirit of Justice. The final case of that game so was good and full of moments both happy and sad. A certain father gave this advice to a young lawyer, and I just love it.

"A dragon never yields. Even when wounded, a dragon bites down hard, and never lets go till its dying breath. It glares, it roars, and it latches its jaws firmly onto its prey till the bitter end. That's what lawyers do to get to the truth!"

8. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Everytime someone calls Grey "defective" in Megaman ZX Advent sticks out to me. It just struck me for some reason

"If That dragon couldn't defeat me then what cahnce do you have?" or something like that is what Raguna said at the end of Rune factory 1. The fact that he was BLUFFING is what made it so awesome.

Any of the qoutes you get from overclicking units in starcraft are awesome too.

9. ShockingPsychicTyphoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.2
    Poké Ball ★
    A few of mine follow:

"Get out." -Gladion

"I'm on fire, but this witch doesn't burn." - Mercy from Overwatch

"Tanooki!" - Mario from Mario Kart 8 ( I shout it a lot... )

I have many more but those are the ones off the top of my head lol

10. masterofmalor

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.6
    "You're on my naughty list" Reinhardt "Caliente Papi" Wilhelm: Overwatch

"Y'all are stupid" Guzma: Pokémon Sun&Moon

"Kept ya waiting, huh?" Snake :Metal Gear Solid

"No... No, I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU" Pit: Kid Icarus Uprising.

11. MetaKnightmareUltra

PokéPoints:
    ₽147.6
    Mine are:

"Futile. Futile. FUTILE!!!" -Mad Dummy: Undertale

"Hello? Hello?" -Phone Guy: Fnaf 1

"Savages! Savages! you're all wild savages!"- President Haltmann: Kirby: Planet Robobot

"Cheers, Love! The cavalry's here!" -Tracer: Overwatch

"My skirt got a bit wet..." -Lillie: Pokémon Sun and Moon ;)

"Wiley ran off with Gamma!" -Dr. Light: Mega Man 3

"NYAAAAAAH!!" -Undyne: Undertale

12. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    "Now announcing current casualities. Presently... there are... none. Please continue enjoying... The Decision Game." "Ha. Enjoy, my ass." Junpei Zero Time Dilemma

Just because this little bit made me laugh really hard.

"Must... Fight... Emo... Urges." Neku Sakuraba The World Ends With You

"Give up on yourself and you give up on the world." Joshua The World Ends With You

I just love this quote so much for some reason. It just touches me somewhere and I have no idea why.

"Take that.... Wall!" Pit Kid Icarus Uprising

"Floor ice cream gives me health!" Pit Kid Icarus Uprising

"You have three orders: Don't die. If your number's up, get out. Lastly, hide. If you're lucky catch the enemy off guard and blast it. Wait, is that 4?" Lindow Amamiya God Eater Burst/Resurrection

"It's Reyn Time!" Xenoblade Chronicles

"*After being eaten* Well at least we're still together.. right?" Aeron Pandora's Tower

13. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I'll try to remember some of mine~ Most of these are a bit spoilery, so...

"Don't run away! Don't run away from living! That's an order!" Protagonist of God Eater Burst/Resurrection. My favorite delivery is from Sam Riegel. I think he was voice 4 in Burst. They really chose the best times to whip out the old sudden voice acting.

"In every battle that mattered in my life, I've always been the one left standing, no matter how slim my chances." Ike, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. And then he follows it with, "Then we will fight... and we will save our people. Make peace with whatever the gods worship. The end is near."

"This isn't easy. Dagran, don't make me do it! I want to save you! But, if you want to destroy everything we worked for... You are my enemy!" Zael, The Last Story.

"Favored by the world my ass... I'm just going to say it flat out. You're just a worthless criminal!" Yosuke "The Brosuke" Hanamura, Persona 4.

"BURN IN HELL!" Junpei Iori, Persona 3. It's more of the situation surrounding the quote actually.

A few from Rune Factory 4~
    "You weren't even defeated by an Earthmate. You were defeated by an ordinary human." Lest/Frey

"I handed my heart over to others. To many others. I gave them my thoughts and my passions. To ordinary humans." Ventuswill

"I knew it! I'm no longer... human... This is the proof... Look at this! Earthmate!! I'm going back to the forest as a god! Admit it, Earthmate! My existence... My dignity... I am... a dying... god! Admit it! Admit it, EARTHMAAAAAATE! ...Admit...it..." Ethelbert

And that's all I can remember at the moment. What can I say, a lot of my favorite quotes are the Final Boss variety.

Kuroshi Heki likes this.
  14. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    Pretty much any lines from Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure two are lit af. Here are some in particular though from various games of the Sonic series

"Faker? Ha! I think you're the fake hedgehog around here"-Shadow
    "Maria"-Shadow
    "You're mine"-Amy to Sonic

i'm a huge sonic nerd if you couldn't tell. pls talk to me about Sonic, i could talk about it for hours

15. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    "Now how did I miss this big red button with a skull on it?"

Tygus Finley in the Odin during the mission on Valhalla, stsrcraft 2 wings of liberty

Jim Raynor: We all have our choices
    Tygus Finley: *bleep* shame

Just some of my favorite quotes from stsrcraft 2 wings of liberty

16. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith Animation Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽391.1
    The Guardian from Warcraft 3:

The Guardian: Turn away... before it's... too late.
    Arthas: Still trying to protect the sword, are you?
    The Guardian: No... trying to protect you... from it.

(The Guardian is just like our conscience at times before a life-changing decision or commitment)

Fujin from Final Fantasy 8:

POSSE... We are. We always will be. Because we're a posse, we want to help you. Whatever it takes to fulfill your dream, we're willing to do. But... You're being manipulated, Seifer. You've lost yourself and your dream. You're just eating out of someone's hand. We want the old you back! Since we can't get through to you, all we have now to rely on is Squall! It's sad... Sad that we only have Squall to rely on... Seifer! Are you still gonna keep goin'?

(Wisest words ever said from a character that never spoke complete sentences until now)

Enric from Die by the Sword:

"It's our wits that separate us from the beasts."

Garrett from Thief 2: The Metal Age:

"Some people in this city are too rich for their own good. Luckily, they have me to give them a hand."

Garrett from Thief: The Dark Project:

"I've never robbed a god before."

Necromancer from Diablo 2:

"Baal...never doubt my skills."
    "Diablo...I have bested you."
    "Too many empty graves"
    "Ahh...the slow torture of caged starvation"

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Mmmm, that line was great. Gave me chills of anticipation for what was going to happen after that.

Here are some of my favourites that come to mind, in no particular order (and whether or not I remember them too, which is also difficult):

"Did somebody just page the king of awesome?" - Bowser (Bowser's Inside Story)

"No more games." - The Fafnir Knight (Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold)

"What an adorable sneeze!" - Arianna (Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold). Actually, most things Arianna says, honestly.

"No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me!" - Sonic (Sonic Colours)

"Looks like the arms are still attached. That's a good start. The legs are working fine too. Yup! You're fine!" - narration near the start of Golden Sun: The Lost Age where you check yourself for injuries

The entire exchange from when Echo the Venus Djinn tries to join your party (in Golden Sun: The Lost Age), but you keep refusing him.

"I believe the phrase is...you fail." - Miles Edgeworth

If anything in Dragon Quest IX is going to talk about Slimes or inns, it will fire off a pun every 3 seconds, guaranteed.

"I just go 'Zoom!' and it goes 'Whoosh!' and 'Bam!' and the enemies are like 'Noooooo!' and I'm all 'Hahaha!' " - Arthur (Etrian Odyssey Untold)

"It makes me want to... NAP! ON! YOU! <3" - Bedsmith (M&L Dream Team)

::::

That's all for now; if I remember any more; I'll go edit them in.