1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Computer brands

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Megarai111, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Simple question.
    What brand is your computer/laptop? Why did you choose it? How old is it? If you were to buy a new computer/laptop, would you buy one of the same brand again or would you switch?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    This current machine is a Lenovo. It's a refubished office computer with maxed out RAM but only integrated chipsets as it was intended as a reliable office workhorse with long hours. I am a fan of Lenovo, they are not always pretty but they have a history of making. solid products

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm currently using a Samsung Laptop. I've had it for around 3 years now, and it's falling apart. Although it has a pretty nice design, the hinges are pretty much broken. I really wouldn't recommend it.
    If I bought a new laptop, I would probably switch to a Dell, I've heard pretty good things.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I own an HP Pavillion 360, it is a nice touch screen but I used to enjoy the computer but the processors are not too powerful. It is 3 years old and having a lot of issues. I want a more powerful computer, a desktop that I can maybe stream not only art from but games, this computer can barely play games with very simple graphics.

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I've used HP desktop computers pretty much all my life. They've been very reliable, they've never really had problems, and they're fairly sturdy systems. My first HP was when I got a computer with Windows 98, and I still have an HP to this day.

My prior computer was an HP Pavilion D4100Y, bless its heart, and it lasted for 11 (or was it 12?) years before I ended up retiring it. It's not dead, but it's incredibly slow and old, and was on the way out due to aging anyway. (Those of who who know me have witnessed my somewhat sporadic disappearances before; that was usually caused by a lot of lag on my RAM by my browser, forcing me to abort it and reappear 10 minutes later.)
    Now it's an HP Elite 8200 with some decidedly fine specs and enough storage and manpower to keep me going for another 11 years. Cheers, everyone!

My laptop is an MSI something-or-other, but my desktop is my main machine so I only draw on my laptop when I need a spare screen or a bit of extra processing power, usually the former. It doesn't do a whole lot of work. It has similar specs to my old desktop, but I haven't used it as often so it doesn't have the same problems.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I used a lot of different brands before I bought my Asus Laptop. And I don't think I am going to switch anytime soon, this thing isn't even two years old and works very well. Even If I dropped it...

7. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Mines an Acer, I chose it because it was cheap lol but it works well enough for me! It's a few years old now so it's lasted too. I'd probably buy the same brand again because once again, cheap.

8. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I currently have 3 on the go, the first is a macbook pro retina, 13inch 2015 model, the second is a 27inch huge imac desktop (older) and a macbook pro non retina 13 inch (much much older). They are all fabulously hard working and have never failed me, even the very old macbook that has had so much action that when it went to get serviced the people who service them were astounded that it hadn't simply died from the amount of use, and that was a couple of years ago now and it's still with me (could do with another service though, think the fans need a little clean out). The only thing the other two need is extra RAM which is just because I never get around to it, but even without it they can take me using hundreds of photoshop layers, multiple photoshops with multiple docs at once etc, and they have incomparable screen quality, being glass I suppose? They actually make the screen of my cintiq seem blurry and dull in comparison.

I could never really swap to something without a properly lit glass screen now because my eyes have got used to this clarity haha but if i did get a new one, I'd love one of the new macbooks with the touch screen panel at the top of the keys just because :'D haha

9. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Both of you -- Dell is a fantastic brand. I highly recommend every product they make, especially compared to HP systems. HP systems work fine for the first 6-10 months usually, then completely fall apart either physically or hardware-wise. I've never had a good experience with an HP system, and I can't say much for a Samsung desktop/laptop either.

Erza, bless your heart for having an Acer. When I go to an electronics store, I go to the Acer isle to laugh at their specs.

Obviously, I have a Dell. It's an Inspiron 3000 series, and I love it.

Cadbberry likes this.
  10. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Another HP Pavilion laptop user here. o/ This is my second HP laptop and I do so love the brand! I had a few Advent laptops in the past, and whilst those were tanky things, they started falling apart on me after a while. Never had a problem with my HP laptops so far, though with my current one there has been a few teething problems with its Windows 10 installation...

11. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Why do you constantly disappoint me?

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'm on a Macbook Pro. Can't see myself ever using anything else after having a Mac laptop for a few years, it's really sleek and performs much better than any Windows computer I've ever had. Can probably attribute that to having SSD though but other Macs I used in school/work/etc were also pretty great and crashed less. idk, maybe it's just me, but I really do love Macs. On the occasion I want to play games I can just boot to my Windows partition and be good to go. o7

13. Phazon

PokéPoints:
    ₽77.3
    I have an Alienware x51 R2 model desktop. It originally had 8GBs of Ram and a gtx 745 4gb stock video card, but I manually upgraded it to 16GBs Ram and a retail EVGA branded gtx 960 with 4gb ram.

Am thinking of upgrading to a 1060 6gb card.

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    It's a 2014 Macbook Pro. I love it. Deltheor was the one that inspired me to make the change and I've never looked back, it's great. Don't really enjoy the anti-Mac circlejerks online but it's whatever! I enjoy it and that's what counts. Never let people take away from your own happiness. :)