1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Kanto in HGSS

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Megarai111, Dec 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    One of the nicest things in HGSS was the fact that you could explore not one, but two regions in the game! New Trainers, new Gyms, new Routes and Cities to explore... Although, for sone of you, the places and people you found there weren't that new to you.

What do you think of the way Game Freak made Kanto return in the games? Did you like this part of your journey or do you wish it to have been different? What features do you like best? What features do you like the least?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    While it isn't a new feature (it was already done in the original games GSC), it was still awesome to explore the Kanto region with my new Pokémon at my side. Walking through the nostalgic routes with my Ninetales strolling behind me was a great experience.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I played crystal, not exactly HGSS, but it was a great addition to the game and allowed a fun post-game to earn double the number of badges. It was a fun achievement when I finally did it. I think it should really return since it seems so simple to add and allows a new way for players to enjoy the game.

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Ah, HeartGold and SoulSilver! Two of my favourite Pokémon games to date! I was extremely fond of exploring the Kanto region, as it meant longer game time, new places to explore, and new characters to meet! I loved how you could also challenge the Kanto league. I was 10 when I played SoulSilver, and me and my sister had great memories! We played over 500 hours on those games, and I love games with many purposeful characters.

5. Peerman

Peerman Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.9
    Kanto in HG/SS was amazing! Finnaly I was back in that amazing region :D when I arived there, I immediatly switched all my Jotho Pokémon for Kanto Pokémon XD

6. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    It was great in Gen 2 and just as great here in Gen 4, completely faithful. When you add in the great little GB Sound feature it really brings the nostalgia. Going after the additional 8 badges is probably my favorite part of the game.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    The extended Journey was great. It really made the journey a lot longer and being able to find all the Kanto Pokémon was nice. The fact that it was no longer a static journey but being able to challenge the Gyms in a different order is what appeals a lot to me.