1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Roller skates

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Megarai111, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Roller skates! We got to twist and twirl all around Kalos. There was even a place on Route 5 where you could practice your awesome skating tricks and skate along rails! That wasn't the only thing great about them - it also eliminated the need of a grid to walk around in! (Well, as long as you were riding the skates. When taking off the skates, you would go back to the grid-like walking).

What did you think of the roller skates? Did you do many tricks? How many tricks do you know? Do you see this feature returning in future games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I did like the full movement, however I didn't like that it ruined the Radar when I wanted to hunt shinies. I don't usually go for the D-Pad on my 3DS so I was always skating. I couldn't pull of tricks though..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I loved the skates and I was very bummed that they didn't make their return in gen 7. I never was one for tricks but I was one for speed, going fast and having fun while being able to move at that pace was all I wanted. Though it could be a little funky to navigate at times or if you were on the edge of a loading platform, like going into a side street in Lumious City, it would update your character and often send them into the side street if you wanted to or not. Other than that, they were really useful for fast movement compared to the running shoes.

4. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    They were a fine enough replacement for running, but I could really take them or leave them. I'm not bothered they aren't in Gen 7 and wouldn't care if they never return. Once I got the bike I used that instead pretty much all the time.

5. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I loved having roller skates! I thought it was a nice and sufficient replacement of running and made things a little more fun if I do say so myself. I also think im biased since I roller skate irl and love it though. ^_^