1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ride Pokemon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Megarai111, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I love it, the new feature in Pokémon Sun and Moon: the Ride Pokémon!
    It's not as great as having a Pokémon tag along with you, but it does come close.
    Thanks to Ride Pokémon, HMs are no longer necessary, and some Ride Pokémon (like Tauros) are fast enough to outmatch a bike's speed!

What do you think of the Ride Pokémon? Do you like them or not? Why? Are there Ride Pokémon you'd like to add in or replace? What's your favourite Ride Pokémon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Gotta be Stoutland Search for me, no doubt about it. I love finding hidden items everywhere I go~ Plus Stoutland is so adorable to not take a ride on everywhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I love the Mudsdale ride. Prancing around on horseback is very nice. Maybe next time a Rapidash ride?

4. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    It's pretty awesome. Tauros and Sharpedo are great cause gotta go fast but I think I might like Mudsdale Gallop the most just for that very satisfying pounding of hooves that shakes the ground and sounds nice when going over its special terrain.

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I like to move fast so I really enjoy the Tauros ride, it zooms around the map and makes a great item over the bike. I do not really like the Machamp ride as it is very awkward and is a bit clunky with the moving rocks. I much prefer the character you control just running into the rocks to move them over the hold B to move them, it is also hard to get it to stop moving rocks I have found which can get frustrating

6. Peerman

Peerman Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.9
    I don't have Sun&Moon, but from what I have seen, Tauros and Mudsdale (probably spelled that wrong) are the most amazing! And Lapras too! Still want to see Blastoise and Pidgeot, though XD

7. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I really like the feature, from what I've experienced so far! I love that it replaces HMs, having a set slot or two on your team just for HM use got really tiring after a while, so this frees up a lot more room for actual team building. I like using Tauros the most since it's really fast for hatching eggs, but all of them are pretty cool! Granted, I only have access to Tauros, Charizard, Stoutland, and Lapras right now, but still.

8. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Ride Pokémon are fantastic. Not only do I no longer need to include a Water and Flying Pokémon on my team each playthrough, but eggs hatch super fast when riding Tauros as well. They make the game so convenient and I love it.

9. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Tauros (and ride Pokémon in general) just makes life easier, no doubt about it. It's more fun that a bike, because you're riding a Pokémon, and much faster, too. I also like Stoutland because I love dogs, I love it when it barks when it finds something, and it's just SO FLUFFY.

10. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Ride Pokémon are great (though I keep getting confused when I press Y, expecting the registered items). Tauros is probably the one I use the most, though Sharpedo is my favorite because you can jet around doing donuts on it. :D

11. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Sharpedo donuts are great fun. Not sure if it counts as steps for hatching the way I believe Surfing once did in the old games but yeah, Sharpedo Jet is pretty awesome.

12. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    They are amazing, I love them so much. Tauros is by far the one I used the most, but I've had the most fun on Sharpedo for sure.

For future games, I'd love if they gave you a couple options per Pokémon. Like, you could choose whether you'd like to fly on Charizard, Tropius, Togekiss, or Braviary.
    It probably won't happen, but that's literally the only way I could see any more improvement over this feature. Everything else about it is pretty much perfect.

13. OminousMoon

OminousMoon Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽22.9
    The Tuaros ride is awesome for hatchung eggs, I go around in circles just to hatch them. Though to be honest, I kinda do miss the HM's a little because it gave me the feel of the old games ya know? But of course Sun and Moon is different so I can accept it.

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    It is awesome, no more HMs which were always a pain to have to deal with since it usually meant you eithet gave your mon useless moves that you couldn't just get rid of right away or have a HM slave. I'm so glad they got rid of the HMs in favor of these ride Pokémon it made it a ton easier to go through the story without having to worry about whenever or not you had a mon that could learn x thing.

My favorite gotta by the Mudsdale ride, I just really like Mudsdale is probably one of my favorites both as ride and Pokémon from the new gen. The Tauros ride is also really nice is so useful for breeding and hatching plus if you wanna cross a great distance but don't wanna walk/run you can just hop on Tauros and storm through the area.

15. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I have to agree, no longer forcing us to have a Pokémon in the party just for the sake of being compatible with HMs is fantastic, also they don't up space and just appear :P haha I think, Pokémon following us is still best, but I can see how that would be awkward to have both at the same time too.

I think hopefully it's a feature they will keep, and therefore it will be improved on in future iterations. I think the one thing I really don't like is the ridiculous outfit you have to wear for it, yes on the one hand I understand the whole "don't try riding bulls/cows at home" kids safety message there but far out even the colours for the gear are really clashing and blah D: haha also, we wear a bike helmet for a taurus, but not for bikes in the past? haha

16. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I love the fact that you don't have to choose your adventure team based on who can or cannot use HMs. It always sucked when you needed a certain move and left the Pokémon you taught it to back in the PC.

As for the actual riding, I like Stoutland the best. I just love the way it runs, and it feels so much smoother than Tauros. That being said, I use Tauros a lot cause I'm an egg hatching machine XD My least favourite would have to be Machamp. It looks so awkward and why does it have to carry me bridal style?!

17. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I can't agree with you more. Always having to rotate Pokémon like that or base your team around getting through the region AND battling was certainly a pain.

Personally, I love Stoutland. He's really adorable, and honestly reminds me of my own dog :P He runs pretty fast, though getting around the fastest would be with Tauros, so that's my second favorite.

18. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I can't decide between Tauros and Sharpedo. Tauros is my egg hatching machine. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't play Tauros Riding Simulatorâ„¢. Probably just breed in ORAS where my fingers wouldn't die.
    My reasoning for Sharpedo is simple. It's more enjoyable just spinning in circles on a jet shark.

19. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I really love the Tauros ride Pokémon, but this brings me to ask, will ride Pokémon ever appear outside of Alola. It is obvious to not come to the Gen 4 remakes.

20. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I really like the inclusion of PokeRide. It made the game a lot easier since we didn't have to carry an HM slave or waste attack slots for better attacks.