1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Grinding

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Jan 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I've spent all day trying to train my shiny Golisopod to level 100 in Sun and it's proving to be such a difficult task. I'm getting close to level 89, and from that point I'll start using the Festival Plaza to gain those final levels. BUT MAN. Why has it gotta be so hard? I'm strugglin'.

Which game do you guys find is the best to grind in? Are you a frequent grinder?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    You don't even know how much of a grinder I am. It's like I have a fear of matching my opponents level or something.

I found it somewhat easy to grind in DPPt, all because you can rematch people with the VS Seeker. Definitely easier than RSE, which grinding is a pain for considering the messed up level curve at the League. I've also found it a little hard to grind in S/M because there are really no suitable places outside doing the League again and again and again.

I can see why some emulators put the speed up button in the program now...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FireLucario

PokéPoints:
    ₽70.2
    You are not going to believe this but I enjoy grinding. I grind for a long time in Persona 3 Portable thanks to the awesome battle music and fact that I need to be strong enough for each Shadow boss every full moon. I also like grinding in Pokémon though the last time I got a whole team to Lv. 100 was in XY.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Best Pokémon game to grind in the ORAS, Pokémon got to Lvl 100 so easily especially on the battle resort, all the high level people who wanted to battle over and over make the grind so simple

ShinyFlygon likes this.
  5. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    The grind in Sun and Moon is more pronounced than ORAS and X and Y, but you know I really don't mind grinding. I've spent tons of time grinding in games and I see it as part of the game, part of the JRPG genre (at its core Pokémon is a JRPG). I've spent hundreds of hours maxing out everyone in numerous FF games, same with Black 2, Y and OR, and a bit in Disgaea which takes grinding to ridiculous extremes. Grinding is okay with me, sometimes I even find it relaxing.

The grind in Sun and Moon is more pronounced than ORAS and X and Y, but you know I really don't mind grinding. I've spent tons of time grinding in games and I see it as part of the game, part of the JRPG genre (at its core Pokémon is a JRPG). I've spent hundreds of hours maxing out everyone in numerous FF games, same with Black 2, Y and OR, and a bit in Disgaea which takes grinding to ridiculous extremes. Grinding is okay with me, sometimes I even find it relaxing.