1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Register Items Gone

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Cadbberry, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    How do you feel about there no longer being registered items as they are taken by the rideable Pokémon. I mean they thought of a way so you can still use them but it is weird to no longer have them on call, like the fishing rod.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Found it weird for a very short time but hey it works, and the rideable Pokémon are an awesome feature and worthy replacement, no more HM slaves, hooray. However I really hope that some of the HM moves like Surf and Waterfall for example still exist as TMs or learnable in some other way because they are pretty solid and fun moves to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    There's no real items that NEED to be quick equips. Sure, if they did have the bicycle, we'd riot, but most functions you'd want to be able to easily access are covered by Poke Ride. Say what you will about Soaring, but having a dedicated teleportation button is the best thing ever.

All I have equipped in ORAS are the Bicycles (Tauros), the Eon Flute (Charizard) and the Dowsing Machine (Stoutland).

4. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I think it's all good because of the Ride Pokémon. The fishing rod isn't a problem since we can just press A to use it now.

5. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I gotta agree with Dusty, the game offered so many new mechanics that, registered items honestly aren't needed anymore. I love that this game provides most everything they know we often register as key items tbh

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I thought it was a really nice improvement. Ride Pokémon are way more convenient and so cute! Well, not all of them, but you get it. It adds a nicer element to the game. Also, how did we fit a bike in our bag in the first place??

JadeFox likes this.
  7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I don't mind not having registered items. It saves me from accidently turning on the Exp share when training, no longer accidently soaring off to god who knows where and having to hike back to my training spot. I like the ride pager to take care of all my needs.

8. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I feel it was a serious mistake to remove the ability to register key items. I know they had to find a way to trigger the rideable Pokémon feature, but I liked being able to register certain key items to an arrow on the d-pad (such as the fishing rod, EXP share, and Dowsing Machine). Talk about a major step backwards when it comes to functionality!

9. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    It messed me up originally, but I got over it in a few days.

10. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I have mixed feeling. I did without it for so long that it isn't the worst thing to me, however it makes it harder going back and forth between gens because that is something that I do ALOT so yeah that can make things confusing. That and the fact that it was such a great feature, not having to go to your bag every time you want to use something.

11. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I didn't mind it that much. Besides most of the key items that most people registered are replaced with pokeride

12. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I'm fine with them being gone since fishing is just an easy click of the A button near a designated spot and Tauros essentially replaces the need of a bike, while the other ride Pokémon do their part and replace HMs and the like with a few buttons. You can move and organize items in your bag if you want them to have priority if needed, so I don't feel like much was lost and that it's easy to adapt to the changes after a while.

13. ShockingPsychicTyphoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.2
    Poké Ball ★
    I'm divided with the items being gone. The fishing bit to me is ridiculous, but I love the quick options for rides!

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I miss the Dowsing Machine the most. I've found myself never using Stoutland, just doesn't feel the same or as convenient. Probably so many items around Alola that I've missed. :')

15. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    for it stays weird, some things I was used to
    but I do miss the bike and the roller skates. as I always have nejoyed them.
    and that it isn't possible to fish on a random spot, now it needs to be only at the rocks

Arc1Dragon likes this.
  16. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I really miss those items. The Stoutland "Dowsing Machine" is just a joke and clunky to use. And HMs, too. What if I want to fly on my own Pokémon and not the most overrated Pokémon ever? What if I want to surf on my own Pokémon and not a Sharpedo that could seriously kill me?

AND THAT RIDING SUIT IT'S SO BAD UGHHHH

17. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Honestly, it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. With the obvious exception of the fishing rod, Pokeride makes everything just as good or even better in function. Also, Pokeride is slightly easier to access and eliminates the need for HM slaves. Surf, you will always be remembered with love. The rest of you HM's can rot in my Pokémon X version forever.

18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The only item I ever registered was that digging kit from Pearl and the bikes and Eon Flute in Alpha Sapphire, so I can't say I miss the feature too much.

19. Drew Blackstone

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Wow. I legit didn't notice. Needless to say, it doesn't really bother me.

20. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I miss them, though this is more of a fishing rod problem, because the fact you can't fish anywhere you want really bugs me......