1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Things in Pokémon that actually ANGER you

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Title.

When you try to run from an Abra and it says "You couldn't run away!" but then Abra literally just teleports away, ending the battle. Really. Really Abra.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Hm... I'm just going to make a list. I'm sure you will be able to taste the salt.
    1. Being forced to play without special Pokémon in certain facilities. Seriously, what's even the point if you can't play against others there anyway? I shouldn't have to do something I find as repetitive and boring as I find breeding and grinding just to stand a fair chance. These facilities are supposed to be fun, and it's no fun to lose most of the time. I'll be happy when I finally get to use Rental Teams in places like Battle Tree and the Battle Royale.
    2. The CPU trainers always seeming to have something that can and will sweep your whole team. There was once this trainer in Battle Tree who had Porygon Z that one shot my Kartana with Shadow Ball and my Talonflame with an electric type move. I didn't even bother trying to take it out with my Alolan Raichu.
    3. The CPU Tag partners in Battle Tree. Seriously, wtf. Why are they so stupid? And then there's the lack of communication with them. Seriously, if I played Multi Battles with another person, I'd have no trouble with strategy unless they other player refused to work as a team with me. Plus, an actual player would be able to predict their Hawlucha getting taken out in one hit and would actually use Hi-Jump Kick instead of Taunt. I'm looking at you Roda. I swear I'll just finish her off myself the next time she pulls it on me.
    All three of these together just make me want to scream sometimes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Especially when you've gotten super far in... jesus. I've had this happen to me many times.

4. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Super far? I can't get passed the first match in Singles with the Battle Tree, and every time I bring Xurkitree, my best Special Attacker, into the Battle Royales, someone always has a Ground Type first thing. Absolutely the only thing that can stop it cold besides Motor Drive, Volt Absorb, and Lightning Rod. I swear I'd give it a balloon if I had one since Ground Types seem to show up without fail.

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Try something bulky that can slowly whittle down your opponents like Toxapex! Might help. :)

6. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    *inhales*
    SOS BATTLES
    *exhales*

:')

7. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Trust me, the first thing I will use next time I play Singles in Battle Tree without the Rental Teams after that Porygon Z will be a Blissey. It makes a heck of a Special Wall, and it's immune to SHadow Ball, not that it matters.

How could I forget those. So freaking annoying. And only useful one time ever when I wanted a female Salandit to evolve into Salazzle. And maybe a time before that when I found a Chansey while trying to catch an Elekid.

8. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Mine's less game, and more lore... Heights... Are you telling me that I'm the same size as a massive fire dragon!? Other than that, it's grinding for BP...

9. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    "...is confused! It hurt itself in its confusion!" over and over again, and then when you switch out your next Pokémon gets it. Usually not that bad but sometimes luck is just not on your side, you smack yourself around every turn and don't snap out quick. FFFFFFFF

Trying to catch a Murkrow from the Safari Zone during Gen IV made me really pissed I can remember. Hard to find and when I did most of the time they frigged off somewhere else. Took me a while to get one.

10. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Not so much the games as the show--why does Team Rocket have to show up in every single episode? A lot of episodes would have perfectly fine plots if you cut them out or rewrote them with a different villain.

Owly likes this.
  11. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    The S/M anime has actually had a little under half of the episodes without Team Rocket. It's kinda refreshing to get a break from them.

As for what gets my fire burning, I'll say that it's BP grinding. I build my teams only for the story, not to some crazy Smogon level. And not to mention that the BP facilities stack the odds against you the farther you go along, it's almost impossible for me to earn a sufficient amount of BP in one go.

12. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Pretty much what I'm going through. I'm not sure which is worse with BP facilities, losing most/all the time on your own, or having to rely on a useless AI tag partner. I'd happily use rentals just to be able to have fun there. Having your high level Pokémon set to 50? I can live with that. Being forced to play on a super competitive level? Not so much.

13. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I haven't done much in the Battle Tree yet but I found BP generation to be not so bad in Gen VI. I will say however that the battle royal thing is awful for getting it, it's laggy as all hell and takes a while anyway, you can be winning and then suddenly just NOT, and if you get anything but first you get only 1PP. Screw that.

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    But what about the shinies!!! :(

15. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    What about the other Pokémon you've been trying to catch? I swear the next time I try to catch a Pokémon, I'm bringing something that can inflict Sleep or Paralysis just to keep another from getting in the way. Seriously, pretty much all the time I just want them to stop so I can catch the Pokémon I was after. I swear I have to go through like 10 Pokémon just to throw the Pokéball after False Swiping.

16. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I didn't really catch many regular mons but I agree it can be annoying. It's definitely a preference for shiny hunting though.

ShinyFlygon likes this.
  17. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Especially while you're Dexing. Any SOS Mons I'm after I'll look for on GTS. Same with fishing, which I should have put on my list too. Seriously, most of the time I find a Magikarp or an item, both of which I couldn't care less about finding.

18. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    And when you're trying to find Feebas in S/M. You literally have to save and every time you don't catch the fish, you soft reset and try again to save time.

19. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    For game related stuff: THE BATTLE MAISON/TREE. Why do I have to change my team to the team everyone else has just to feel like a good battler?

Also, I think my sister has heard this all the time, but only the "fanservice" champions being in Sun/Moon. ( Red/Blue, Cynthia) What if I wanted my Hoenn champions, and not Cynthia for the billionth time?

20. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I actually have had no problems with the Maison. The Tree and Orre Colosseum on the other hand....