1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Manga drawing styles

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Megarai111, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    There are tons of different manga, and each mangaka has their own drawing style: some surreal, some highly detailed, others relatively plain and simple.

Whose drawing style do you like best? Why? What makes you like or dislike a certain drawing style?

I'll answer this question myself as well, because I feel like I have an interesting opinion to share :3
    I really like the drawing style of Enjoji Maki, a female mangaka who mainly draws shoujo/josei romance manga yes I'm one of those girls. Her art is realistic yet clean, and she excels in both drawing environments and human motion. Also, her way of drawing eyes is really cool!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I don't have a personal favorite, but I love how much more diverse manga is with their styles than anime. mangakas seem to try and experiment where as anime seems to stick to a very simple and clear style. Off the top of my head though, I really enjoy Kerin Suzuargi's art.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Manga art has to be my favourite art of all time! Though the truth is, there will always be styles that appeal to me over other styles. My favourite has to be the Pokémon Adventures style by Satoshi Yamamoto.
    [​IMG]

I love the fact that you can really outline a character's personality in this style.

Though any manga style, I love.