1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Poké Pelago

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Ryan, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    The Poké Pelago, in my opinion, is a fantastic addition to the game. It's a little area that gives your boxed Pokémon more life. Instead of being turned into data and stored for eternity in a computer, they're not let loose to explore the Poké Pelago! It's also a great source of Pokébeans.

I'm a huge fan of the new "bean" items, so I've mainly been using and upgrading the main island. What's your favorite part of the Poké Pelago?

2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I really like it and really like the beans over pokepuffs, an all natural item for them, seems healthier XD I also like to see them running around though the man is always trying to get me to take them back in my party. I dont like to be guilt tripped like that random guy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I can be pretty spiteful. So, any time he says, "Oh, looks like ___ wants to go on an adventure with you!", something deep within me decides that Pokémon is never leaving the box.

4. Zether-man

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.9
    I like it when random wild Pokémon just rock up and hang out. Also it's super annoying trying to tap beans when I have so many random Pokémon on the screen at once, maybe that's just me tho, probably need more islands.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    What's helped for me is just clicking a bean and dragging my stylus around the screen. You don't have to actually tap them, as long as you pass over them with the stylus, dragging works just fine. :)

6. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I absolutely love the Poké Pelago! It helps you a lot on obtaining the Poké beans and obtaining evolution stones. It also helps you train your Pokémon in your pc when you are trying to train the six in your party.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I love the Palego, is a good addition to the game I'm currently using it to EV train my Solgaleo while I continue filling my pokédex. I also enjoy sending my Pokémon out on treasure hunts atm I mainly send them out to hunt for stones so I can get those evolution stones you can't buy like the Ice Stone.

8. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I've been playing through Moon incredibly slow. I'm on the second island I'm p sure. Long school days keep me from being able to enjoy my hobbies, unfortunately :|

Anyways, I'm still figuring Poke Pelago out! I've yet to update my items or anything, but I'm loving collecting the beans. They help with Pokémon befriending so much-- One of my favorite things about SuMo is how quickly you can befriend Pokémon! But yes Poke Pelago, it's cool. I like that it basically encourages you to catch Pokémon so that you can upgrade the facilities.

9. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    After spending some time there and upgrading things enough to have an opinion to reply with here, I love it. The level up island is great for basic EV growth (complicated spreads don't work out so well and would require regular checking) and I'm fond of that, it's probably my favorite besides the treasure hunting one and makes me feel way better about my least favorite thing about this gen and my only real complaint, which was the loss of Super Training. But besides the utility I actually just really like seeing my boxed Pokémon out and about and doing things. While I have some knowledge of competitive aspects and team building/moveset concepts of the game, overall if I was to be classified I would be classified as a casual player, I enjoy most the experience of meeting new Pokémon, filling the dex and playing the games like I would other RPGs, saving real concentration on the technical stuff for post game. I love how you can click and see the summaries of the random Pokémon just hanging out and the comments that Mohn gives sometimes, like "I see such and such Pokémon playing together, looks like they're getting close!", things like that. Little details that add to the Pokémon experience for someone like me who tries to play the game for the overall experience of the thing. It's a great addition.

10. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    The treasure hunting island is great for building up a stock for my Evolution stones, but somehow I never get a Dusk Stone... And I love to see my Pokémon roaming around living outside of the box.

11. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Poke Pelago is a great addition, possibly even a bit overdue. It's nice to see your Pokémon get out and do stuff instead of just sitting around in what some people would call 'PC Hell'. I often use it for Shard hunting in the caves for Bottle Caps or seeing if I can get lucky enough to find Gold Bottle Caps in the rare treasures area. It's also convenient to EV train whilst you pay attention to other things... like the Battle Tree, where I STILL struggle to get to Battle 40, let alone Battle 50 to get the last style I need and unlock a new battle theme :/

But yeah, it's great lol

12. engineering class

froze
    (Alolan Sandshrew)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.5
    I think it's cool that there's a chance that wild Pokémon can appear, and for the most part they seem to be pretty high-leveled, which is nice for completing the dex : ). The islets I find the best are Level up and the exploration one. It's just super handy that Pokémon that aren't in your party can gain levels AND contribute to your inventory with cool items. I was literally blown away when I saw that my PC mons found a Gold Bottle Cap! Overall it's an awesome and vast addition to the game, and I hope people didn't just push it to the side, and categorize it as some extra side-filler.

Arc1Dragon likes this.