1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Professor Kukui

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Megarai111, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Professor Kukui. Like his fellow Alolan citizens, he's a generally laid-back guy. As a Pokémon Professor, he specializes in researching Pokémon Moves.

What do you think of this new professor? What do you like most about him, and are there things you don't like about him?
    What about his wife? What do you think of her?
    And perhaps the most important question of all... Who is the Masked Royal?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    he's h0t

um cough

I actually really like Kukui! He's real chill and I love how he travels with you. He plays a bigger role than the other professors and he ain't no punk either! When he stood up to Guzma I was like "yaaaas boo! get him! slam!"

It's so sad cute how he's not with me with Burnet though! I would have never expected that and it took me until the credits to realize "OMG, that's Dream Radar gal!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    East and Smooshie like this.
  3. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Kukui's a cool dude. I think it's neat how he sticks with you until the end, unlike some of the other professors who just stay in their hometown all the time. I can't believe he lives in that house though. How is it still standing?

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I do like Kukui. He isn't all the way at the top, but he ranks high based on his personality and involvment in the plot of the story itself. although he does make me a little angry at the beginning of the game, with his constant attempts to make me feel dumb. (or at least that's how I saw it)

5. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    I thought the end of the game where he was brought up was pretty neat.

6. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I like him alot and it took me by surprise when I found out he was married to burnett. She does mention in the dream radar that she is married to a professor from a far away region but whew boi I was not prepared for that! I like how he plays a big role in the story and even has history with guzma. I especially like just how instrumental he is to the league and how his island challange led him to where he is. I honestly wish more of the professors were like him!

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I enjoyed him as I felt he was trying to be close to the player, to be actually helpful. He is a good looking professor and Game Freak was like "You can't have him, he is married!" it was cute of them to try. The way he interacts with other everyone in the game makes me enjoy the fact he feels so developed and close. It is hard to explain but he is really my favorite professor so far.

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Lol, @[member="Pokechu"], that was my first thought as well.

I like Kukui. Unlike many professors, he is actually really involved in the plot and I was shocked to see him at the very end trying to beat my ass. Burnet is also a very cool prof, the way how she interacts with Lillie is so cute.

9. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I like him. I thought his speech quirks would get old quick but they really didn't. He's a pretty cool guy. Other things to be said about plot involvement and the like have already been said by others.

Also clearly the Masked Royal is someone entirely different, not the same guy at all. Anyone who suggest such a thing is foolish! (keep kayfabe alive it's still real to me damnit)

10. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Probably my favourite professor so far, I liked how he was really involved in the whole storyline. Then again I really liked the characters in this gen

11. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I really enjoy professor Kukui! Throughout the story, he really shows how much he enjoys learning about Pokémon moves especially when you get ready to enter his lab for the first time. And as you continue through, he gets more involved with the story and shows his learning experience from the Kanto battles he had. And the fact that he also has a wife shows how much he and his wife can learn from each others researches and what how it can help them get closer to their goals.

12. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    If I ever get the chance to become a Pokémon Professor, I would try my hardest to become just like Kukui. He's just such a chill guy, who wants to give everyone a fun time. Also, I know it was a really small thing that most people just overlooked, but remember how he interacted with that one child all the way at the beginning of the game? He asked Kukui something, and he gave some good advice back. That's what I like most about Kukui, he's not some stuck-up lab nerd, he spends a lot of time going out, getting familiar with the islanders, making friends all over the place. But aside from that, he's also pretty smart, involved with the more serious side of Alola, not to mention a really good trainer.

He's just a great dude. I'd hang out with him in his shed of questionable state.

13. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Professor Kukui is now my favorite professor by far. He's personable, funny, knowledgeable, and a great battler.

His constant "cousin" mentions were a bit much, but he seriously came off as a lovable uncle with many....many quirks. How he often appeared during the adventure, put his heart and soul into his work... I'm very impressed with Game Freak with this generation with Kukui alone.