1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime Hair

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Megarai111, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Ahh, anime hair. It ranks among the weirdest things in existence, that's for sure. It comes in all colors and sizes, some make sense, other's don't (think Yugi from Yugioh).

What are your thoughts on the different anime hairstyles you've seen over the years? Do you prefer more natural looks or are you fine with it being all crazy as well? What is the weirdest anime hairstyle you've ever seen? Have you ever cosplayed an anime character whose hair was hard to copy? Would you want to have anime hair?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Weirdest would have to be Yugi Moto, hands down.

I usually draw/like natural-like hair, but I don't mind oddities from here to there.
    I've only cosplayed 2 times, and the weirdest of the two would be Flandre Scarlet's side ponytail (but then again that was a wig cause I don't have blonde hair, and then I only wore it for a few minutes cause it turned out I'm allergic to fake hair).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    There are usually pretty achievable looks in anime hair from what I have seen, would you want it, no, probably not too practical. I cosplay long hair but tame hair, I dont got time to style it, mainly since I am lazy.Weirdest hair goes to the main girl from Trouble Chocolate, I don't know her name, all I remember is she says Mine and You're welcome a lot. A lot of my OCs have some odd hair but if they are crazy, usually it is color that makes them crazy.

4. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Tbh I love weird and crazy anime hair?? That's one of the reasons I started rewatching yugioh actually. Some hair is also amazing like most people for angel beats or clannad. No game no life is BEAUTIFUL since the hair is rainbow like too.

5. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I love any anime/manga hair! It is very entertaining to see it in motion and break any law of physics out there. It's very fun to draw, and fun to observe. But to be honest, it would be a nightmare to cosplay as anyone with crazy hair.

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I think anime hair would be a nightmare, especially extreme cases. However, I do dig the colors. I think it would be pretty cool to have naturally purple hair. Plus, it makes it easier to differentiate between different people. I would also love to know who exactly would be the main character in our lives.

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    All I can say is that Franky from One Piece has the best hairstyles, fact. :)

8. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I don't cosplay, but I've often been told I have anime hair (which honestly I feel borders on rude, I'm clearly not cosplaying, and having a hair colour is no reason to point someone out as something without knowing anything about them. You'd have to be narrow minded to assume ALL of such hair colour means such, it's just an assumption that can never be correct). If it's rude for me to ask if your red hair means you like to think your Anne of green gables, then it's rude for you to ask me if I'm Jinx. I've watched very few anime and played very few mainstream games so I don't even know the characters people are talking about.

I'm not sure why but something bothers me about a lot of people who use wigs to try and replicate a very complicated anime hair style though, like the wigs just don't reflect the light in the right way, this weird blend of not quite cartoon but way off of realistic. I'm not sure exactly what I'd rather they do than use wigs but I feel like the wigs often don't do justice compared to the intricate and well made costumes.

9. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I like seeing anime hair! I also like drawing it, and some of my OCs in a fanfiction I'm writing have some really outrageous hair :P

I just think it's really creative and it's one of those things with limitless possibilities. I've never cosplayed, but I feel for them...

10. DecemberWildfire

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I enjoy it a lot. I mean, I guess it sort of depends on the anime style because some of it can be crazier or more realistic than others. As a kid I always dreamed of having Sailor Moon/Sailor Venus hair. As far as the crazy colors go, people do that all the time these days (me being one of those people at one point).

11. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Well...I intend to streak my hair with red, blue, and purple soon, so I get the whole 'crazy color' thing. I'd say Blue's hair is awesome. So spiky and ridiculous.
    #MissingNo

12. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    "What are your thoughts on the different anime hairstyles you've seen over the years? "
    Some feel imposible to get in real life unless you make it with something that is not real hair or fake hair xD

"Do you prefer more natural looks or are you fine with it being all crazy as well?"
    The being crazy ones are awesome, sometimes they are the most cool

"What is the weirdest anime hairstyle you've ever seen?"
    Of course Yugi Mouto's hair is something that I have to mention xD

"Have you ever cosplayed an anime character whose hair was hard to copy?"
    I could say yes...but wasn't my intention... I woke up like that haha

"Would you want to have anime hair?"
    Of course! But only those that could suit me.. I am not a fanboy.. I want Usui Takumi's hair

13. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Anime hair is amazing, and I'm a big fan of those hairstyles that look like they're defying gravity. I like the natural hairstyles as well, but the only hairstyles I don't like are the excessively long, straight haired hairstyles because it gives me unrealistic expectations for growing my hair T_Talthough, I'm not sure ankle length hair would be very convenient XD

14. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    The weirdest.....hmm.....none actually.....I like all. Those anime girls are so cute!
    My fav hairstyle/color is the hair of Nanami from Kamisama Kiss and of Kanon & Chihiro from The World God Only Knows. Ya know, simple and sweet.
    I'm happy with my hair. I dont want anime hair, no!

15. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ah yes, anime hair. The best way to pick your protagonist out from a crowd of normies. XD

Of course, the weirdest anime hair I've seen in Yugi Mouto. Almost nothing compares to that. As for my hair, mine already feels like it's already anime-ified most of the time with how long, thick, and wavy it is. The only thing missing is the dyed colors, which I don't intend to do ever. :sweat:

16. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    The best anime hair will always be Goku's XD but in all seriousness, I like a more natural look.