1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Least favorite Gen 7 Pokémon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Hraesvelgr, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    So now that Sun and Moon have been out for awhile and people have had a proper chance to explore and check out all the new Pokémon. Just like every gen there's Pokémon and are disliked for their design, typing, poor ability choice or because is just not competitively viable.

So tell me LV peeps, what's your least favorite Gen 7 mon(s)?

I have a few I dislike myself, one of them being Incineroar which I'm sure people that hangs out in the Discord chat already know. I can't get myself to like sorely because of its design it may not be part fighting like people had feared but it still looks like one and I've grown tired of fire starters like that.

Another one I'm not too fond of is Crabominable, this is mainly because of how late it evolves if you use Crabrawler through the story since the evolution trigger is location. In Crabominable's case literally right before the league. I find that silly that you have to wait that long to even get a Crabominable if you wanna use one for the story. Yes you can trade but still a location based evolution that late is a bit too much just having Pokémon that needs to be in Vast Poni Canyon to evolve was bad enough.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Honestly, I like every Pokémon revealed in this gen, but if I had to choose one, it'd be Togedemaru. Was never a fan of Pikachu clones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    My least favorite would have to be Comfey, although that said I really don't dislike it that much. I think this generation overall has been awesome for new Pokémon concepts and designs and I like Comfey compared to my least favorites from some previous generations.

I suppose I can add Alolan Dugtrio to it if you want to count Alolan Forms as new Pokémon. It was amusing for a few minutes when I first found out about it but by now all the Hanson jokes are old and it's just Dugtrio with some dumbass wigs. Kind of lame and just silly.

4. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Every alolan form ever? Maybe not that bad, but i'd rather see a few of them just be megas and the rest as either entirely new Pokémon or non-existent. Alolan dugtrio is the pinnacle of the hate though. As for as new alolan Pokémon, definitely pallosand. I'm getting real sick of these ghost types that they keep throwing out at us

5. IceyEmmy

IceyEmmy Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.2
    My least favorite in terms of design for this generation has to be bruxxish, I'm just not a big fan of ugly Pokémon...

Least favorite alolan form would be persian's

and least favorite in a competitive sense would be vikavolt... it's stats are so stupid, why is the bug so freakin slow when it looks like a jet...

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I agree with Vikavolt. It is just not useful and I really think that the design isn't all there.

My least favorite Alola form would be Sandslash. I don't like the giant spiky hat he has.

7. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    [SIZE=14.6667px]My least favorite mon of this generation by design and most inconvenient level up is Crabominal (As much as I love the pun on Snow Crab) while Alolan is Meowth (It looks like it barely changed) and overall is Brionne (Its so creepy).[/SIZE]

8. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I really don't like Alolan Persian. I haven't checked its stats or its moves or anything else. It just looks.... kind of annoying I guess.

9. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Alright, I have two for your people.
    Both of them have been stated above, but whatever.

Bruxxish is just disturbing to me. Not fond of it's design at all, and design is a huge deal to me in Pokémon.
    Crabominal. Like Apawn said, the name is awesome, but I don't like it's design. I don't know why. I mean, it's a cool idea, but meh.

10. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I would've loved for Comfey to be Alolan Klefki (you know, replace the keys with flowers, and you have pretty much the same thing), but instead they made another incredibly similar Pokémon and I don't really like it that much. Don't get me wrong, I still prefer Comfey over Klefki any day, but still, it's a waste of potential.

As for Alolan forms, Raticate looks kinda stupid, and Persian has a messed up face.

11. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    b-b-but... Ninetales....
    [​IMG]

But I can kinda get behind the Alolan form idea. It's interesting on the surface and for the plot of the game, but it just leaves me wondering "why?" As for the ghost types, I loved the introductions personally. To each their own!

Overall, though, my least favorite gen 7 Pokémon arethe Bounsweet line. I'm just not a fan of them at all, especially Tsareena.

12. Phazon

PokéPoints:
    ₽77.3
    Like everyone, I dislike Crabominal.

I mean, crabrawler was pretty cool looking, but when you evolve it, it takes a completely different look to what people envisioned.

I also dislike Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash.

They're Ice types now, so why even have "Sand" in the names!?

JadeFox likes this.
  13. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I don't really have a least favorite gen 7 Pokémon, but there are a few that I like less than the rest.

First off, Yungoos because I'm never a fan of the early game normal types.

Secondly, Shiinotic because we already have a bunch of mushrooms and Shiinotic's design doesn't really make it stand out. (Morelull is pretty cute though)

And finally Komala, because I'm really disappointed that it doesn't evolve. It's design really made me think it was a first stage Pokémon. But because it's not, its stats except attack are nothing special making it pretty useless. Which is sad because I do like its design and a koala Pokémon seemed like a great concept.

East and Phazon like this.
  14. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I'm really starting to hate Minior after the damn thing outsped my mons the other day lmao. I will have to admit though that I'm not overtly found of that new horse? mon? either. It's annoyingly tanky.

I would like to give alolan form Ninetails a mention too, though, as I see it being used a lot as lead mons in battle spot. And extra thanks to incompetent trainers who leave the snowy darling out on the field so my lead aerodactyl can get that sweeet x4 super effective iron head damage on it, haha.

15. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Kinda/kinda not surprised over all the comments about Incineroar, Crabombinable, and Mudsdale. They're interesting in their own way, and ended up becoming 3 big members in my champion team. Too each their own, I suppose.

The Mon I liked the least has to be Komala and Dhelmise. Komala had the potential to be something amazing, if it had a evolution or two.. Dhelmise...I didn't like it's design and its typing made little sense till I dug into its Pokédex entry. Plus that 1-5% encounter..took me days to find one.

16. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I love or at least like most of the new Pokémon, but there is one that I just flat out hate due to the fact that my brother owns one that is pretty high level, and I don't, and it is so hard to beat, super bulky and it is just SO ANNOYING!!!!!

I bet you have narrowed it down to Mudsdale, Wishiwashi, and Bewear. The answer is the second. That stupid fish...

17. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I'm voting Bruxish. It's quite ugly and I don't like it. Tell us, Gamefreak. Why did you create this Pokémon?

WHY?

18. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I think it was created to poke fun at the British to be honest. :^)

19. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I... I never considered that...
    Did GameFreak really make a meme like that? I'm so impressed right now XD

20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Komala is bad in every shape and form. Ew. :( Doesn't even evolve.