1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Pokémon Professor

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Arc1Dragon, Jan 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    What is your favorite Pokémon Professor and why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am a Rowan fan, mainly his Manga appearance had me enjoying him as a person but I did like his interactions with manga. I have issues basing it off the games alone since some professors, ehm Sycamore, or nothing to your character, they are just another person.

Though Kukui is pretty fun and I enjoy him a lot, he is my number 2 pick.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DeathxVictory

DeathxVictory 空̛̜̝͎̪̥̣ͪ͢虚̩̩͕̫̜̠̲ͫͤ

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    GS Ball ★★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Premier Ball ★
    [​IMG]
    Professor Juniper​
    Why?: Well she was the prof. who helped fund and research into dream world. So the only female prof. and the fact that she helped us all get our DW Pokémon. I find that freaking cool.​
    Kukui is a runner up. i never expected him to be so... out there as a prof. hah​

MCOury1998 likes this.
  4. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    ​I would have to say Professor Ivy, for she looks damn fine, and she studied the original Alola forms. Also, she makes Brock happy.

5. MCOury1998

MCOury1998 Negaishipper

PokéPoints:
    ₽66.5
    [​IMG] Pr. Juniper

Not just because I'm a serious Genfiver, but also because she's the only female Pokémon professer (besides Dr. Fennel...but I mean regional/person who gives you your Starter). Also, she's practically a paleontologist, as she studies fossil Pokémon!

As a paleontological enthusiast myself, I love this fact about Pr. Juniper! (weird thought...I keep thinking that she's potentially Delia's sister/Ash's aunt. There's just some things about the Junipers and Ketchums that feel too similar to be simply a coincidence! ;))

You know what'd be funny...is if in a BW remake/BW2 sequel...is that the Striaton Trio are discovered to be the Shadow Triad and kicked out of the Striaton Gym. Pr. Juniper takes over, becoming a Rock type/Fossil Pokémon Gym Leader...to also further her research on prehistoric/extinct Pokémon. Gym Badge would be the 'Fossil Badge'. 2-on-2 or 3-on-3.

[3D='archen'] [3D='archeops'] [3D='tirtouga'] [3D='carracosta'] [3D='tyrunt'] [3D='tyrantrum'] [3D='amaura'] [3D='aurorus'] [3D='shieldon] [3D='bastiodon'] [3D='cranidos'] [3D='rampardos'] [3D='anorith'] [3D='armaldo'] [3D='lileep'] [3D='cradily'] [3D='genesect'] [3D='relicanth] [3D='omanyte'] [3D='omastar] [3D='kabuto'] [3D='kabutops'] [3D='aerodactyl']

6. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I'll go with Professor Birch! Not only is Hoenn my most favorite region, but Prof Birch studies such an important role in the Pokémon world, Pokémon distribution and habitats. If we didn't have the Pokédex's feature to show us where to find a Pokémon we wanted, we could always ask Hoenn's Pokémon Professor.

And he kinda looks like JonTron too

7. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    The Striaton Trio can't be the Shadow Triad. If you did the Memory Link it's shown that they battled each other in the time gap. Also I thought it was the normal type gym leader that was the paleontologist

8. MCOury1998

MCOury1998 Negaishipper

PokéPoints:
    ₽66.5
    Lenora is an archaeologist. Two very different things.

9. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    I know they are. Just haven't played gen5 in awhile

10. Jhopthegamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽117.5
    I like Professor Juniper and Professor Oak mainly because Professor Juniper is the first female Professor and because Unova is one of my favorite regions and I like Oak because I like his sprite from the games and he's the OG Professor

Arc1Dragon likes this.
  11. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'd have to say Kukui as he's so involved the the game's story and has a nice design. He's so lively that I can't help but love him.

The runners up would either be Rowan or Juniper. Rowan as he's from the first Pokémon game I ever played through completely and I always saw him as this cool old guy (as well as that, the fact that he gave zero cares that Team Galactic was threatening him and started to casually ask you how your journey was going made me love him even more). Juniper because she plays an interesting part in the story due to the fact that the villainous team is strictly against her cause. I just find that so interesting. Also, she has a great design.

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I think, Professor Elm actually. He is a klutz and is constantly confused and looking for things, but he feels like a person even in the games.

13. masterofmalor

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.6
    Kukui, he's just so likable, also I modeled a team of mine after his Elite Four match and it went surprisingly well.

Day Form Lycanroc
    Snorlax
    Decidueye
    Alola Ninetales
    Magnezone
    Braviary.

14. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I liked Kukui the best honestly because I felt like throughout the game I got to know him more. I also found him to be funny and actually relevant past "Hey here's your starter ok you can leave now see you in the credits!"

15. FrennyDaFren

FrennyDaFren School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.4
    Sycamore or Kukui. Sycamore's hair was on point (It's amazing!) and I personally like his style. Kukui's personality and his involvement in the story of Sun and Moon was surprising and I really loved that we had a better connection with him.

16. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    It's a tie between Kukui and Prof. Juniper for me. They're both pretty engaged with the stories they're set in, Kukui even more so. But Juniper was the first person to actually ask that very important question:
    "Do you regret setting out on your Pokémon journey?"
    I always say no to this. Pokémon has influenced my life a lot, and I wouldn't be who I am now without the series. Thanks Juniper.

As for Kukui, actions speak louder than words. He's just a fun-loving married man, and he's the first Professor in the series that you get to fight legitimately (Oak doesn't count, that's scrapped content). And he's married to Prof. Burnett, the very same person you see in Pokémon Dream Radar. ...Do people still remember that mini game? The one where you get the beast forms of Tornadus, Thunderus and Landorus? ...Maybe? I thought that was neat.

17. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I love Juniper and Sycamore! Those two are very beautiful & handsome. Also a fan of Oak since he's the original professor and started it all. <3 But I like them all really, even Rowan. A lot of people seem to find him intimidating haha.

18. Kimochiru

PokéPoints:
    ₽82.7
    Wasn't Professor Rowan involved in the plot a little bit? I think he teamed up with Looker against Team Galactic at one of the Trio Lakes (it's been a long time since I played...). I think he's a pretty awesome professor c:

Kukui is a lot more 'out there' though. He's casually involved with the main characters, instead of being an authority figure. I can see why people like him.

19. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Professor Kukui and Professor Oak are my favorites because they both not only excel at Pokémon research, but apply it to battling as well! Professor Oak challenged the Elite Four back in his younger days (I think he was a champion as well at some point but I don't remember that much from the manga) and Kukui assembles the Pokémon League and challenges you for a champion title. Both of them have a lot of involvement in the story of the games and are always helpful (that lucky egg saves so much time grinding lol).

20. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I have a soft spot for sycamore because of what a huge dweeb he is in the anime but also the fandom's characterisation of him (labeling Pokémon medical diagrams with labels like "booper snooter" for nose and "bitty feeties" for feet.)
    Also, unrelated sorta but a few points in the game I actually thought he was gonna reveal him self as working with Flare and I thought that would be the coolest twist ever?? When is that gonna be a plot point with one of the professors?

Also Kukui because he's a canon dweeb and he's got great interactions with the characters.