1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Professor Sycamore

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Megarai111, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Professor Sycamore was the hot young Professor we got along with the Pokémon region. He studies Mega Evolution. He's also the first Pokémon Professor to battle you during the story.

What did you think of professor Sycamore? Did you like him or not? Why? What's your favourite moment with him?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I liked his design but I was not a big fan of him. He didn't feel like a professor just some guy that was there. He was really not a supportive character like past professors and felt like he supported the villain though he didn't know he was the villain.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Pretty sure he was fresh on your in-game mom.

He was alright. Certainly one of the most generous professors. I liked that he lived in the major wealthy city where, you know, an educated professor would live and conduct business in an old and well-developed region, and that you had to travel just to meet him. Nice change of pace there.

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Let's all agree that Professor Sycamore is the hottest professor. We can do that, right? Right?!

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    He was different. Not the first younger professor, but he was the first one to live away from your hometown and be friends with the main villain of the story. I found him and his assistants to be very irritating after some time though.

6. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I liked his design and personal connection with the antagonist. However, I felt that there was a lot of missed potential and they could have given more detail into his relationship with Lysandre (maybe have Team Flare capture him and try and use him?) I'm not sure, I just kept expecting something to happen. I mean, why put in that relationship if it wasn't going to play a major part?

On the other hand, I liked him as a character. He had a nice personality and relaxed dialogue. Giving me another starter didn't hurt, either. I also liked how you could also battle him several times throughout your journey, even though it was rather pointless. I didn't like his assistants very much, though. They didn't feel too needed and it might have been better if he were the one to turn up and upgrade your Pokédex. It would have given him more time to develop as a character, too.

Overall, I quite like him as a character. He's not my favourite professor, but he's definitely not terrible.

7. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Can agree, he is the most dashing, and that it makes good sense for him to be in a developed area for his research for a change.

8. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Sycamore was in the middle. For crying out loud, Team Flare is all about making the world less ugly. Do Lysandre's words never cross his mind. About making a beautiful world. No offense but he's a dunce in that sense and not to mention useless in helping.