1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Comp / Tech Drones

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Aiko, Dec 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Have you ever used drones? What do you think about companies using them for shipping?

I find camera drones very useful for camera shots! during my marching band season we were lucky enough to buy one and use it to find errors in our show! I would love to have one to look at my town from afar.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My friend flies drones, they are cool and all, he brings them to school and shows them off. I don't really like them as I feel like they are kinda odd, mainly camera drones, my family was followed on vacation by a camera drone. They are neat to build and fly but I don't think they should be allowed to have cameras unless if it is for the news or a magazine company.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I've never personally used a drone although I find them to be amazing pieces of technology and opens up all new opportunities for everyday life. I mean I know someone who uses a drone to check the weather, his post and to check who's at the door. It's amazing! Despite this there is a lot of danger with them as well, if something goes wrong with a drone while it is being flown it could cause an injury to someone if it falls on them (although that's an incredibly small chance and is really just an unlucky coincidence), but like Cad said above, people are using them to spy on others and it opens up new privacy issues with either the public or media. Overall my stance on them would have to be neutral, just waiting to see how they grow and what they are used for as well as how they will affect every day life.

4. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Not a fan of them overall. They're already delivering packages (an early stage of doing so as far as I've been told anyway) and tracking folks, and militarized versions exist that I feel removes the pilot just a little too much from what they're doing..if that sentiment makes sense to anybody. When I see them I see tiny flying pieces of a looming globalized world order that I am absolutely against.

5. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I like the idea of them, but it seems that at least out here, it's very unlikely that ordinary people will have them and actually encounter issues with them for quite a long time yet, same with driverless cars. Raises issues but the reality of them spreading doesn't seem to be happening just yet. I'd be curious to try one, but I think I'm not very good at remote controlling things so it might not be so useful to me XD

6. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I like drones...well, I did, but I HATE the idea of being stalked by one. I have something against stalking...CLEARLY not because stalking is CREEPY AS HELL.
    #MissingNo

7. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I had the opportunity to test a Drone with Camera... I would say one thing: I wasn't made to drive those toys :/. I would like to see drones delivering stuff (but won't happen here that easily)

upload_2017-8-7_3-0-20.jpeg They have an episode that have drones delivering stuff:D