1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Black Friday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Azazel, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Now that American Thanksgiving is over, Black Friday is tomorrow! Do you go out to get those sweet deals? What have you bought?

2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I have to say that I am often disgusted when I see footage of Black Friday sales. Mobs of people literally running over each other, fighting over things..we all love our possessions to an extent and I'm not trying to sound above and better than everyone else or anything like that (because I am certainly not) but the lengths that you see some people go for the sake of materialism on Black Friday, the disregard for anything but making sure "number one" gets that deal..it makes me kind of sad. Every year people get hurt over this stuff at least somewhere..and you'll see people just step over them as they lay injured to get to their desired department.

I don't think that's how things are supposed to be.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I am not there, but here (Argentina) they try to sell the same things with the same prices (no changes, just marketing); they use the popularity of the original Black Friday (yours) trying to sell stuff on a x2 amount of money. And we don't even have a Thanksgiving day. If a REAL Black Friday came here, it would be probably the most dangerous decision for everyone to visit the markets.

Yup, that is here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I went Black Friday shopping in person a few years ago and it was not a great experience for me. The lines were ridiculously long and the deals didn't seem worth the pain of dealing with people who were clearly too much "in the holiday spirit" (sprinting and tackling people just to get so and so's Christmas present etc.) This year I didn't go shopping on Black Friday and didn't do online shopping either.