1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Let's talk about Ace Combat

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ikcatcher, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Ikcatcher

Ikcatcher Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽29.0
    So, I'm not sure if anyone here has really heard of this series, but I'm a really guy fan of Ace Combat.

What's Ace Combat?

Ace Combat (エースコンバット; Ēsu Konbatto?) is a hybrid flight simulation action video game series featuring 18 games published by the Japanese company Namco Bandai Games and produced by Project Aces, an internal development team. The series emphasizes fast-paced action and dramatic plots, and has established itself as one of the most successful arcade flight action franchises. (Excerpts from wikipedia)

The first game in the series, Air Combat was released on the Playsation 1 in 1992. But my love for the series actually began with the second game in the series: Ace Combat 2. I had so much fun and memories with this game, it was actually the first game that I actually 100% completed when I was young. So far I've played most of the main series games in the series, the latest one being on the 3DS, which is actually a remake of Ace Combat 2.

Now you might be wondering: What makes this series of flight games unique from others? Well the gist of it is that's it's basically Metal Gear Solid in a flight simulator game, it's the only one I know that gives just as much love to its plot and characters as well as gameplay.

But what do you think? Have you played any of the Ace Combat games before? If so, I'm curious as to what are your favorite games in the franchise, and also what's your favorite squadron.

Mine's definitely the Möbius Squadron from Ace Combat 04 Shattered Skies.