1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Postgame Level Grinding Locations

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Ryan, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    The second biggest flaw of Sun & Moon, in my opinion: level grinding. This game has no quick methods to level to 100, unlike XY and ORAS. In my opinion, these are the best places to level up. If you have anything else, please suggest it. Grinding in this game is painful.

1. Elite Four: Self-explanatory. Do the Elite Four over and over and over and over.
    Pros: Reliable, money
    Cons: Boring.

2. Bewear SOS: This one is a hassle, but good XP. You'll want the following Pokémon for this method:

Marowak holding Thick Club
    Ability: Rock Head (Important)
    Flare Blitz
    Substitute
    False Swipe
    Filler - I use Iron Head

Marowak can't be touched by any of Bewear's attacking moves; however, without Substitute, you'll be hit by Pain Split. Getting the Bewear down to one health can be a little annoying, but the experience is great. The strategy is essentially SOS chaining.
    Here are the steps:
    1. Encounter a Bewear (5% chance - good luck)
    2. Set up Substitute with your Marowak
    3. Lower Bewear's health to 1
    4. Pop an Adrenaline Orb
    5. Use Flare Blitz on every new Bewear that pops up. If you need to pass the turn, keep using Adrenaline Orbs. They'll skip your turn but won't use up the item.
    6. Make sure, after so many Bewear encounters, that you "swap" the Bewear that's calling for help. By this, I mean, get the called in Bewear (the second one) to 1 health. KO the first Bewear.
    7. Enjoy the experience. You'll want Netflix.
    Pros: Great experience, chance of finding a shiny
    Cons: A lot of set up & attention needed, no money
    Thanks Emmy & Sohrob for finding this!

3. Battle Buffet: This requires a bit of attention, but works pretty well. Technically, this is a once a day thing, but there's a way around it.
    The Battle Buffet is located in Hau'oli City's mall (head straight after entering the mall). I generally save beforehand, just in case. Pay the entrance fee, and start going after the food dishes so the trainers will battle you. You have ten turns - better hope you one shot everything!
    I strongly recommend avoiding the male Black Belt and the male Office Worker. The Black Belt has an Endure Hariyama that will eat up a turn or two, and the male Office Worker has a Sturdy Magnezone that will take a turn. Not worth it, in my opinion.
    Once you've used up 9 turns, leave. You'll be prompted asking if you're sure or something along those lines, just leave anyway. Heal up if you need to, turn around, and go back in. You'll be able to battle all the trainers again.
    Pros: A good amount of XP for each trainer, pretty easy to do, decent money
    Cons: Still a little slow, and it requires some attention

4. Rare Kitchens: This is probably the fastest, but I'm going to be honest - it's a huge pain to get it set up.
    First, you'll need two Festival Plaza visitors with a Rare Kitchen at level 5.
    Next, you'll need 4,500 FC to purchase the Rare Kitchens from your visitors. The price of each duplicate facility will increase, so while the first is 1,500, the second is 3,000. Set these up in your plaza as soon as you're able to afford them. You will also need an additional 800 FC per Pokémon that you want to level to 100.
    After this, the Pokémon you want to level to 100 must be level 66. No higher, no lower.
    One final requirement: you'll need two Rare Candies.
    Take the Pokémon you're leveling to the one of the Rare Kitchens and order one Rare Dinner. This should take you to level 73.
    Take your now level 73 Pokémon to the second Rare Kitchen and order another Rare Dinner. This will elevate you to level 80.
    Feed your level 80 Pokémon a Rare Buffet at one of the Kitchens. You'll be taken to level 89.
    Take your level 89 Pokémon to the other Kitchen, and get another Rare Buffet. Your Pokémon should be level 98.
    Use your two Rare Candies to hit level 100.
    Pros: Fast once you get it set up.
    Cons: The set up is painful.

Those are the best methods that I know of. If you have anything else, share yours!

Rafael and LunarRabbitPikachu like this.
  2. IceyEmmy

IceyEmmy Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.2
    I'd like to add, to gaurantee a KO on every Bewear spawned, your Marowak needs to be Adamant, 252 EVs/31 IVs in Attack, and at a minimum level of 63. Though, it'll take 4 False Swipes at this level to bring a Bewear with a +Def nature down to 1 HP. Also, just to be safe, try to get your Marowak with Rock Head so that you don't KO yourself with flare blitz.

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Bewear: 235-277 (103 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
    Ability: Rock Head
    Level: 63
    EVs: 252 Atk / 88 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Substitute
    - False Swipe
    - Swords Dance

I put Swords Dance there, just in case you aren't finding ohko's... If you are lower than level 63, I also propose more speed investment so you can outspeed the wild Bewears

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Yooo I had no idea there was a way around the Battle Buffet daily limit. Thanks so much for the tip!

So far my grinding has consisted of getting enough affection in Refresh that my Pokémon get bonus EXP and murdering the wild Pokémon in Vast Poni Canyon. Most of the Pokémon there give decent EXP for lower level grinding (around 45 and below) but I've had to turn to the E4 for those higher levels. It's gr88 for that sweet sweet dex completion though.

Also for specific Pokémon the lucky egg is a godsend, but most of y'all probably already knew that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Woah that Battle Buffet tip is gonna be so useful. Gonna grind there for some money. Thanks!!

5. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    No problem. There's the Rare Kitchen method I'll add in, but I need to read up on the details more.

EDIT: Updated the methods.