1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What it means to be Thankful...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by xKiYoMiNaTiONx, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. xKiYoMiNaTiONx

PokéPoints:
    ₽112.2
    Today, Nov 24, 2016, is Thanksgiving Day. A day to be thankful for all that has happened, and for all that is to come. I normally don't write about this in the general public, but I feel like this year's Thanksgiving needs to be said out loud.

I am so very thankful this year. Honestly, 2016, the start of the year was kind of horrible. In fact, all previous years have been pretty bad.

The year started off kind of meh. Sure, I did manage to go to my family's reunion at a relative's place on New Year's Eve. Though, ever since then, I had been gaining weight again. Yes, I had put on over 10 pounds since then...and I can't get rid of it again T^T...

January and February were both okay months, but it was nothing special. I mean, I did manage to make my own cosplay this time! March came, and so did April. April was the month that I generally look forward to. My annual anime convention was being held during the month and I was overly excited for it! However, things didn't go as planned. I ended up getting sick, and I couldn't enjoy the con as much as I would have wanted to. May - June were just filled with con withdrawals. July came and I ended up growing another year older. I definitely am not happy for growing another year OTL. August swiftly came by...and things started to pick back up.

In August, my parents went on a month-long trip. I found this oddly nice and refreshing. My mom, since she retired, has been home all the time, and I never really get to have a time to myself anymore. I suffer from Panic Disorder, and my mom is the trigger for almost half of my anxiety attacks. So when they were gone, I was in heaven. But that's not why I felt things were picking back up. In the beginning...or perhaps is was the middle of August... I was able to go out and hang out with a couple of friends that I knew from con. We were planning on buying fabric to make new cosplays for the next convention. I intend on making two new costumes! It was a blast hanging out with them, even though I was extremely nervous and anxious. They understood what I was going through, as they also suffer from anxiety.

September came and things were quite mellow... October flew on by, and we finally was able to start doing sewing days. They started to teach me some things that even I didn't know what to do when it came to sewing. It is really fun hanging out with them, and talking about things that I can't really talk with about to anyone else. It felt like maybe things were getting better. How wrong I was...

In the beginning of October, I took a blood test for allergy symptoms. However, the doctor called and asked me to retake the blood test. He felt that the lab may have made an error on the results. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. I had done more than one blood test, and each one of the results came out with my having really high white blood cells. I was then referred to an Hematologist. It was then, I ended up taking another blood test, than a bone marrow biopsy. The results weren't looking too good for me. I was then diagnosed, towards the end of October, with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML).

I was praying, and hoping that this was not the case. I kept praying that perhaps I just had high white blood cells. But, it doesn't work that way. I ended up having to take Chemo Pills. However, right now, I have to stay off of it until next week and see if it's the cause of my really bad side effects after I take the pills. The pills are supposed to help and regular the white blood cells and remove the cancer. This brings me to now...

Today, Thanksgiving Day... I am thankful to be alive right now. I am thankful for the few friends that I do have, and thankful to my family as well for all giving me prayers in hoping that everything was going to be okay. I'm so thankful to have online friends as well. W/O online friends, I probably might have already been in a way more depressed state. I'm thankful for games and thankful for anime and manga. Without anime, manga, or cosplay...I probably wouldn't still be here today.

Thank You to everyone. Thank You to Lake Valor for welcoming me back after my long absence. Thank You for this life I am given.

Mahalo Nui Loa.

~~Kiyomi~~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Dusty likes this.