1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Feedback Needed!

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by FireLucario, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FireLucario

PokéPoints:
    ₽70.2
    Hello everyone. I hardly know if this is the right forum to post this in as I haven't been on LV for over three years so please tell me where I should ask for feedback on story ideas if this forum is not the right one.

Anyway, I'm in a creative mood and I want to write a fanfiction. Problem is, I want to use a Pokémon who can become headless and I've no idea if I should really go through with it here or not.

So, I'd like to have some feedback on if I should go through with this story or not. Would anyone be against there being a story on LV with such a character idea? Depending on the feedback I recieve, I might go through with this idea or I might abandon it all together.

Thank you for your time and I hope to get enough feedback to make a clear decision.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    I think if you really want to write something like that then go right ahead, sounds like it could become interesting though I think people will think its wrong, if you can't then put it on FF.net

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FireLucario

PokéPoints:
    ₽70.2
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If I can't put it here, I can at least put it on FF.net if enough interest is shown.

4. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    By becoming headless do you mean like the Pokémon through the story gets decapitated? I don't think such a character on LV would be a big problem. While we do have rules regarding content they are reasonable and lax, as long as it's SFW and any gore isn't too extreme or it's not all about that, it should be fine. As long as you use common sense keep it closer to the safe for work side it should be just fine, people write and enjoy dark stories. If you plan on having it be particularly gory, maybe keep in might just how much would fall under 'safe for work' and maybe add some kind of "graphic content" warning in the title so those who don't wish to read about such things can avoid it.

If I've misinterpreted what you meant by "becoming headless" please let me know, I just gathered and was working under the assumption that you meant decapitation.

I think feedback threads like this are better suited for Creative Corner, where Literature Library would be saved for the writing itself, but a mod able to move threads in this section will likely look after that, no worries.

5. FireLucario

PokéPoints:
    ₽70.2
    Yeah, there won't be really any gore. I plan to have it be a magic thing and it'll just be a fur stump so I think I'm all good there. Now I just need interest. XD

Ah, OK, I saw a locked thread in the Creative Corner and I got kind of confused but thank you for clearing that up for me, I'll be sure to remember it in the future.

6. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Ah okay. Content wise that's perfectly acceptable on LV. As for interest well, it's hard to gauge that but the best thing there is to write the first chapter (or some other part of it) in your story thread and then see how many views and things it gets. Sometimes people won't reply to story threads to not break up the consecutive additions of a story but plenty of people do read it and I'm sure folks will give feedback if asked.

7. FireLucario

PokéPoints:
    ₽70.2
    All right then, I think I'll get a draft or two going then and get to work on characters. It may be a bit before I can post the first chapter as I like to take it slow with the design process, but please keep an eye out for my fanfic thread in the near future!