1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Who are Kahili's parents?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by FifiandFurrball4ever, Jan 22, 2017.

1. FifiandFurrball4ever

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽167.7
    Random question but who do you think elite 4 Kahili's mom and dad are and why?

My answer: Wallace and Winona from gen 3 because she shares design elements with both, uses flying types, and could have grown to her current age between gen 3 and gen 7 if she was norn before then when Wallace and Winona were dating in adventures canon

2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    If I recall correctly it's stated in the games that her parents are the owners of the Grand Hano Resort. I honestly don't know why it would be someone significant tied in with another region anyway, doesn't make sense to go that length if you're not going to bring it up in the game (thus making it so theories about it are unnecessary)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I find her very odd, shoved into the E4 and we dont even really know her and then she is now one of the strongest trainers Alola has. In end though her parents are just the owner of the resort, though we dont know who they are my guess is no one important enough from past gens to not be mentioned by name.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I agree with the theory of Wallace and Winona.

5. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Well, I don't think it would be Wallace and Winona, since they appear to be a tad too young for a daughter of Kahili's age. I don't think that they are the owners of the Halo Grand Resort, since Kahili's parent's are the owners of the place. Their similarity in appearance could probably be because the types Water and Flying are often associated with the colour blue.

Cadbberry likes this.
  6. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    It's not even a sensible thing to need a theory about though, the games literally tell you who her parents are, the Hano Resort owners.

7. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    So what are their names?

8. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I can tell you they aren't Wallace and Winona, outside of fanfiction. It makes zero sense to have two major former characters taking a role as parents of an E4 member and owners of a major location and then not make a point to reference it anywhere at any time in game. The owners are rich NPCs who aren't given names because they aren't important to the story-like the majority of NPCs. Remember when they announced Red and Blue? And how Colress got his own cutscene even though he's basically irrelevant to the game? They make a big deal about past appearances, they wouldn't have this Hoenn shipping baby E4 member and not make a point about her heritage...yet the only point they ever make is "her parents own the resort".

9. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    They have done these kinds of references before. Remember the Blue references in Kalos.

10. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Yeah, except there they explicitly stated "Professor Oak's grandson" came to visit, it doesn't really match up to this. Now if the game made reference that the owners of the resort were former Gym leaders, then there could be something.

11. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Okay, I'm always one for theories, but this one doesn't make an ounce of sense outside fanfiction. Her parents are just two unnamed NPCs. If they weren't random people we'd never see, they would probably bring out names, but since they don't it's logical to assume her parents are just people we'll never see.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are no replacements to either Winona or Wallace, so if there were to leave for Alola there would basically be no Hoenn League. Not to mention that they don't seem like they could fit into a lifestyle out of battling (and contest in Wallace's case). Also, Kahili looks to be around the 20-30 range to me, so I'm pretty sure a Gym Leader and a Champion couldn't be gone from Hoenn for that long.

Looking at it from a headcanon stance, it's fine to think so. Heck, that's what headcanons are for, they're your own view and interpretation on the Pokémon universe! But from a more logical standpoint, the theory makes no sense.

12. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Can I just say this? In the Ruby and Sapphire manga, they really hinted at a possible love relationship between the two, so it isn't just fanfiction, but as evidence from the creators.

13. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Manga canon≠game cannon. Maybe it will pop up in a manga story some day, who knows, but it's not evidence related to actual game canon. Makes zero sense as far as official game canon goes.

14. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Like Cadbberry, I thought it was weird Kahili was in the Elite Four anyways. She's kinda looks like Steven's daughter (Hoenn champ), with the design and all. Dunno. Steven's father is the president of Devon, he might be the owner of Hano. Never put much thought into the resort past a money source from Pyukumuku chucking, but this is interesting. I'll poke around post-game to see if I can get anything new from the place, like a cutscene that reveals her talking to Steven or something. Maybe something can trigger that? This is the gen for bring back characters, anyways. Could happen.
    #MissingNo

15. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I can see how people can jump to this conclusion but I find several problems.

1. Physical characteristics aren't enough. She looks like wallace, winnona, steven, and a few other chacters I can't quite place. This is common because the same people came up with them and she is based off of an art style set in the series.

2. Said characters would never be gone from their regions that long. While they could manage from afar, that wouldn't be practical from a business standpoint.

3. Said characters were never mentioned at all. If it was them then there would have been a bigger info drop. The parents weren't significant so we never see them or get their names.

4. The Manga are their own universe. Yes they share chacters and other similarities. It so does the show and it is separate too.

It's a fun theory to toy with but it homestay doesn't work for me outside of fanfiction.