1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Little Things

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Dusty, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Sun and Moon have some nice little details that I've come to appreciate. They don't really affect the gameplay, but they're just cool to see. Three that come to mind for me during the time I've played so far are:

-Opponent trainers will toss out various kinds of Pokeballs. In previous games they always tossed out regular Pokeballs, no matter the trainer or Pokémon within (that I can recall, anyway) while you the player will use all kinds of balls in your adventure. This time we see trainers throwing out Great Balls, Ultra Balls, Nest Balls, all sorts, showing that not just you are making use of the balls better than the regular ones.

-The 3D sprites on the monitor when you heal at a Pokémon Center. They could have easily used the simple box/menu sprites again, but they gave us an updated display when we heal our teams. It's really well done.

-If you tap B to make yourself stutter-run like a fool, your character will actually stumble after a few steps. It's just an amusing little addition they didn't have to do and I get a kick out of it. If you didn't know about this before, try it! You can make your character into a clumsy ass as he or she runs around towns and routes.

What are some little extra details that you've noticed and enjoyed?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Rafael likes this.
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I love the tiny relationships between characters, the way they will call each other nicknames or just call out a quirk we as a game player would have been watching and was not at all plot oriented.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cilan

Cilan Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽128.9
    Spinning around in circles will end up making you do pirouettes. As a person who does spinning often in games, I'm glad it leads up to something. I haven't been able to actually do it yet, I only found out about from Achievement Hunter's LW of it.

4. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    My fav little things:

*Trainers with different Pokeballs
    *Battlefield without the circle pads for Pokémon to be on/ Trainers on the Field
    *Easier Pokémon Anime (That can heal Status Conditions)

That's all so far

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Holding down B and circling the Circle Pad while riding Sharpedo let's you do high speed donuts.

If you get too close to a cliff edge your character will stumble before regaining their balance.

6. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Found another cool little thing while messing around wasting time backtracking for stuff instead of progressing. I'll spoiler the actual thing just in case you want to be surprised for yourself cause it's fun:

The first time you go back to your house after being away for a while (doesn't require post-game or anything though and could possibly be triggered right away after starting the game, don't know) and lay down on your bed
    the screen goes dark and then a little first-person view cutscene happens where Meowth comes to the bedside and meows a few times to wake you up, and gives you an Awakening item.

I love little things like that.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I enjoy the fact that punk girls and guys look alike to Team Skull. I got so confused the first time I saw them :D

8. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    One of my favorite details about Sun and Moon are some of the NPC dialogue. A lot is just random facts that may or may not be helpful, but there are a few gems in there.

Two of my favorite examples are from a Gentleman and a Pikachu outside the Hano Grand Resort. I will spoiler it, in case you didn't find this yet and want to discover from yourself

Gentleman: Master Chuuster... This is your first vacation in three years! Please forget you are a famous star, and just enjoy being a regular Pikachu for once!
    If you talk to the Pikachu, he will say "Pika? Shoo shoo."
    A famous super-star Pikachu shoos you away.
    I find it adorable.

9. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Huh... actually a similar event can also happen in Hapu's house, if I'm not mistaken. If you get on her bed, your character will sleep then an Alolan Meowth will come up to you and scratch your face and give you an awakening :sweat:

10. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    The thing that caught me first was the surprise of seeing not only that the Pokémon in towns etc, are correct size/height (such as machamp being taller than a meowth) but also the shock of them reacting to your player's presence by turning to face them as you go by. This I also happened to discover with a machamp so that's why I freaked out so much haha

11. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    When you sit down on beds you get a description about the bed.
    Its the couch Lillie used to sleep on

12. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Huh neat. Will check that out next time I feel like playing.

Yeah, the proper scaling this time around is great, feels more like a living Pokémon world this way.

13. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Just a little something I found out recently: after a certain point in the game, if you go back to Hau'oli City's town hall, talk to the old lady at the counter. You will trigger a short cutscene that involves a certain Delibird who will give you a Shell Bell.

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I only just found out about this recently too! It's so dang cute. :')

15. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    There's an insane amount of little cutscenes you can stumble across after certain points in your game. For example, once you get the last ride Pokémon, go back to Hau'oli Cemetery. There's a cutscene that I'll talk about in spoilers that I really did not expect, but found both heartwarming and heartbreaking. In fact, Sun and Moon have seemed willing to push the boundaries a lot farther than their predecessors, both story-wise and in little side meetings. I really appreciate that, and the fact that they took the little extra time to put that stuff in.

I also like that they gave a lot of locations actual Hawaiian names, though when I heard about the demo in Hau'oli City from a friend I ended up mishearing it as "Hauli City" which I found both hilarious and kinda uncomfortable xD

So when you get to the Hau'oli Cemetery area, go up through the grass on the left of the cemetery. You'll see a woman being carried by a Machamp standing in front of one of he graves closest to you. Upon walking up to her, she proceeds to tell you that the grave she stands before is her husband's, and that he died in what is implied to be a ride Pokémon accident. I won't spoil the specific dialogue, because some of the things she says will probably make more sense and have more impact in context, but it's definitely worth talking with her despite how saddening her dialogue is.

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    One thing that I noticed is the random cries of the Pokémon on that route, that is just so amazing. It really helps to immerse yourself in the world.

17. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Spoiler alert of course!
    If you go back to the 'Shady House' in Po Town after you beat the game (I'm not sure at which specific point it triggers) and sit on Guzma's chair, a Grunt will run up and mistake you for Guzma before leaving. He'll say something like 'Hey Boss-wait, you're not my boss!' and run out again. I found that amusing. Also, the description on the chair says 'the arms look like they've been pounded countless times by angry fists'. Stuff like that makes me smile. Aww.

Just found this. I don't know if this counts, but if you go to that Akala hotel after you beat the game (again, I don't know exactly when, but definitely during the Ultra Beasts mission), you know, the one that Gladion stayed in for two years, the woman at the front desk says that 'that boy two doors down finally moved out' and that she was cleaning and found a letter. It's this cute fuzzy bit on Gladion apologizing to Lusamine for taking Null, but that it was for the greater good.
    This is why I LunarEdge ship.
    Edgelord for the win!
    #MissingNo

18. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    In the Hano Grand Resort, there's a whole bunch of stuff I only found post-game.
    Like...there's an 'uncomfortable-looking Machamp' that you 'save'. I say 'save' because the Machamp turns out to be a guy who gives you the Attract TM. Everyone probably knew that, but I literally just discovered it because I am unobservant. There's also a few other cute things that I find worth poking around for, like a girl on the beach who gives you a Soda Pop and asks if you'd wanted the one she's already started drinking.
    #MissingNo

19. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I actually tried this and have been trying to find out if I can fall off anything or glitch through anything. So far? No luck :( Does anyone else know a way to glitch through a wall or tree or anything? Your resident glitch wishes you to tell her :3

I actually found this just last night. In the Aether House, in that room where you get Porygon.
    I'm the only person I know who talks to all the little Pokémon scattered about the room in S/M, and so I found this. In the Porygon room, there are two Pokémon. A Wimpod who seems normal, and a Mimikyu who says 'Me...me curse you'
    That is fucking creepy as hell.
    #MissingNo

20. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I thought it was pretty cool that you could see that trainer you were battling. It wasn't a completely necessary detail, but it made some of the battles way more intense. The fact that they also used different kinds of pokeballs caught my attention.