1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Let's go sky diving!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Achromatic, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Is this something you'd ever consider doing? :D

The thought absolutely terrifies me tbh... but I might give it a try. It'd certainly be a great experience.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Nah I don't think I'm going to be doing this any time soon, unless I was getting paid a fair amount. The feeling of falling isn't fun.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Nope nope nope xD

Indoor skydiving looks really cool and I kinda wanna try that... But actual skydiving, never in my life. I'd be way too terrified.

4. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I actually have sky dived before. Funnily enough, after the initial few seconds of dropping out of the plane, it doesn't actually feel like you're falling. It just feels like you're in a super powerful wind tunnel or something.

I'd really recommend the experience, mostly just because the view of the world from that high up is the most beautiful view I've ever seen. *_*

Rafael likes this.
  5. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I'll actually agree with shinygiratinaz! Though I've never been skydiving, and I'm not allowed to unfortunately, I always dream of doing this! I love the air and the sky, and I've seen many people skydive before. I want to join them and feel the experience and the thrill!

However, I'll probably feel extremely nervous. If I'm afraid of petty rides for kids, then how will I fare up in the sky?

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    You couldn't even pay me to do something like skydiving. I don't live for thrills; they're actually detrimental to both my physical and mental health. I get shocked very easily, which is probably another drawback (and something I'm trying to mitigate), and on top of me not being a risk-taker in any capacity whatsoever?

No, I'm never going skydiving for any reason, ever, not without some suicidal intent.

7. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I really do want to experience it some day, but I think my fear of heights is going to get in the way...

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I'd do it with proper instruction and a professional there with me.

9. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Sometimes I think I'd be brave enough, but in total honesty, I think that's safely in the "never ever ever" list haha :P

10. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    No way, no how, I absolutely hate flights and falling like that is too risky and I am to scared to go up in the sky like that.

11. IceyEmmy

IceyEmmy Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.2
    As much as I am afraid of heights, sky diving looks really fun to me. I would love to do it, regardless of my fear... Though, I may only be able to do it once, cause all I would want to do after that is be on nice... decently safe.... ground

12. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Funny enough, this was a discussion a friend and I had earlier this week!

Both of us really want to go skydiving someday, but it's a problem at the moment as it's off-season. I think we plan to do it this summer though, so I'm extremely excited for it! Sure, it's terrifying. However, it's something I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember, and it's very high on my bucket list :)

I can hear you out on this, though. When I was little, I was afraid of heights like crazy (sometimes I still am). After I learned about skydiving, I thought immersion therapy would be a great effort :D

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    NooooOOoo... I can barely handle the thought of public speaking or skiing, much less skydiving. I doubt I'd even want to do it if someone waved $5,000,000 in front of my face. ; ; Bravery is not one of my prominent traits. hah

14. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Does indoor skydiving count--
    Cuz I've done that before and it was freakin' sWEET

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    That's a thing!? Would you mind elaborating on that a little? I've never heard of that before and, outside of some sort of wind tunnel, I don't know how that would be possible.

16. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Yes it is! This is how I did it and you're correct. I did this yearssss ago but it was basically a glorified wind tunnel that was vertical rather than horizontal. That said, if you moved your arms or whatever you would go soaring towards the top of the tunnel they put you in. Still. It felt so great just leaning forward and oh look, you're floating~

17. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Broooo Sky Diving sounds rad. I think I'd go for Vegeta's indoor one though, seems much less risky. Remember, parachutes sometimes do not work.
    Anyhow, I'm a thrill junkie as long as I'm safe, so I kind of want to experience flying in the air.

18. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    NEVER!!!!
    FYI, I have acrophobia!!
    *trying to calm down my goosebumps*
    *so heavy breathing!*

19. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm a little bit afraid of heights, but skydiving does sound pretty exciting. The fear is part of the experience!

... I'd probably start to get second thoughts once I'm in the plane, though...

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Nope, a thousand times nope, I'm afraid of heights and even if I've gotten better going to high places, sky diving is probably gonna be a tad too much for me.