1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your First Shiny in Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Cadbberry, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    So as this new game comes in with a 4000:1 shiny ratio, have you managed to catch or find one. Even through GTS or wonder trade, any luck with it? I got a hacked lvl 100 Shiny Bewear on Wonder trade but even after trying to shiny hunt I have had no luck yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    My first shiny in Moon was a Cubone. Haven't evolved it yet. Followed by a Crabrawler 2 days after. Sun and Moon Shiny Hunting is looking knd to me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry likes this.
  3. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    My first shiny was an Abra I hatched. It caught me off guard since I was hatching them for the purpose of having different natured ones Synchronize, but to my surprise one of them was shiny and also had a good nature too!

keldeo97 likes this.
  4. Zombiesquirrel3

PokéPoints:
    ₽6.3
    My first shiny I got was through wonder trade and it was a shiny type: null

keldeo97 likes this.
  5. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    My first shiny in Pokémon Moon was a Rockruff. I found a theory, in YouTube, on how to get a shiny Pokémon through a method called: S.O.S battles. It's when a wild Pokémon calls out to other Pokémon for aid in battle when in low health. :sweat:

6. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Its not a theory, its a new chaining method (Of which the increased odds are unknown), in which I have failed greatly... (200+ Makuhita Chain)

Still no shinies of any kind :T

7. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    My first shiny was a Meowth. Since I hadn't used the one I caught for Pokédex purposes yet, I decided to use it to register Persian in my dex.

My second shiny was a Magikarp I found while grinding Dratini for a Dragon Scale. Busted my save-reset strategy, the jerk (though the Bottle Caps that have been appearing have softened my hatred for him...)

8. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    My first shiny was a Drowzee :) She is sitting in my PC currently. Dunno what I will do with her yet! Maybe train her post-game, when I reach that point.

9. Cilan

Cilan Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽128.9
    I caught a Gastly. I named her Dimple. I was training a Pokémon, got up to go do something, came back and was like, "Wait a minute. Gastly aren't those colors."

Edit: I also just caught a Shiny Trumbeak. I named him Sam.

10. Tmo

Tmo Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.9
    I got a 6IV shiny Ditto (hacked 99.99999% of the time). Later down the line I got a shiny sudowoodo on GTS (I still have it)

11. JohtoChimes

Weatherly
    (Castform (Water))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.0
    My first shiny was a Fomantis I random encountered in the Lush Jungle :)

12. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My first shiny was a Salandit, I SOS hunted for him and found the little bugger in 135-140 encounters. Sadly my synchronizer didn't work so he don't have that great a nature, quiet. Still love him tho even if he'll never be able to evolve.

13. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Well, I haven't encountered one on my own so far. The only shiny I have in my game is a shiny Ditto from an online trade (that was obviously hacked). I haven't tried that chaining method yet (cuz it's exam week at college and I have no time). Pretty excited to give it a try tho.

14. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I got a shiny Pyukumuku from the Wondertrade. Pretty sure it was hacked, but oh well. I also managed to encounter a Shiny Rockruff for Charjabug trade on the GTS. Guess who has a blue puppy now? :D

15. Totalheartsboy

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.3
    I was breeding Exeggcute and then after like 40 eggs a shiny hatched... i wasn't event shiny hunting but now i have my first shiny in Moon.

16. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Just walking around and oh god why did this bird just swoop d-oh... it's a shiny Fearow... neat xD

Wasn't too excited but hey a shiny is a shiny

17. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Well I haven't been playing at all for over a week but picking it up today, I finally got my first Gen VII shiny: a Cubone. Planning on evolving it shortly.

18. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    It was a trashy Goldeen but thank goodness for S.O.S chaining because I've found so many better shinies afterwards. n.n

19. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    My first shiny was Dewpider! It was sooooo cute. I remember just giving up when the last egg hatched.... and it was there... looking glorious. It sucked because I had to stay quite because everyone else in the room was taking the final haha.

Dusty likes this.
  20. keldeo97

keldeo97 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽8.9
    My first shiny was a shiny silvally through GTS. And also I received a shiny grubbin through wonder trade. Btw, I met this forum because the grubbin has a pkm trainer called azelf.net