1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Holiday traditions?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Azazel, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Hey guys! What holiday do you celebrate around this time? Do you have any family traditions? Looking forward to winter break? x3

Personally, my brother always visits for christmas, it adds livelyness to the house.

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    My Christmas traditions:

--drive around and look at Christmas lights
    --watch the animated Disney version of "A Christmas Carol"
    --watch the Muppet version of "A Christmas Carol" (did this last weekend)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Me and my family ALWAYS put up the Christmas tree together. We had my little brother (god bless him) put the angel on top of the tree. The past two years we started the "Elf on a Shelf" thing (not sure if you are familiar with it). We also watch Bad Santa because it is my mother's favorite movie. Yeah, my family is pretty cool around Christmas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I always spend it with my mom. This year like last year it will be at my aunt's house (so with her as well), it just makes the most sense as currently both my mother and I live in smallish one bedroom apartments each. On boxing day the tradition since my niece has been born has been to go to their place and visit.

Another tradition I try to personally keep is to watch that classic 'A Christmas Story' movie at least once. I love that movie. You know, it's the one with the kid who wants a BB gun and everyone tells him he's going to shoot his eye out. That one. It's great. It's usually always playing somewhere on TV on repeat over the holidays.

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am definitely a stick-in-the-mud in comparison when compared to most people, given how the only holiday I ever celebrate, even in passing, is Easter. Around my neighbourhood Christmas has been getting more and more quiet, which I'm somewhat glad of. Driving around and seeing Christmas lights is nice and all, but I end up doing that unintentionally every time I leave my house to go some place - I live in a residential community, so I pass by about 30 houses just to get to the main street.

My family used to have a Christmas tree with lights, but that's dead thankfully - it took forever to set up and for not much reward. We also have outdoor Christmas lights, which still work, but I've not liked them for years because they keep me up at night when I'm trying to sleep. Honestly, if asked, I just want Christmas to be over and done with, because to me it's just another excuse for marketers to be annoying - both directly and by proxy via other people.

Why don't I ever celebrate Christmas? Because everyone else is just so loud. The only reason I do so here is to play along and support Lake Valor, because in that scenario the reason has absolutely nothing to do with the holiday. There's also the bit that Christmas is absolutely meaningless outside of the context of Easter, which I suppose is my primary drive, but it's much quieter than the aforementioned reason.

6. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Christmas, for me, is a beautiful time of the year, only if I end up helping others who need a better Christmas. I love setting up the tree because it livens the tiny house I live in (how did I manage to fit a giant tree in a tiny house?). I love the spirit of giving perfect condition items to the homeless and poor. I also love celebrating Christmas with my entire family consisting of friends, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents, siblings and parents. It reminds me of how close the family is, no matter how far apart we live. I do not like the shopping rush, though, and while I buy presents for my family early (I got my sister a Mew shirt and a Legend of Alola Lunala box), the shopping rush is unpleasantly busy.