1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Return of the Strange Souvenir

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by ShiroLugia, Nov 21, 2016.

1. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I'm sure you guys remember the odd hassle it was to obtain this item that aluded to Alola back in Kalos, but what exactly IS this item? What was it's purpose in X/Y, only to hint at the new region? What purpose will it serve now that we have it in its native land? I haven't completed the game yet so I hope I find out later, for now I have some expectations!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have two right now, one man gives it to you and I bought one, I hope it makes it easier to catch the tapus.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    This is very easy. They are souvenirs that are not normal. So they are strange. Very simple! very easy. Used for memories.
    I haven't got one yet, but if they're a key item, I imagine it's for an event. If not, maybe an alternate form for one of the Tapu Pokémon (to be released through an update maybe)?

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    They are normal items, but they may still be a normal holding item, like the orbs for certain legends.

5. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    When I saw one for sale I was like "Ohhhh yeah! I remember this." and instantly bought it. Hopefully it ends up doing something.

6. Peerman

Peerman Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.9
    I think it's for an event, or mayby it's for the tapu's

7. ShiroLugia

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I'm getting the same notion, maybe that Marshadow Pokémon coming up even?
    If not would it unlock new Tapu forms or something??

8. Peerman

Peerman Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.9
    O yeah, have not even thought about Marshadow XD that could also be the case

9. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I realy have no idea... I bought four of them at a 50% discount in that one mega store near the Battle Royale facility. I figured they have something to do with the Tapus (maybe having them hold them triggers something?), so I bought a bunch just in case.
    I didn't even know they also existed in X/Y lol oops

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I bought it early in the game thinking it would have to be something I needed in order to battle the Tapus. Afterwards though, it doesn't seem like it has a purpose and is just a filler item like the pretty wing introduced in B/W. "Though this feather is beautiful, it's just a regular feather and has no effect on Pokémon."

#10 Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  11. ShiroLugia

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    @[member="❀Bloom❀"] That could very well be the case, but the fact it has an alolan air about it and was such a hassle to receive in X/Y speaks something different to me. I think it's something for an event Pokémon that will be revealed later! Otherwise, Gamefreak whatchu doin

12. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    It did...FREAKING NOTHING.
    I mean, I bought one, and every time some tapu or UW showed up, I was like 'Yes! Strange Souvenir time!'
    IT.
    NEVER.
    HAPPENED.
    Goddamn WASTED POTENTIAL! I mean, Unown was bad enough, but this?! NO. Just...no.
    I'm really kind of raging over here.
    *Gira used Rage! It hurt itself in it's confusion!*
    *Gira fainted!*
    #MissingNo

13. ChaoticLupa

Shadow
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽90.7
    What if its for some special event thats coming soon?

14. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    ​There is no confirmed anything that this Strange Souvenir will do. It is completely useless. The most I could find is to put it on a Pokémon with Item Swap or Fling to get rid of it in a battle.

15. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Yeah, its possible that the Strange Souvenir is based off of the Tapu Statues (the statue thingies right at the altar thing in the ruins), but I'm not sure what it's for its useless, at least for now. Maybe its for an event, or maybe players with the Souvenir could get some special bonus or Pokémon.

16. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure that it was just originally used to tease the new games. Having it return is strange however. Maybe it will be used to do something with the tapus

17. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    It might be similar to the members card in platinum to get Darkrai, maybe it'll unlock a new area that'll let the player encounter Marshadow or another legendary released or unreleased

18. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    So far it is a useless thing that is taking up space in my Bag. I wonder if it really has a purpose or Game freak is trolling.

19. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I think it was just an easter egg. I didn't do anything or unlock anything, and you can buy as many as you want. I guess it was just a nod toward the man in X and Y who gives you one.

20. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    This item screams marshal ow to me for some reason but other than that I have no idea what it could be for