1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Year Resolutions!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Jan 2, 2017.

1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    It seems to be a trend that people try to start a over a new leaf in the beginning of every year. After all, it's a fresh start.
    What are some of your goals for 2017?

Personally, I want to get back in shape. I've been slacking, and it isn't doing so well for my weight. I'll probably do some dancing for exercise if anything. I want to try to get at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week.
    Also, I want to get my grades up, but that isn't important.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I want to put on some weight, I am struggling with my weight and just need to let myself relax and put some more on

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I need to jump back into my optimistic self! Somehow I can't help but feel as if a lot of bad things keep happening to me. I must find another way around it!

I also need to improve my results in mathematics and science, but mainly mathematics. I did extremely well last year, but my maths marks are differing greatly from my other subjects. I also need to maintain my scores.

Another resolution would be to be less anxious. I don't like being anxious, because it gives such a painful feeling all over. I must be more confident!

4. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I'd like to improve my drawing skills this year. I have the time but never get around to learning new techniques. Also, to be more outgoing. I tend to shy away from social situations if possible, and it's probably best to break that habit sooner rather than later.

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    To pass the course I have failed two times already. How hard can it be to pass with a passing grade? very hard.

6. The_Maxeroni

The_Maxeroni Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Mine would be to learn to accept myself since I've been struggling with that.
    Another is to accept change and just not to be stressed out so much, but school makes that hard. ^^;

7. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I have a few that I'd like to do!
    • Be a more positive person
    • Talk to family and friends more
    • Discover new bands
    • Maybe lose some weight?

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Generally hoping to stay more positive this year. I'd also really like to learn the keyboard! We'll see.

9. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Find some friends, like real good ones instead of just acquaintances to get close to who can like me for me despite me and form actual bonds, start training with weights again, and cut down/try to quit tobacco products.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I don't plan very well for long-term goals, as I can't visualise long-term events very well. I don't want to say that I don't care, but I'm more concerned on the here-and-now, as my life is very much performed and executed one step at a time. At present, there are two major things on my mind right now: try and lessen the amount of hatred that roils around in my head (or at least stop any existing emotions being forcibly converted into such); and learn how to best say 'no' to commitments.

The former is very much an eternal struggle, as emotions don't really go away for good - their impact is just lessened - but for me I find them very dangerous as they, more often than not, end up degrading into anger, and never for any good reason. The latter is due to my trying to make too many commitments to things; if I find a place where I believe I am able and (usually) willing to help, I offer my support, but I only have so many time and resources available to me, and lately I'm getting concerned that I will soon stretch myself too thin, if I haven't already.

11. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I plan to become more social this year and actually join in conversations instead of just being there. I also want to improve my writing and drawing.

And hug and pet more dogs.

12. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    To be more active across all my social media pages, to build them up actively! It's all apart of ensuring I keep up with my art and really make a good go of it :'D I theoretically want to make a living from it so making sure I practice plenty and get the word out there is crucial for that.

13. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Not to fall in love, not to pursue any romantic attachments and not to let my heart get broken again.

14. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Graduate!!!! (!!!!)
    And 100% like 20+ games that are in my backlog.
    And that's about it?

15. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I am a firm believer that resolutions are not just for New Years, so here are my really, really late resolutions.

First, my goal is to start putting more effort into everything I! I think will help me get better results on tests, and from my violin lessons and such.

I also want to be able to understand my personality better, sometimes it feels like I'm a different person altogether :sweat:

Finally, I want to work on exercising to make myself a lot stronger.

16. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My new years resolutions will always be to stay positive and don't be afraid to try new things every now and then.

17. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Perhaps I should resolve to be more punctual
    I want to get past my trust issues and maybe stop being so cynical. I also want to try music a bit more, because I love music and would maybe eventually be okay with performing it, so I'm working on that. I also want to get past my stage fright.
    #MissingNo