1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite game

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Aiko, Dec 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I haven't seen a thread about this in a while. So whats everyones favorite games? Weather it be because of the new Pokémon introduced or a specific character!

Personally, I love the dppt trio. Diamond was my first game and everything just meant so much to me. I really love team galactic and their motives as well. I thought the whole space time side stories and the distortion world were very interesting and added to the story of the games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    My favourite Pokémon game is Heartgold. It was my first Pokémon game I played alone (instead of sharing with my twin sister). It is the Pokémon Game with almost all my favourite Pokémon characters (except for N and exclusive manga characters): Lance, Red, Will, Gold, Morty, Falkner, Eusine, Blaine, Karen, and many, many more. The characters were fantastic, the strolling was perfect, and the colours were extremely vibrant and realistic. The post-game story was extremely rich, with oh so many things to do! Steven was in Heartgold and Soulsilver too. Even when you've finished the post-story, you can do so many more things such as re-challenging the Elite 4, Lance, Silver and Red, as well as all the other Gym Leaders by gaining their Pokegear numbers. There's the Pokeathlon dome which is so fun, especially when competing with Gym Leaders or other players. The Battle Frontier is the great challenge. It is my most treasured game which I restarted again. All the Pokémon Games are fantastic, but HeartGold and SoulSilver have a special place in me and my sister's heart.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Pokémon DPP almost have me but the game is in need of a revamp, its story was a little messy in execution compared to the manga. So for me, it was recently topped by Sun and Moon. The way characters acted and the music brought so much more emotion to the story than we had seen in the past two games, XY and ORAS. It was a long game that brought me a new challenge I hadn't had before. Also, the real villain was so striking and so dark, I loved the way this game could treat players like they were competent but give tips and pointers along the way.

4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Silver, it was the first Pokémon game I played (I got Red, Silver, and Gold together with some other Gameboy games, 2 brick gameboys, and a gameboy color), and the first game my dad played. I let him borrow it after I had deleted my save file and moved to Sapphire. I encountered so many glitches throughout the Gen 2 games, it brought me to a phase of glitch hunting and admiring the inner workings of games.

While today I would say B/W for story and S/M for graphics, Silver will forever have a place in my heart <3

5. Totalheartsboy

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.3
    For me it has to be Sun/Moon like Cadbberry said it broughts a lot of emotions that others games couldn't achieve it.
    Honestly its the first time that in a Pokémon main game i felt the emotion of it.

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I've been thinking about this and I think I'm ready to settle on Pokémon Platinum as my favorite. It just has the best balance out of everything I love about Pokémon. The world, the Pokémon, etc.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I played every game, every remake at least once. And I find that they all have good and bad sides. Choosing a favorite is very, very hard for me to do. But I will keep it to the main games to pick a favorite from. Right now the toss up is between SoulSilver and Black.

SoulSilver is the remake of my second Pokémon game, yet somehow became the one I always happily refer to as my first. I sucked at Pokémon at that time (couldn't read English very well), yet it was the first game I beat on my own. The cartridge went missing (I did get it back) and I didn't play the game until the remakes appeared. I found that I could finally understand the story and follow along with what they wanted me to do. No to mention I really like the walking Pokémon.

I think the one that stuck to me the most is Black though. This game had a heartbreaking story that wanted to shred the boundaries between good and evil, between Black and White and wanted us to see the million different shades between these polar opposites. I got involved, I brawled tears when I started to see the lines blur and felt confused and conflicted about what to do. In the end, I marched forward trying to see what would happen. fearing for the outcome. It was a darker game, filled with cruel realities and it was harder, so much harder to keep it real.