1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite game-based animes and cartoons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HerbZ, Jan 11, 2017.

1. HerbZ

HerbZ PKMN Breeder

Ico
    (Geodude)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽105.3
    So, what is your favourite anime/cartoon based on a video game? Was it good? Or was it bad, but you still enjoyed it?

My favourite anime based of a game is Rockman.exe, or Megaman NT Warrior for non japanese audience.
    It's based of Megaman Battle Network games, but adapts them pretty loosely. It tells about Lan and Megaman, saving the world and stuff. Honestly, i like Axess and Stream series best, and a movie was also pretty good. 1'st season is probably the weakest, because most of this episode was about a tournament, that was pretty lame, honestly. I also hate the fact, that Lan and Megaman have to be saved by someone most of the time, and the fact, that Megaman is as bland as a grey toilet paper. But, i can forgive that, since Stream had some interesting characters. But, well, nothing can beat manga. (Except for Dark Mega, he was better in the anime)

So, what are your favourite game-based animes?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Dang! You know I was only thinking about this the other day! Gotta give it to Madhouse's Devil May Cry anime! Sure, the story was weaksauce, especially compared to the games and other tie-in material, but tHAT aNIMATION THO. Very Hellsing-ish, which was awesome! The episodes, if treated as individual stories, ain't half-bad either, it's just the finale felt so anticlimactic to me. (Forever annoyed at that Dante DT tease! Hah)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I have to agree with @[member="HerbZ"] I love the battle network series and the anime was a great way to have a different take on it yet still make it awesome and recognizable. Pokémon is another great one despite it's flaws (all anime has them, not just Pokémon).

4. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Digimon by a mile, although I don't follow it once it gets beyond the original characters. I just love it, it's everything Pokémon isn't, Pokémon as an anime is actually pretty disappointing because it stays with the childish theme and never lets it go, whereas digimon puts kids in mature situations and gives them the ability to cope with serious things. Pokémon seems to assume that no one ever goes through any character development at all . - .