1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ideal episode length?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Megarai111, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    There is a huge variety of TV series out there, each with their own unique quirks, including episode length.

What do you feel is the perfect episode length for you? Why? Were there series you watched you thought of which the episodes were too long or too short in your opinion? Does episode length play a part in determining whether you want to watch something or not? Why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I prefer for an episode to be no longer than half an hour while including the intro theme, end credits, breaks, etc. 20-30 minutes is the ideal range for me.

If the episode is less than 15 minutes it doesn't seem like an actual episode and more like an extended clip or a youtube video lol. Episodes that reach up to an hour or more feel like a mini movie or film and not an actual episode on its own.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I enjoy the 30-minute episodes, some series really need it over the shorter time and it keeps me invested in the show longer then sometimes short slip episodes can. Other times 15 minutes episodes compliment the series greatly, allowing it to bounce around with a small contained story.

4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    It depends on the genre. For more dramatic live-action shows, 1 hour is perfect. If we're talking about something like comedic sitcoms or kid shows, half an hour at most. Most animations should also stick to half hour shows mainly because I feel bad for the animators. :(

5. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Depends what you mean. For a full showing, definitely 20-30 minutes, but if you're talking about 2 episodes per showing, 10 minutes can be serviceable. Look at shows like Dexter's Lab, Milo Murphy's Law, Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time and a slew of other shows that can get across a lot within that time frame. Heck, look at Over the Garden Wall. Every episode is only 10 minutes long yet they manage to cover everything they need to in each one.

6. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I guess I don't pay very close attention to it, the only thing ever to bother is me too short, because ad's in the middle and re-watching the opening sequence over and over again are a pain. Therefore I'd say my ideal length is just as long as possible really, I don't want to have to wait for other things I want to get on with the story with no interruptions :P

7. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I watch a lot of 45-minute-episode shows, which is probably the ideal length for me. Shows that are an hour or longer per episode are excellent for lazy days or long nights, but not so much for just turning on the TV and taking a break. Twenty minutes is probably my minimum, though it's sometimes nice to just plop on the couch and binge, say, Phineas and Ferb. However, episodes of that length I associate more with sick days than watching for fun.