1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Miitomo

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Cadbberry, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    This app was an interesting way to get people to add and meet and greet people using miis and questions. I think it was fun for a while but overall it is lacking now as a game or social media attempt. Though the game got a recent update to make it easier to get game tickets, it is just a cash grab at this point.
    What do you think about the app?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I agree. There isn't a whole lot i the way of content, and it is fairly difficult to obtain clothing, but I like it as a social media concept, I just think that it ends up falling a little short to actually take over. Whe it first came out I played quite a lot actually, and I particular liked the photo feature. Sadly I just didn't have a lot of friends to interact with, and the reptious nature of some of the questions got old.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry likes this.
  3. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I did enjoy it for a time, but getting clothes was always a pain. I ended up getting rid of it because it wastes quite a bit of space on my phone, and it wasn't as enjoyable as the other games I had. But it really was interesting, though the only friend I had was my bro, lol.

4. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    Miitomo's fun! I don't usually bother with clothes and tickets and stuff unless I see something completely ridiculous (my current outfit is a Christmas present suit with a banana hat). I really like the messenger sidekick mechanic they added in as well as the answer central. My friend and I mostly just post on other peoples answers and our own with in-jokes and puns. We made a friend that way of whom as just as great a fondness for puns, if not more! The main thing I don't like about it is something I brought upon myself; I added way too many friends that I don't know so now I have to sift through a bunch of random answers to get to answers from people I care about. I hope they make it easier to unfriend people en masse because the way it is now, the page reloads every time you press "remove friend".
    I wouldn't say it's a money-grab, since it has comparatively few ads (in fact I don't recall seeing any) and it rarely asks for more than a review on the app store. It's not in your face about buying tickets, the system is just a bit tedious.

btw here's my twitter in case anyone wants to add me~

5. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I had low expectations for Miitomo, and it barely met them. It seemed to try so hard to be a social media game, but it just didn't pull it off well at all.
    Software that can really only handle question-based interaction is usually doomed, just like ask.fm. It starts and ends as a fad.

6. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I avoided it because I can tell that apps with premium currency are designed to take advantage of completionists by forcing them to pay to complete things properly, and it sounds like I was right with what I heard people say about the clothing. I didn't want to feel sucked into it.