1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What is your Favorite Spin-off Game?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Morgaine, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    We often talk about what main game is our favorite game, but there are more Pokémon games than just that.

My favorite Spin-off games would be Pokémon Snap for the N64 and Wii U (rerelease) and Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia for the DS and the Wii U (rerelease). I played them on their original platforms, so forgive me if I am mistaken.

Pokémon Snap is a game where you collect Photo's of Pokémon instead of capturing them in Poké Balls. The further you get in the game the more paths you unlock and the more Pokémon you meet. You get upgrades to get better scores on your photo's and earn even more upgrades. The ultimate goal is to find a little mythical Pokémon and capture it on film. It is a really good game to just relax with and be done within a short amount of time, but every time you go on a course, the pictures will differ.

Pokémon Ranger: Shadow of Almia is amazing for a spin-off game. It makes full use of the touchscreen and is great for hours of fun drawing nothing but uninterrupted circles. And the resulting pain in my wrist was certainly worth every second of it. The story was great, the characters inviting, the gameplay was much better than the previous installments. It was a grand time to be scratching up my touchscreen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My favorite spin-off gotta the the ranger series but the Colosseum and X.D are a clear second because even if the Pokémon you catch on those games are limited they're more alike the main games than any of the others. I just wish they would do make more both or my favorite spin-offs I would love to visit Orre again or even a new region.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I got some enjoyment out of all the spin offs I played. But my favorite is definitely the ranger games, man I love those xD They have interesting characters and an actual bit of story. It feels like a main series game that just focusses a completely different group of people. I'm still waiting for a 3DS one xD

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    @[member="karatekid770"] Me too. The characters were great in all three games and I felt really connected in the first one. I once finished it completely 100% within 11 hours. I think I played it a bit much of I could do at. But it will be a very, very fond memory nonetheless. Also the extra missions were fun to do. The ones from the Ranger net.

5. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    The Ranger games were pretty great, but my favorite spin-off games would be the Mystery Dungeon series. Maybe it's just me, but they had interesting stories and many different characters. Plus, you were a Pokémon. That's awesome. I admit, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon was he first video game to make me cry, because the endings are really emotional. PMD is awesome.

One game I played all the time when I was younger and first getting into Pokémon was Pokepark: Pikachu's Adventure. Dear god did I love that game. I still play it from time to time for nostalgia.

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    My favorite spin-off game is probably Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2. That game is so nostalgic for me and I still go back to play through it even to this day. I feel that it did everything right as a dungeon crawler marketed towards kids. The story isn't mind blowing anymore but for the target demographic it was amazing.

7. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    If you count Pokémon Stadium 2 as a spinoff then that for sure, but also Pokémon Snap. I spent so many hours playing Pokémon Snap and did a school project on it and everything, was a fun game. Wish there was a new Snap for the 3DS updating everything and adding tons more Pokémon. Besides that though I could never get much into spinoff games.

8. arcy

arcy Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.2
    i definitely love the Pokémon mystery dungeons !!!! Like.. ur a Pokémon and i just love it ???? i dont really have an explanation as to why i love it so much,,,, i just,, do

9. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Much like @[member="Nate"] and @[member="arcy"], the PMD games are by far my favorites. PMD: Blue rescue team was my absolute favorite of the bunch, though now that place goes to PMD: Explorers of Sky :)

I really liked the Ranger series as well, yet I'm surprised that Nintendo/Game Freak didn't continue it. Three games wasn't enough for me, especially when the Wii U would've been a great system for it.

10. Phazon

PokéPoints:
    ₽77.3
    Probably Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Ranger series and Pokémon Conquest because I love the Final Fantasy Tactics style gameplay!

Also, Pokémon Snap on Switch please Nintendo!

11. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have a few favorites actually. The first is Pokémon Ranger. The only one I've ever played is Guardian Signs for the DS, but it was fun. And challenging. The style was unique and fun, and you got to ride legendary Pokémon and stop evil with your friends by your side. And the cooperative multiplayer was a great bonus.

I also liked the Mystery Dungeon games, more specifically, Sky. It was the first I played, and the best. First off, I got to play as Eevee. And the story was so engaging and emotional, I love every part.

Though my favorite would have to be Pokémon Conquest. I don't know how to explain it, except that the gameplay is a bit similar to Fire Emblem...oh, and you get to conquer a region that looks like a Pokémon. That's cool too.

12. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I love Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Explorers of Sky. I have made so many memories and finished perhaps 98% of it! I based it off my first HeartGold partner Typhlogan (yes, his name was spelt like that!) and his buddy Megani. I reached the final rank, and my team consists of Typhlosion, Meganium, Mewtwo and Ho-Oh. I always revisit it and continue exploring!

I also love Pokémon Conquest. Pokémon Conquest is a really enjoyable Pokémon game that I can play for hours on end - not literally, though! I love the style of battle, and the characters are especially memorable. My favourite warriors are Hideyoshi, Masamune, Ranmaru, Hanbei, Yukimura, Mitsuhide and Kenshin. I love forming links with Pokémon, yet my favourite part of the game would be the side stories and multiplayer battles. The end credits theme is amazing.

Another memorable game would be Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs.

My favourite, however, is Pokémon Stadium 2, and although I've never played it, I think it does justice to the many special Pokémon Trainers in the Kanto and Johto regions!

13. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Has to be Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time. I got it years ago and I still can't complete the post game however

14. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    This has got to be the Mystery Dungeon games for me! I loveddd the original Red and Blue rescue teams so much, and explorers of time/darkness/sky were nice too. But maaaan. Red and Blue. Without fail their stories are my favourite Pokémon story to date.

15. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    PMD: Explorers of Time, not only was it my very first game but I loved the storyline, music and the difficulty so the it holds a special place ^_^

16. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I really loved the ranger games, they were so unique and I SCRATCHED the heck outta my old DS because I played it so much. It was challenging and interesting, able to capture my attention for hours upon hours. I really only played the Shadows of Almina version but my brief playing with the Guardian Signs version was not as interested, I usually need to be impressed off the bat to get into a game, though.

I have to mention it since I did really enjoy the game, Pokémon Conquest. I loved the main story, it was a challenging game for me since I had never played anything like it before, I was devoted to beating all who stood in my way to rule to land. Though it only held my attention for the main story, not the extra stories you could play. That is where I lost interest, it did get repetitive to me and trying to complete the other stories left me confused and bored. It is a game I do consider worth the money but if you want a full game with interesting content that is very similar but better, play Fire Emblem Awakening.

17. Writer4fun

PokéPoints:
    ₽62.4
    Colosseum by far. Good plot, the feel of "I really am the last hope for Orre" because everyone else is powerless to deal with Shadow Pokémon or are being threatened/influenced, anti-hero who's older compared to what you're used to, Eeveelutions as your starters, limited options (arguably my favorite feature), two competent criminal organizations working together, grunts actually have threatening Pokémon, admins have good strategies that make you go nuts, a challenging story overall, a final boss with a VGC-esque team, Master Ball glitch ;) and the music. Oh man the music!

Miror B was goofy but he made me hate Ludicolo after what he did, Quagsire saved me from Ein, Dakim made me abuse EQ in the post-game, every member on my team was male for Venus *shudders*. Nascour having no music was weird at the time, but it's amazing how they did that to amplify the situation; his team was also powerful. Evice... that man made me slam my controller so many times I'm surprised it still works. His Tyranitar was busted beyond belief for what you had barring legends. If this game ever gets released for the 3DS, my money is going to be gone faster than an ice cube on a grill.

18. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Mystery Dungeon RRT was the first Pokémon game I ever saw a relative play, so me and my sister decided to get our own Mystery Dungeon games. Since I became a fan in the 4th gen era, EOS was the game that we picked. Even as I replay it sometimes, it's still a beautiful game that gives me that fuzzy and great nostalgic feeling.

19. Malfaria

Malfaria Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.2
    Ummm... Probably Pokémon: Gale of Darkness (Colosseum's Sequel). So much to do.(I'm lookin' at you Orre Colosseum!)

20. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    From what I have seen, I do eventually want to pick up both Pokémon Rangers and Pokémon Conquest, as they seem as a great new twist on the games. But from the spin offs I have played, I have to get go with Pokémon Pitcross.