1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Journeys: My first trek through the Sinnoh Region!

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Miruto, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Miruto

Miruto Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    Chapter 1: My NOT so great head start!

In our world there are many strange and wonderful creatures, who inhabit it. These creatures are called Pokémon. These fascinating creatures are known throughout the world, they live with humans in harmony as pets. But in this world there are trainers, who work together with their Pokémon in battle. Together, both the trainer and the Pokémon create and shape a strong bond that strengthens both of their drives.

And this year in Twinleaf town, a group of 10-year-olds would leave their home and venture off to visit Professor Rowan of Sandgem Town to receive their first Pokémon. It was the duty of the professor to choose willing participants who would want to seek out the Pokémon in the Sinnoh region and receive their data. Only the most punctual, brave and cunning trainers are chosen for this task.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzz!"

In a small, quiet town there lies a two story home that held within one room a young man snoring so loudly that the whole house could hear the rumbling sounds of his unaligned breath.

The boy looked to be 10 years old and slept in a messy bed, inside of a messy bedroom. So many Pokémon actions figures and games were messily spread out across the floor. Even the way he slept was untidy as he was sleeping face first into his Snorelax pillow. In fact, everything in his room was Pokémon themed, proving that he is a great fan of them.

The boy has dark skin, brown eyes and spiky, black hair. He was currently wearing a pair of blue jammies and Jigglypuff slippers. On his nose is a single band aid hiding an old horizontal scar of his.

Slowly opening the door, the tall standing figure of a woman appeared from out of the light encroaching into the dark room.

"Unacceptable...I told him he would end up like this if he stayed up late. I should have known better than to allow him to stay up past 10:00..." Slowly raising a pan and ladle, the woman approached the boy.

"Mmmmmm..." The boy rolled around in his sleep and smacked his lips.

"Time to wake up, my little soldier..." The woman spoke quietly before banging the pot and ladle together to wake him up.

*BANG!* *CLANG!* *BANG!*

"Aaaaaaaaaaaah!"

"Michael Darla Albanese wake up this instant, soldier!" Shouted the woman as she banged the pan right next to her son's ears.

"Mom? Whoa!" Michael fell off his bed and into the ground headfirst.

"Get up, maggot!" Walking over to turn on the lights, Michael's mom's appearance was a very tall woman with a youthful demeanor despite her age with tanned skin, long black hair tied up in a ponytail, and brown eyes. She wore a white tank top with black sweatpants all the while wearing a camouflaged print apron.

Jumping up in fright, Michael gave his mom a salute, "Yes, ma'am! Up and awake, ma'am."

"You overslept maggot! Why are you still lazing around?" Michael's mom shouted in her son's face.

"W-Well, ma'am, I was having a nice dream until you-!" Michael tried to respond.

"Boy, did I give you permission to speak!?"

"No, ma'am, forgive me. ma'am!"

"That's good. Now you were supposed to go to Sandgem Town. 3 hours ago! Now did I raise a little baby Munchlax or a bonafide soldier!?"

"..."

Smacking her son behind the head, Michael's mom scolded, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! I asked for an answer, soldier!"

"I'm sorry, Mom. I thought you said I couldn't answer you until you gave me permission!?" The boy looked like he was about to cry, "Do I talk now, or do you want me to shut up..."

"*SIGHS!* Oh, dear...I overdid it again didn't I?"

Breaking her drill sergeant persona, Michael's mother then softened her face as she places her hands on Michael's shoulders and apologized,

"Forgive me, son. It's just that I expected you to be ready since this is your first journey. I'm just worried is all, and I just want you to be safe until you get your first Pokémon, understand?" Michael's mother fixed her son's hair.

"Hm! Of course, Mom, thank you! Just don't worry that much about me. I'll be fine." Michael chuckled.

"That's good...so get your butt in motion already, soldier!" Michael's Mom shouted as she returned to her former hardass demeanor.

"Yes mom, I mean sir, I mean ma'...!"

Michael nodded and quickly changed into his new set of travelling clothes. Placing on a blue baseball cap, a long sleeved black shirt with a red opened vest, blue jeans and black running shoes. Topping it all off, he wore a blue and green 2 strapped backpack with black fingerless gloves.

"Just get out!" Michael's mom screamed while pointing to the door.

Michael ran past his mom.

Michael's mom coughed trying to get his attention and points to her cheek, "Didn't you forget something?"

"Oh, right."

Michael ran back and kissed his mother on the cheek and said, "Love ya mom, bye!"

Michael's Mom sighed in disappointment and simply frowned, she was not ready to let her son go out into the world alone, yet. His simple mindedness and lack of knowledge would later get the best of him, but she had to buckle down and deal with it. He loves Pokémon and it wasn't too strange for a parent to let their children go to make names for themselves by doing what they loved.

Michael ran downstairs and entered the kitchen to see his mom's trusty partner, Electivire, making toast as its two tails electrocuted it to just the perfect amount of crispiness it needs.

"Bye, Electivire, take care and thanks for the toast!" Michael grabbed the piece of toast and smiled.

"Elec-ti." Electivire nodded.

"Why do I still hear the words of a child, who isn't out of my house!" Michael's mom voice bounced off the walls of the house.

"Yikes! Gotta split!" Michael ran out the house with the piece of toast in his mouth while rushing down the path to route outside of his town.

But before that he stopped upon a gravestone near the front of his house to clap his hands in respect and pray.

The gravestone said:

R.I.P.

In loving memory of:

Grey Albanese

"Welp, I'm off, Dad! Wish me luck!" Michael laughed.

"Why the heck are you still on my lawn? You're going to be late, maggot!" Michael's mom rushed out to the front gate holding what appeared to be cattle prod. Oh dear!

"Uh-oh! If she's brought out that old thing, then she really means business! Bye, dad just you wait I'll be able to become a true Pokémon Trainer, and then some by the time I'm back!" Michael laughed as he rushes past the gravestone and down the path out of Twinleaf town.

"Now get your hide in gear or else you'll be late!" Michael's mom stopped pursuing him and called out.

"I get it! See ya later, Mom! I love you!" Michael waved innocently to his mother as he left.

"Love you, too..." Michael's mom tiredly groaned, "Geez...Grey, why did you have to leave me with this troublesome kid...he's going to give me a heart attack one day."

'My name is Michael Albanese! Yesterday, I turned ten and received my Pokémon License. I was so happy, and excited that I stayed up all night and celebrated. Now, I'm late to get my first Pokémon from Professor Rowan, but I overslept and now have to hurry or the good Pokémon will be taken!'

Michael panted, remembering what happened just the other day.

(Flashback)

In his room, Michael was watching a Pokémon Battle between the Elite Four Bertha and Lucian on his television.

The battle between Psychic type and Rock type Pokémon was a spectacle for the eyes, both advanced trainers battling with their Pokémon to their hearts extent.

Michael chuckled and said,

"So cool! I can't wait to enter Pokémon Battles like this, too, and then I can be on par with the Elite Four or even the champion!" Michael grinned and twisted his hat back.

"That's right, I, Michael Albanese shall defeat the Sinnoh League Champion and take my first steps to becoming a true Pokémon Master! This I sw-!"

Suddenly the door was kicked off of its hinges by Michael's now furious mother, who happened to overhear her son's yammering while he was supposed to be in bed. Now it was 12:00 AM, meaning he was pushing way past the time, she allowed for him to stay up for.

"Michael Darla Albanese for the 10th time! Go to bed before I decide to use one of my horse tranquilizers to put you to bed myself, and this time I won't regret using the whole canister of darts!" Michael's mom threatened and cocked the dart gun.

"Yes, mommy!" Michael laid down in bed in almost an instant as he wore a panicked expression.

Present:

'But enough of that because now..."

"Man, oh man I am late! I'm so late! I can't believe, I overslept! This just sucks! But, hey, calm down, Michael, if you keep taking this path then everything will be just fine! And I really need to stop talking about myself in the third person! I mean, what kind of sane person would even do that?"

Michael stopped when he encounters a crossroad in front of him.

"Agh! Now which way do I go! C'mon, I've been here before, so...I bet this way is the correct path!" Michael jumped up and down worriedly, he looked from the right path to left and made a hopeful guess, so he took the left and entered through some trees. He was hoping it could lead him to Sandgem town.

But he was wrong, dead wrong. All he did was enter the nearby lake, nothing really stood out to him.

"Darn, I chose the wrong path! This is just Lake Verity!" Michael groaned as he looked at the surrounding mist covering the area.

"But man, now that I think about it. This place really brings back memories." Michael remembered when his mom would usually take him out here when he was little every day during the weekend. He used to have all sorts of fun when playing with the water Pokémon in the lake, but he was advised to not enter the tall grass in case of any wild Pokémon popping up on him. But as a kid, he of course broke that rule and was assaulted almost 4 times.

"I should probably get going, I hope the professor didn't give away all of his Pokémon!" As he stepped forward he heard a Pokémon growl, in fact, it was more of a soft one to be exact. He looked up at the lake's misty sky to see a being in vapor form dance around, once the being caught sight of Michael it quickly disappeared.

"H-hey!" Michael reached out then thought, 'I wonder what that was. Maybe it was a...ugh! I shouldn't be doing this I have to go get my first Pokémon and set off on my journey.'

It seems like nothing has changed since, then but he shouldn't be reminiscing he should be going to Sandgem town.

The teen decided to walk out the area, but accidentally walked through the tall grass and stepped on something. Michael quickly looked down to see what he had stepped on it was the tail of a Starly. The Pokémon grew angry at the teen and attacked him out of anger and pecked at his head a multiple amount of times.

"Ow! Knock it off!" Michael waved the bird Pokémon away while running out the area as the Starly chased the teen, it gave off many chirps and cries that gave off a suspicious meaning.

'What is it doing? Eh? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh!?' Michael's eyes popped out in fear.

"STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARLY!"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

As Michael finally made it back to Route 201 there was still troubling dangers ahead since an entire flock of Starly now flew behind the teen intending to put the young boy in his place.

"This escalated way more than it should!" Michael cried as he ran through the tall grass, "Come on, you bird brain! I didn't even mean to step on your tail, so just go back to pooping on people's cars or something, you dumb birds!"

Michael announced although the Starly flock didn't react too well to this comment and dived down at him.

"Oh dear...!" Michael then jumped into the tall grass avoiding the array of a group of Starly using aerial ace.

Picking himself up, Michael runs out of the tall grass as soon as they caught notice of the grass's obvious rustling. The once calm and peaceful route was now plagued with the cries of Starly and the terrified shrieks of a 10 year old boy. No other Pokémon were planning to stay out in the open while a mob like that was out, so they hid in bushes in the trees as the crying boy ran past them.

From ahead, a small Pokémon shrouded in shadows hid behind a tree looking left to right suspiciously, then walked forward, but to its surprise a panicked boy crashed into it, sending both of them crashing into the ground.

"Ugh, what was that?" Michael groaned as he sat up and saw the Pokémon in front of him it was a Riolu the Emanation Pokémon a rare sight to view in the wild, "Oh my god! I can't believe it! It's a Riolu, I didn't know they roamed around this area!"

"Grr!" The Riolu glared at Michael.

"Hey, why are you so mad at me!?" Michael gulped then smiled sheepishly until he remembered the Starly behind him.

"Ri?" Riolu perked up at the Starly flock and simply yawned in disinterest.

"Why are you so uninterested are you just trying to act tough?" Michael asked, earning a glare from Riolu.

"Hey, relax! I can't handle anymore Pokémon trying to kill me today, okay?" Michael gulped.

"Olu...?" Riolu questioned.

"Starly!" screeched in anger as the flock of Starly flying straight for the teen.

"Hey, Riolu. Do you think you can help me, like, back to back crane style kind of help me because this seems to be way too much for me?" Michael asked holding a kung-fu stance, but the Pokémon he needed help from simply ran away at the sight of all of the angry Starly.

"Wait, what? You're leaving me alone!?"

"STAR-STAAAAAAARLY!"

"Oh, crud!" Michael ran as soon as he saw a legion of Starly using aerial ace, their sharp beaks were too slow to touch him as he ran to keep up with Riolu.

"Riolu, please! Please help me!" Michael cried.

"Grrrr!" Riolu growled at the boy and used its superior speed to try and shake him off.

"No, wait don't leave me with them!" Michael tried to reach out for the Pokémon, but then tripped on a rock. Laughing at the boy's sudden fall, Riolu failed to see the rock in its way and tripped over it instead.

"Ouch! Quit it! Ouch! Ow!" Michael cried in pain as the Starly started to peck at him from all directions.

"R-Ri..."

"Huh?" Michael gasped when he saw that most of half of the Starly were attacking Riolu has fallen as well. And the Starly were more or less violent with it more than him, and upon realizing what was going on Michael moved without a thought through the swarming Starly and shielded Riolu with his body.

"Aaaaargh! Hold on, Riolu! I've got ya...Ow!" Michael roared, taking scratches and pecks to the head as Riolu gazed at the trainer it was trying to abandon earlier.

Wincing in pain, he looked down at Riolu and apologized, "Sorry, that I caught you up in my mess, so don't worry. I'll get you out of it right NOW!"

Holding Riolu tightly in his arms, Michael began rolling through the swarm of Starly. They couldn't stay flying in place if he forcefully rolled on the ground, giving just enough time to toss Riolu through a few nearby bushes.

Standing up, Michael was met with more Starly trying to get him, "Get back! Back I say you dumb angry birds!"

"Rio-lu..." Riolu looked at the trainer in worry.

'Maybe he's too hurt to move! I gotta get them away from here!'

"Get away! Ugh! These things are persistent!"

Sensing that Riolu was still there, Michael took off his backpack and started to swing it at the Starly pushing them back just a little so that he could run away from the area. Thankfully, it works and the Riolu could escape whenever it wanted to. Sadly, for Michael, he couldn't get that far without the Starly ganging up on him.

'These Starly are getting on my nerves...I have to-I have to-!' Getting frustrated with getting pecked on the head and scratched at, Michael shook with anger.

"You know what forget this, crud!" Michael shouted and threw his backpack at a few Starly who managed to dodge the desperate attempt to fend them off.

Michael turned to face the Starly flock and decided to accept what would happen to him as he opened his arms up grinning, "I'm sick of running! If I'm going out, then I'm going doing something I love. Doing a BIG monologue!"

"Look here you, Annoying Angry Birds! My name is Michael Darla Albanese. Pokémon Master Wannabe. Today, I have been through many hardships, but if you think I'll be afraid of you any longer, then you're sorely mistaken. I have two choices today, I can stay here and probably die courageously, or flee like a coward and live a little longer. But let me tell you all something. You may take away my life, but you can never take my-!"

"STAAAAAAAAARLEY!"

The flock of Starly flew down at the teen and pursued him for the final attack.

Michael panicked, "W-Wait, I wasn't finished!"

Suddenly, from out of the bushes came out a blue blur which shot itself into the air and at the flock of Starly. The blur was so fast and strong enough to knock each Starly out of the air by hitting one and bouncing off of their falling bodies to attack another Starly. It took Michael to blink once before it was over.

As all the Starly dropped to the ground like flies, the teen gasped in awe as if a miracle had saved him, or a blue dog Pokémon to be exact.

"What just happened?" Michael blinked as he looked over the sea of fallen Starly before landing his eyes on the Riolu standing in front of him.

"Did you do this?"

"Riiolu!" Riolu smiled excitedly and nodded.

"Um, thanks for saving me, but why didn't you run away?" Michael wanted to ask out of curiosity, but the sound of footsteps and yelling caught his attention.

"Riolu, there you are!" shouted a rough old voice.

"Riii!" Riolu eeped and hid behind Michael.

"Hey! What's going on, you hiding from him?" Michael asked as he looked up to see a grown old man in front of him he had a white beard, blue vest, blue pants and brown loafers and in his hand was a suitcase. Familiar with his appearance after watching television about his Pokémon reports, Michael gasped, "Wait a minute, Prof. Rowan."

"Sorry, young lad, it would seem my Riolu has caused some trouble for you. Don't worry, I'll be taking him back now." The old man reached his hand out to the Pokémon hoping it would come with him, but to his surprise it shook its head and grasped onto Michael jeans,

"This is both shocking and troublesome indeed."

"Huh?" Michael asked.

"You see young lad, this Riolu is Pokémon from my lab. I've raised him from when it was only an egg after my old student, and colleague sent him to me. Today was bustling with so many trainers, so it got too excited and ran off when I was busy with the hubbub of giving trainer's their starter Pokémon." Rowan explained.

"I see..." Michael blinked.

"But I must thank you for holding onto him before he could get into any trouble..." Rowan trailed off as he saw the fainted Starly piled on the route behind Michael, who was completely covered in scratches and bruises.

"It appears that I may have spoken too soon." Rowan bowed his head, "Please excuse, Riolu for any trouble he has caused you."

"Huh?" Michael tilts his head then notices himself being covered in dirt and scratches, "Oh! This? Pfft! Nah, this is normal compared to what my mom puts me through."

Michael shrugs off the injuries and continues to smile with a small winch in pain.

Taking heed of the boy's use of the word "Mom" Rowan had to make a guess as to who it was, "Dear boy, your mom wouldn't happen to be Melody Albanese would it?"

"Yeah, why?" Michael asked.

"I see..." Rowan took that as an ordinary response and nodded, "That just confirms it. I'll take you back to my lab as thanks for taking care of my Riolu, Michael Darla Albanese."

"Um, sir, I'm just Michael Albanese. I don't use my middle name because it always reminds me how my Mom wanted a daughter instead of a son." Michael sounded like he wanted to cry, the many torturous years of his mom venting out on him for being born a boy. So she decided to use the name she planned out for him to have to be his middle name instead.

"I understand, Michael. Well, as you are already aware. I'm Professor Rowan, the man who was tasked with assigning you with two other children their Pokémon." Rowan stuck out his hand.

"Nice to meet you, sir." Michael shook the hand, "I'm sorry that I was totally late. It's just that I overslept, my mom got mad at me, then all of the Pokémon here wanted to beat me up. To be honest actually this day was supposed to be the best day of my life, but it ironically turned terrible..."

Michael comically cried as he wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

"Don't worry, my boy, I understand the trials you must have faced, but be glad. Because I'm just glad to be giving you your first Pokémon to prevent any further incidents like this from ever happening again, and I'm quite sure Riolu is glad you met him, too, isn't that right?" Rowan looked to Riolu.

"Riolu!" Riolu climbed on Michael shoulder and smiled.

"Thanks." Michael smiled.

"Now let's return to the lab so I can give you your Pokédex and Pokeballs." Rowan lead Michael and Riolu to Sandgem town. The town was rather peaceful, and serene just like Twinleaf town, where Michael originally hails from. With his lab being the first building to come across, Professor Rowan leads Michael inside, but stops when the doors open as someone was already coming out of them.

"Whoa! Look out!" Michael wasn't paying attention and bumped into him, falling on his bottom, he groaned, "Jeez, more pain today..."

"Watch where you're going."

"Huh?"

Looking up, Michael saw that he had bumped into a 10 year old boy, he has spiky red hair with black highlights and red pupils. He wore a red jacket unzipped which showed a black t-shirt with the image of cross bones and a skull on it, black jeans with blue sneakers, and a dog tag necklace around his neck.

The look in his eyes didn't seem all that friendly to Michael, but he knew that judging by a cover was never good either.

"Oh, hello there, Tristan. What are you still doing here? I would have thought you had left for Jubilife city with the other one who also came to get their Pokémon." Rowan asked the mysterious youth.

"I was just asking a little more about you research, professor. I just came to ask a little more on some of your research about evolution before heading out, and plus I hate crowds." Tristan stated.

"I see..." Prof. Rowan stroked his beard as he examined the boy more closely.

"I see now that Pokémon in their pre-evolution stages are no match for their final evolution forms at all. Meaning more experience equals more power, am I right?" Tristan asked.

"That's right, but it's not set in stone that a pre-evolution could not beat a final evolution Pokémon." Rowan brought up, "Each Pokémon has their advantage and disadvantage. Pokémon battles are the only way to exploit the true nature of their abilities to the fullest for victory. For you see certain final evolutions may seem dominant over the specific types of Pokémon while they are most vulnerable to those that go naturally go against their type and nature."

"I understand...but that makes the choice of weeding out those "certain" Pokémon who won't be so easily defeated that much easier." Tristan clenched his hand and engaged in a tense stare down with Rowan, who very well knew what kind of trainer this young man would be.

"Well, maybe...but I think any Pokémon could win any battle if you decide to put everything on the line with them. They fight hard for us, so you should put your faith in them as friends, too." Michael popped up in between them, breaking the tense atmosphere.

"Hi, I'm still here y'know." Michael sheepishly waved his hand and turned to look at Tristan, "And its nice to meet you, Tristan? Right?" Michael turned around and received a nod from Rowan.

Being the nice guy he was, Michael extended his hand out towards the boy,

"Hello my name is Michael Albanese. Looks like we're both starting trainers so let's try to get along." Michael smiled, but gasped when Tristan just walked past him.

"Excuse me, professor. I have to set off right now, distractions like this will only hinder me." Tristan ignored Michael's introduction and walked away.

"Hey! I'm trying to be nice here by introducing myself, pal!" Michael growled.

"Grrrr!" Riolu growled at the rude trainer.

"If you want to be polite then at least look yourself. You're a filthy mess. Get yourself clean, then I'll consider shaking your hand, and...bother to remember your name." Tristan said, coldly as he looked over his shoulder and gave Michael the most piercing of glares.

'What was that all about?' Michael couldn't help but glare at Tristan's back as he left.

"It would be best to leave him be for now. You still need to get yourself cleaned along with getting your equipment before heading out." Rowan reminded.

"Oh, yeah. Lead the way, professor!" Michael snapped his fingers and laughed.

"Now let us go in." Rowan walked in the lab as Michael followed still angry that the teen ignored him. But that anger subsided when Riolu hopped on his shoulder and rubbed its cheek into his own playfully.

Getting himself cleaned up, Michael was able to bandage some of the scratches on his body along with cleaning out the dirt from his clothes. The lab offered most of his services to make him feel welcome and relaxed as he grew better enough to speak with Professor Rowan inside of his main lab room.

As he entered, Michael saw a spectacle of researchers using machines to examine their findings on either fossils or Pokémon in general. There were a few of the native Bidoof and Shinx being used for some Aides to study.

As Prof. Rowan led Michael to a nearby table, he picked up 5 pokéballs,

"Now before I get into the heart of the reason why you're here. I'd like to speed up the process by giving you these devices. They are what you call a pokéball, they will help you catch more Pokémon and be their containment unit to hold them inside and are much more an easier way to carry them by minimizing their size for when you're traveling."

"Whoa, my very own pokéballs." Michael took them and strapped them to his belt.

"Professor, we brought in the 3 other remaining Sinnoh League Starters just like you asked." A female aide pulled in a cart revealing the 3 Pokémon kept within their pokéballs.

"Wait, you have more starters?" Michael asked.

"Of course, after hearing from your mother about how you wouldn't make it since you would be late. I decided to go easy on you by gathering the few that were left." Rowan said.

"Hehe...she called you didn't she?" Michael asked.

"You should be happy. Your mother really does worry about you, so don't think too much of it." Rowan smiled.

"Right. Thank you, sir." Michael nodded, 'Thank you, mom. You're overprotective meddling saved me...'

"Now you're already familiar with the Sinnoh Starters, I presume?" Rowan asked, "You have your choice of picking Chimchar, the Fire Pokémon, Piplup, the water Pokémon, and Turtwig, the grass Pokémon."

Thinking it through, Michael tapped his chin then looked to Riolu who was looking rather sad. The prospect of befriending someone and having them soon leave was really hard and difficult to deal with. A smile growing on his face, Michael raised his hand,

"So I can choose any Pokémon I want?" Michael asked.

"Of course, any one of them."

"Then can I choose, Riolu?" Michael asked and Riolu gasped in happiness.

His eyes widening, but then turning back to normal, Rowan asked, "Are you sure about that choice? May I remind you that Riolu wasn't one of the Pokémon that I laid out as a starter. Is there a reason why you want to choose him?"

"Actually, its just that I've grown to like him so far, and it wouldn't be fair to leave him like this while I develop a relationship with some other Pokémon. He helped me, and I helped him so I think he could really help me on my journey." Michael nodded.

'So that's the kind of trainer you'll be then, huh?' Rowan didn't sound grave when he thought that as he actually smiled at Michael.

"Yeah, I guess I understand why you don't want to give him to me since he can cause me trouble, but I can handle it." Michael laughed until Riolu growled and bit his new trainer's leg.

"Ouch! Quit it, I was only joking, pal!" Michael chuckled as he winced in pain.

"He's more than come to accept you by now, so you two may actually become good friends." Rowan nodded and knelt down to Riolu, "And from now on you won't be running off to just that route anymore, you'll be seeing the world now which will be bigger, so be safe, okay?"

"Ri-Riolu!" Riolu excitedly nodded.

"Good, and finally this pokéball belongs to Riolu. It's your choice whether to ball him or not." Rowan smiled and handed Michael a Pokéball with a blue flame insignia on it.

"Hmmm...I think I want to keep him out, y'know, for companionship." Michael smiled as Riolu cheered.

"Now there is one last thing to do, Michael Albanese. Do you love Pokémon with all your heart? Do you want to know more about them and get closer to them as you travel through this vast worlds of ours?"

"Yes, sir!" Michael nodded with excitement

"Then I present to you a Pokédex, the encyclopedia of Pokémon itself." Rowan hands Michael an orange Pokédex which looked more like a DS.

"Awesome." Michael was breathless as he gazed at the piece of technology in his hands.

"It's completely empty, so it's your duty to get the information to fill it with." Rowan explained.

"Okay, then. So for my first try, I'll use it on Riolu." Michael smiled and points the Pokédex at Riolu.

"Riolu, the Emanation Pokémon. Riolu is a very agile Pokémon. It may be small, but it is an extremely powerful Pokémon. The Pokémon also has the ability to gauge the emotions projected around a person's body." Dexter said.

"One down, tons more to go." Michael smiled.

"Knowing you, you will probably get half way through with it in no time." Rowan smiled.

"Heck yeah! If I ever want to be a Pokémon Master, then I have to work hard and see every Pokémon that I can on my journey!" Michael cheered.

"Rii!" the dog Pokémon cheered.

"Do you have any plans about how you will achieve your goal?" Rowan asked with an amused tone.

"Well, uh..." Michael's eyes turned beady as he froze, he didn't really know that much about being a trained, in fact, he didn't know what it took to be a Pokémon league champion. He thought they just signed up for a tournament to decide those things.

"If I may, how about you battle the 8 gym leaders in the Sinnoh region? They are elite Pokémon trainers who get challenged by trainers that are deemed worthy enough to part in the Sinnoh League." Rowan smiled, "Trainers from all around gather to that one spot to test their skills, and teamwork with their Pokémon. So I suggest as a final test, why not go accept that challenge and prove your strength?"

"Really? Amazing, that sounds cool! Alright then, I'll participate in the Sinnoh League by taking on the main 8 gym leaders in the Sinnoh region!" Michael vowed as he looked to Riolu and grinned, "Ain't that right, partner?"

"Riol-uu!" Riolu cheered and jumped on his new trainer's shoulder.

"Now you'd best be off or your other rivals before you will leave you completely in the dust." Rowan waved.

"Oh, darn! That's right! I can't lose to them!" Michael ran out the lab excitedly and wave to Rowan, as he latched his hand onto the door while looking back at the professor with Riolu, they both had big smiles as they shouted, "Thanks, Professor Rowan, we're off now!"

Opening the door, the light of the sunlight slowly seeped in and covered the leaving boy, dawning the beginning chapter of his life.

And thus the boy's adventure into the world of Pokémon began!

Next Chapter- Michael vs. Tristan!

So I wanna thank you guys for reading this and I hope you have a great New Years! I'm Out so Peace Out!

2. Miruto

Miruto Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    Chapter 2: Michael vs. Tristan!

With their adventure already beginning, both Michael and Riolu made their way through to Route 202. Their stay in Sandgem town was quite short because of the time they took to prepare Michael with the necessary equipment for his journey. Now excited about venturing off for real on his own, Michael looked at the various Pokémon and trainers that filled the route. But it wasn't just the prospect of being a trainer that excited Michael the most.

"I'm finally alone for the first time! With no mom or any other adults watching over me. This means I can say dirty words without getting in trouble." Michael looked from left to right before whispering, "Wiener...Hehehehe! This is so cool! Right, Riolu?"

"Ri-olu!" Riolu nodded.

"Now what is our first plan of action my first Pokémon, and roundhouse, Riolu?" Michael rubbed his chin.

"Ri..." Riolu simply shrugged and imitated his trainer by rubbing his chin.

As Michael walked down Route 202, he anxiously looks around to see many types of Pokémon and trainers. The perks of being a trainer were that you can capture your very first Pokémon. An experience that Michael wanted to do since it would define another aspect of what kind of trainer he would be.

Riolu, who was resting on Michael's shoulder he didn't want to be in its Pokéball for some reason.

"Hey, Riolu, lets make a new friend!" Michael smiled.

"Rio-lu!" Riolu smiled.

"Now all we need to do is pick a Pokémon, but where?" Michael walked around then saw a wild wolf like Pokémon sniffing the ground.

"Oh my goodness. Look..." Michael whispered and pointed at the Pokémon as Riolu nods.

"Time for us to go all predatorial on it! You ready, Riolu?" Michael grinned as Riolu nods, as they instantly crouched down and hid behind a couple of bushes.

"Hm, a Shinx? Welp, time to check my handy dandy, Pokédex." Michael took out his Pokédex and points it at the Pokémon.

"Shinx, the Flash Pokémon. This Pokémon can temporarily blind its foes when it senses danger, by creating a dazzling light show with its electrified fur." Dexter stated.

"Cool, a Shinx! Okay, Riolu, let's make some friends!" Michael smiled and closed Dexter, and pointed out of the bushes, "Go get 'em, Riolu!"

"Riiio!" the Pokémon roared and approached the Shinx.

"Shi...?" Shinx looked at Riolu in confusion, then growled in self-defense as Riolu approached it with a grin.

"Alright...my first battle with a wild Pokémon...let's get it on! Riolu, let's start this off with a quick attack!" Michael rushed out of the bushes, and gave a command.

Riolu charged at Shinx with quick speed and tackled it. The attack seemed to have caused some damage.

"Shinx!" Shinx charged up its electricity, then roughly bit Riolu's arm. Riolu staggered back in pain and tried to latch the Shinx off of him.

"It's okay, Riolu, calm down. If he won't get thrown off, then use the distance to keep attacking. Use Low Sweep!" Riolu swept its left leg into Shinx's legs knocking the Pokémon off of him and falling onto the ground.

"Now finish it off with a Quick Attack!" Riolu's high speed tackle blew Shinx away as the cub Pokémon tumbled and crashed into a tree with its eyes swirling in defeat.

Michael grinned and brought out his Pokéball, "Your mine! Go, Pokéball!"

Michael threw the Pokéball at the Shinx as it balled the wild Pokémon it wiggled 3 times until it stopped.

*PING!*

"Did I really do it?" Michael gulped as he approached the Pokéball and picked it up after noting no chance of it opening by itself he was overfilled with joy, he jumped in the air and cried out,

"Yeah, I caught my first Pokémon! Who's the man! Who's the man!" Michael danced embarrassingly as Riolu pumped both his arms into the air and cheered.

"We finally have a new friend, Riolu!" Michael smiled.

"Riolu!" Riolu grinned.

"Now let's say hi to him. Shinx, come on out!" Michael brought out Shinx as the Pokémon was out it opened its eyes and stared at the 2. Michael smiled, "Hey, Shinx! Nice to meet ya, I'm Michael, and this is Riolu! We're so happy to have you as our new friend!"

"Riolu." Riolu walked up and held out his paw.

"Shinx?" Shinx tilts its head at first but takes the paw and shakes it with a smile it seems that it has started to take a liking to its new trainer and fellow Pokémon.

"Great, now let's move forward!" Michael smiled as he led his 2 Pokémon through the route.

"Hey, you!"

"Huh?" Looking over at a little boy running towards them, Michael asked, "What's up?"

"I just saw you capture that Shinx and I have to say it was quite impressive!" The boy grinned.

"Seriously? Thanks!" Michael chuckled and rubbed his head.

"So what do you say we have a Pokémon battle so I can see how you fare against a real fight!" The boy took out his Pokéball.

"A battle? My very first trainer to trainer battle? Heck yeah! Let's do this thing guys!" Michael earned the approving cheers of his Pokémon as they grew farther apart from one another. Their travelling however was cut short when they were stopped by a youngster, who caught glance of his Pokémon and wanted a battle.

"Okay, Shinx, let's go!" The youngster brought out a Shinx.

"All right, Riolu, let's do it!" Riolu ran forward and grew ready.

"Since I declared the challenge, you go first."

"Thanks, Riolu, use quick attack!" The speed up tackle knocked Shinx back.

"Shinx, use bite on Riolu!" Shinx bit Riolu's arm.

"Riolu, quick use endure!" Riolu endured the attack, then pushed back Shinx, "Now shake him off!"

"Rioollu!" Riolu spun around and tossed him off.

"All right! Now use quick attack!" Riolu's quick attack pushed the opponent's Shinx back and crashing into the ground, as it lost about a medium amount of damage.

"Use Bite again, Shinx!" the youngster cried as the Shinx prepared to bite Riolu one more time.

"Dodge it, then use Low Sweep!" Riolu dodged to the right and swept its leg against the Shinx's leg tripping the Pokémon. Once Shinx fell, the battle was already decided. The youngster's Pokémon had fainted, so the win automatically goes to Michael.

"Yeah, we did it! My first Pokémon Battle that I won!" Michael cheered.

"Riolu!" Riolu cheered and ran back to hug Michael.

"Good work, Riolu! Hahaha!" Michael laughed and gratefully hugged his Pokémon.

"Nice game." The youngster stuck out his hand.

"Yeah, you too." Michael smiled and shook the boy's hand.

"You did awesome, Riolu." Michael smiled, then turned to Shinx with a delighted grin, "Next time I'm going to use you first Shinx. I want to see what your made of too."

"Shinx!" Shinx excitedly nodded and looked forward to the prospect of battling with his new trainer.

"Now all we have to do is go to the next city from here which is..." Michael crossed his arms in thought then frowned, "Actually, I don't have a clue about where we're going...but we'll cross that bridge when we come across it right guys? And besides this is a straight path its not like we can get lost or anything right...right?"

Looking at their trainer with disbelief, both of the Pokémon could tell that he was expecting some assurance.

"It's okay...we can make it out of here...we won't end up as lost children like in that LOZ game I had..." Michael began to panic, "I'm an independent trainer who can do anything he puts his mind to. So I shouldn't worry and..."

Through his delusional murmuring about being on his own, Michael continued to walk up the trail, where he spotted the familiar boy from earlier scrolling through his pokédex.

'Hey, isn't that the-?' Michael remembered the rude boy from Prof. Rowan's lab, 'Oh, right its him...he didn't seem all that nice. But hey maybe he was just in a hurry, and mom says that bad first encounters are just the first stepping stones to a strong friendship.'

"Ri!" Riolu growled at the sight of the trainer, but relaxed when Michael patted his head.

"It's okay, Riolu. Let's not hold any grudges, this guy might be a really neat person once we really get to know him." Michael smiled, and ran towards the boy with his Pokémon beside him, "Hey!"

"Hmm?" Tristan looked back to see that newbie trainer running towards him, but this time he wasn't coated in dirt, "Oh, it's you..."
    Michael finally caught up and felt the cold weight of his words.

'Sheesh! At least say hi back...' Michael thought.

Michael grinned, "You're that kid from the lab, right?"

"If you bothered to run over here to ask me that then I should obviously be the guy you're asking about, right? Tristan groaned.

Taken back, Michael looked away, "Er...y-yeah..."

"Then don't ask such a redundant question..." The boy groaned and rolled his eyes.

'Okay. Things are getting a little shaky, but reel him in with that introduction.' Michael stuck out his hand and smiled,

"Hi, it's nice to finally get acquainted with you. My name is-!"

"I already know your name. You practically forced it on me during our first meeting."

"O-Oh...right...and I heard from the professor that your name is probably...Tristan?" Michael asked.

"My name is Tristan Silvers."

"Wow, that's a pretty cool name, Tristan...! Tristan~! Tris-!" Michael tried to fix the tense mood by singing.

"What do you want?" Tristan asked.

"What?" Michael blinked.

"You obviously came here for something or else you wouldn't have ran over here." Tristan had that no nonsense look on his face.

"W-Well, I just came over here to introduce myself is all, and maybe get together and travel since we both got our first Pokémon together..."

Pinching his temples, Tristan said, "Look, you obviously don't get it, so I'm going to tell you this flat out. I don't want to play nice with you. Just knowing your name is just a waste of space for my memory. I only want to train my Pokémon to their absolute limits to become absolutely powerful. Unless you're offering yourself as a stepping stone for path to make them stronger than your worthless."

"Hey, you don't have to be so mean about it. I was just trying to be nice..." Michael frowned and clenched his fist.

"I'm just saying as it is because you'd just repeat the same thing over if I didn't blatantly tell you straight up. And besides you I actually intend to get results. The way you showed up late and missed your chance to get your first Pokémon like the others I met, makes you a slacker." Tristan pocketed his hands and turned away from Michael, "And you let your Pokémon out and about when they're not even battling or resting. You do know that constantly keeping them out like that will just cause trouble?"

"So what if they want to be out then let them! I want my Pokémon to be happy and when they're happy they can do their best in battle!" Michael growled.

"In battle? Ridiculous. Pokémon only do their best in battle when they evolve and have greater power. You're just trying to justify spoiling your Pokémon." Tristan crossed his arms.

"That's not true! Pokémon from big or small can battle their best even without evolving. All that matters is your trust in them."

"I trust their strength when they actually show some considerable results that suit my taste. If not, then they don't deserve any of my time." Tristan narrowed his eyes at Michael.

"No! You can't just give and take trust. When you capture a Pokémon you have to put full trust in them!"

The two were at an impasse in their argument. They were warring sides with differing views that would never meet an actual compromise. Their intense stare down lasted until, Tristan clicked his tongue and began walking off.

"Forget it. A slacker like you wouldn't understand." Tristan turned to leave.

"Watch it! I'm no slacker, and don't get it wrong! I want to become strong too, but with the full faith of my Pokémon that's what a Pokémon Master is all about." Michael shouted as Riolu and Shinx growled.

"Stop spouting off nonsense. Being a Pokémon Master means that you're the strongest trainer in the world. Unsurpassed power.
    That's what it means."

"You don't get it! You can't just be thinking that way. Pokémon aren't just objects, they breathe and are our friends!"

"The only friends I need are the ones that will grant me success. If they can do that much then I'm content with using them like this." Tristan shrugged.

'This guy...there's no way I can be friends with him...' Michael trembled and raised his fist.

"That's it! Let's settle this with a Pokémon Battle. My Pokémon against yours!"

"Actually that sounds like a good idea. I'll show you, your place. How about a 6 on 6 battle." Tristan said.

"Six on Six!?" Michael screamed.

"What? Should we go lower to a 3 on 3 battle then?" Tristan asked as he pulled out a Pokéball.

"Uh...I only have 2 Pokémon." Michael sweatdropped and gestured to Riolu and Shinx.

"Pathetic...now this battle beginning to look pitiful than I imagined. Fine, then 2 on 2 it is, but I doubt you can defeat just one of my Pokémon." Tristan looked disappointed at the outcome of their battling choice.

"We'll see! Go, Shinx!" Michael points ahead as Shinx hopped forward and growled at Tristan.

"Chimchar, standby for battle!" Tristan sends out a Chimchar.

"Chimchar?" Michael points his Pokédex at Chimchar.

"Chimchar, the Chimp Pokémon. This Pokémon fire is fueled by the powerful gases in its stomach not even rain can put it out." Dexter explained.

"That's one of the Sinnoh starters, huh? No matter, Me and Shinx got this right, boy!?" Michael smiled.

"Shinx!" The cub Pokémon nodded.

"If you're done talking, I'd like to start." Tristan groaned.

"Okay, Shinx use tackle!" Shinx charged at Chimchar.

"Chimchar, dodge, then use fury swipes!" Chimchar dodged the attack and scratched Shinx multiple times.

"Hang in there, Shinx!" Shinx took each attack and stood its ground.

"Hm..." Tristan was not impressed.

Michael grinned, "That a boy! Now use bite!"

"Shinx!"

"C-Char...!"

Shinx bit Chimchar's arm inflicting a moderate amount of damage on it.

"Break free, and use dig." Chimchar scratched Shinx's nose to break free and dug into the ground, hiding from clear sight.

"What? Where did it go?" Michael gulped as he panicked and looked around for Chimchar.

"Now." Tristan said right on queue.

"Chimchar!" Chimchar dug from underground and uppercuts Shinx.

"Oh dang, Shinx!" The electric Pokémon fall was hard as it was defeated in one attack.

The 1st round went to Tristan.

"That was dull. That Pokémon barely lasted." Tristan yawned.

"Grr! Shinx, return!" Michael returned Shinx into its Pokéball and looked at Riolu, "You did good out there, Shinx! Okay, Riolu, buddy you're up!"

"Ri!" Riolu ran forward and faced Chimchar the two Pokémon glared at each other.

"Ember." Chimchar fired small orbs of flames at Riolu.

"Riolu, use Quick Attack to dodge!" Riolu's speed was unmatched, it quickly dodged the orbs and charged straight at Chimchar.

"Chimchar, use Fury Swipes!" Chimchar scratched Riolu many times but the attack showed no effect.

"Heh! Riolu, use Low Sweep!" Riolu swept his foot and knocked Chimchar into the ground, "Now wrap it up with a quick attack!" Riolu charged at Chimchar with great speed.

"Chimchar, use Dig!" Chimchar got to its feet and dug underground dodging the attack.

"That dig move, again?" Michael growled as he noticed Tristan watch him with that rough glare of his.

"Riolu?" Riolu searched around frantically for the Pokémon.

"Darn it! I have to think of a way to get around that move or it's actually going to be over for us..." Michael said, then closed his eyes and thought, 'Wait, Riolu can sense other beings with his aura. Maybe I can use it to our advantage!'

"Riolu, quick try to sense Chimchar's aura before attacking with quick attack!" Michael shouts.

"Riolu!" Riolu nodded and concentrated as it searched for Chimchar. After a while a red flaming aura was heading towards him with this Riolu reacted and jumped back as Chimchar reemerged from the ground.

"What?" Tristan growled.

"Now attack!" Michael commanded as Riolu used quick attack and pushed Chimchar back. The chimp Pokémon tumbled back, injured and winced in pain.

Michael grinned, "Hah, how do you like that!?"

"Interesting, you and that Riolu have some talent "some" but that doesn't mean Chimchar will lose so easily. Now Chimchar finish him with Flame Wheel!" Chimchar charged at Riolu and spun around creating a spiral flame like body.

"Riolu, quick, use your Endure!" Michael ordered Riolu nodded and stood its ground taking on the attack but the flames massive burns broke through the defense and burned Riolu defeating it.

"R-Rio-lu...!" Riolu sustained so many burns that it passed out.

"Riolu!"

Michael ran to his fainted partner and picked him up, "Riolu, are you okay? Speak to me!"

"That battle was somewhat interesting, but too bad I had to end it though. Ignoring a checkmate move would just drag this out." Tristan smirked as Chimchar climbed his shoulder smirking with its trainer, "Slacking like you did costed you the fight and the brains to actually comprehend the right thing to do with that Riolu. You basically told it to withstand an attack that its literally weak to. I guess this puts our argument to rest today."

Tristan began walking away to leave the defeated Michael on his own.

"Grr! Just you watch! One day, I will beat you, bet on it!" Michael grinded his teeth, "I'll never accept your way of thinking! It's just not right!"

"Hmph! Then keep on struggling it'll only accomplish nothing." Tristan walked away as he puts his hands in his pockets.

"Darn it..." Michael growled and hugged Riolu tightly, "Darn it...darn it...darn it!"

The bitter taste of defeat was getting to him. It felt so heavy and painful to lose so badly to a trainer who would have easily crushed him had he used all of his Pokémon.

'I-I need to get better...I can't let a guy like that go after doing this...I-I...we need to get stronger!' Michael let out tears of frustration as began to hug Riolu too tightly.

"R-Ri..." Riolu tried to move but only shivered in the pain the burns Chimchar gave to him.

"R-Riolu! Sorry about that and don't move too much buddy. You'll only make your wounds even worse. Let me take you someplace to get you and Shinx healed." Michael said as he looked at his injured Riolu.

'But where? I don't know any place that heals Pokémon.' Michael cursed himself for his lack of knowledge on the world outside of Twinleaf town. The place didn't have any places that could heal Pokémon as no one would ever partake in any Pokémon battles in the quiet little town.

"Excuse me, are you okay?" a feminine voice asked.

"Huh?"

Michael turned around to see a 12-year-old girl standing over him. She had long curly orange hair, pale skin and gray eyes. She looked to be fit for her age as she wore a gothic Lolita fashioned dress with black shoes. In her arms was a Misdreavus that along with the girl looked at the boy in confusion.

"P-Please help! My Riolu and Shinx are hurt badly, and I need to help him! Do you know of any place I can take him to heal!?"
    Michael asked in a panic.

"W-Whoa! Calm down!" The girl backed up a little and noticed Riolu's burns, "And you're right! You're Riolu needs help right away!"

"Do you know of any place I can get him to be healed at?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, there's a Pokémon Center not too far from here. It's a place to heal your Pokémon when they are too hurt to move." The girl explained and ran ahead, "Follow me! I'll show you the way."

"Thank you!" Michael began running by her side, "I really appreciate this uh...sorry, but what's your name?"

"Oh, that's right how rude. My name is Sarah Valentine, and this little one here is Misdreavus, nice to meet you." Sarah smiled.

"Misdreavus!" Misdreavus cheered.

"Whoa, a Misdreavus." Michael opened his Pokédex and points it a Misdreavus.

"Misdreavus the Screech Pokémon Misdreavus feeds on the fear of both People and Pokémon by using its instilling but unsuspecting Banshee-like cry." Dexter states.

"Well, I'm Michael Albanese!" Michael frowned and gestured towards Riolu in his arms, "And this guy here is Riolu, my pal."

The injured Pokémon groaned in pain, and Michael could only wince out of sympathy towards it.

"Nice to meet you, Michael." Sarah smiled, "Perk up, Mike. Everything will be fine, okay?"

"O-Okay, thanks..." Michael slightly cheered up and continued to follow the older girl's lead,

"Don't mention it, now let's hurry to that Pokémon Center!" Michael and Sarah ran to the city up ahead. The very first city that Michael will ever come across, the city of flashing lights and boisterous people, the city known as Jubilife City!

Next Chapter- Welcome to the BIG City and...the return of the Starly Swarm!

I kind of like the FOIL rival I set up for Michael. It will make for an interesting character later on since I've already made his entire backstory. But to be honest I had to envision the perfect jerk to make him sound like this and it's pretty hard...but I think I did good so far.

Now we move onto Jubilife City where we'll encounter a new friend that Michael made. After his crushing defeat what first steps will he have to take to learn about his loss? Stay tuned for the next chapter?

Well, I'm out, so Peace out and have a nice day!