1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Xenoblade 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nate, Jan 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    As many of you may know, Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favorite games of all time. The setting, characters, music, and gameplay were all spot on, giving me one of the greatest gaming experiences I've had in some time. Recently, at the Nintendo Switch event in Tokyo, it was revealed that Xenoblade will be getting a sequel, fittingly named Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The game appears to take a more anime approach when it comes to the art style of the characters. I'm super excited for this game as I wasn't expecting the original to have a true sequel. I wonder how they'll continue from the way that the original ended. What are your thoughts on this game?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    IceyEmmy likes this.
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have never played Xenoblade but I have seen the commercials and promo videos, seeing this does excite me though I don't think this game is for me. It looks interesting and very fun but I feel like it would be Skyrim or Xenoblade and Skyrim is something I am a bit more interested in playing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I am excited, I have watched a let's play of the Origional Xenoblade and I could not believe the quality of the story and the gameplay. Right now playing Xenoblade Chronicles X and I am loving it so far, even if I die every hour. I do wonder why they seem to be going for a more cartoony art style.

4. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I was super excited when I saw Monolith was working on another game, and I freaked out when the Xenoblade logo appeared on the stream! Both Xenoblade games are my absolute favorite games of all time, and the fact that there might be an actual sequel for the first is incredible. I do hope Xenoblade X gets a sequel eventually, because that desperately needs a sequel from the complete cliffhanger it left off on.

Regardless, I'm pumped for this game- Monolth rarely disappoints, especially when it comes to worldbuilding. They worked on Breath of the Wild, along with the Xenoblade games, and all of those worlds were incredible. I have high hopes for that, at least- not a huge fan of the cutesy-anime art style when it comes to the faces, but it is still in development. Things could change, and I'm sure I'll warm up to the style eventually. I can't wait for more info on the game; I just hope they take their time on it and make it amazing!

5. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    True, Monolith hasn't disappointed me before, so I am hoping on another spectacular game.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I haven't played any of the Xeno games before, but they all look awesome and I'll probably get around to playing them at some point. That being said, I really hate Xenoblade 2's art style. I'm sick and tired of the generic anime art style that's in so many games lately and it just seems especially bad in this one. The rest of the game will probably be great though.

7. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Yeah, the art style is really different fron the other ones and I am a but hesitant to hype about it right now. @BraviaryScout

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've never played a Xenoblade game but I've wanted to play Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X for a long time, so I'm looking forward to this at least just to see how is like.

9. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    The first two games are so amazing, I am actually wondering if 2 can survive the hype.

Hraesvelgr likes this.
  10. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    That's a good question, we've had hyped games take a nasty hit once released. I'm avoiding the hype in general because hype tends to lead to disappointment.

11. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Good idea. Lets just sit back and watch. One thing that I do like is the living weapon thing they already showed in the trailer.

12. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    I barely remember the trailer, I should really rewatch it since I do remember liking it.

13. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    It was in the E3 trailer, I believe.

14. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Yeah that's the one I watched, but I barely remember it.

15. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    It showed quite a bit of the game, not surprised it might have faded a bit.