1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

True God or False God?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sonic Ramon, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    [​IMG]

Which one do you prefer the most and why? Arceus or Silvally? :3

Artwork not made by me, btw.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Arc1Dragon and MCOury1998 like this.
  2. MCOury1998

MCOury1998 Negaishipper

PokéPoints:
    ₽66.5
    [3D='arceus']

Arceus, of course. Once I see Type: Null/Silvally in the anime....I might like it a bit more than I do currently (maybe eventually even more than Arceus). That's happened with a few Pokémon...(namely Yungoos/Gumshoos)...I might not really like it until I see it in the anime.

3. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    [3D='arceus']
    Of course arceus. I rather stick with our classic god of the Pokémon universe. (Not just because arceus has my initials) Arceus basically was the blue print for Silvally. That knock off can't compete the ones who brings judgement to Pokémon and humans ;}.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Arceus was at one point my favorite Pokémon ever, so it's an easy decision for me. Nothing against Silvally, of course, it's awesome too. It's just that Arceus is the original, and, well, the Pokémon god. Silvally is a failed attempt at creating God (which is just a stupid idea in the first place, tbh). I'm not saying Silvally is bad or anything, it's totally awesome, it's just that I've loved Arceus for a long time.

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Arceus, I loved the movie and it made me like the Pokémon a lot more. I like Sivally/Type Null's dessign more but Arceus' history and function. I find Typ: Null a rip off character which does upset me since it is so cool and could have been great.

6. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I'm neutral on this, because Arceus was pretty cool in the movie. But design wise I like Silvally a lot better that might be because I drew it and was very pleased with how it turned out but shush d;. So until I use a Silvally in game I can't pick either one as my favorite.

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Silvally. Arceus is too OP for me because it's literally a god. :') I also prefer Silvally in terms of design.

8. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    This one is easy for me xD I love Arceus and it's been with me since I was a kid. Silvally seems like a 2 dollar rip off so I have to go with Arceus. :)

9. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    We all know the real Lord is the Helix Fossil.
    Just kidding. It is Arceus.

10. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    @[member="Griefing_g0lem"]
    LOL. XD

11. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    In terms of who is a better god in the Pokémon world and who is better competitively, I say Arceus, but in terms of design and backstory I say Silvaly by a landslide. Overall I say Silvally, albeit only slightly.

12. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I prefer Silvally's design to Arceus tbh I like it better even if it's a mish-mash of different Pokémon body parts.

13. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Honestly the sheer number of legends makes it overdone as is, it weakens the power and uniqueness to have so many, arceus felt a bit like a stretch for me already considering mew, I'm not accepting another lOL it's one of the things I dislike about this gen, just piling on even more than the usual 3-4 legends. Seriously, it's not legendary if we have more than 20 of them XDD

14. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Arceus is god as it made the world, but I like Sivally's design more.

15. Unreal Shadow Tracker

PokéPoints:
    ₽47.9
    As many have stated Silvally's design is pretty awesome. I wish this type changing mind set had been applied to the Porygon Evolution.

Overall Arceus is the god of the that universe. I dont think anything could really take that away.

16. DoctorFlygon

DoctorFlygon myagical girl

PokéPoints:
    ₽81.2
    Well, of course Arceus outperforms Silvally. Its stats are just Silvally's but with an additional 35 points on each, and on top of that, Arceus' type items either let it use the respective Z-move or buff moves it uses of the type it happens to be. I'm pretty sure the only thing Silvally has over it is Z-Parting Shot, which I believe isn't obtainable by Arceus (could be wrong, mind), and being allowed in things like battle facilities and VGC, which isn't really much of a power advantage.

But honestly, I probably do like Silvally more overall. Its lore is incredibly unsettling but cool, its evolution isn't even really evolution so much as it smashing the power limiter on its head, which i find sorta neat, honestly, and also just being quite heartwarming in concept of its evolution. (And what we see between Gladion and his.) And even if it isn't as strong, that means there's actually a challenge to using it against things besides Ubers, and I mean, yeah, that's the point of Arceus, it's the creator so it very well should be amazing in-battle, but Silvally's got more of a risk to it and that's something I'm a fan of myself. (Plus, Ubers ain't really a metagame I want to play, so Silvally being Arceus-lite means I can use what's similar to Arceus in lower tiers and other formats where Arceus is disqualified.)

On top of all that, Silvally is sort of a griffin Pokémon, having a very eagle-like face and prominent eagle and lion features, which is really cool to me, and the way they did it is very creative - you can't tell me you saw a chimera griffin coming. And if you did, then... well, that's super cool.

17. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Honestly I like sivally better. Arceus is just out there but in terms of being dubbed a reject only to become something better, I can relate to silvally better. Arceus started perfect but silvally had to start out as ordinary and become stronger. Kinda like bionicle (the namesake for my sun ign trtainer name) Takua had to start out as that odd ball matoran who was always screwing up and was different from everyone else. He had a chip on his shoulder but when the time came he realized/knew who he was and was meant to be and became Takanuva, taking the mask of light and leading mata nui into a new age and back to a land forgotten. The comparison is there for me and that is why I like silvally better. Besides, Arceus is way too op.

18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I like Silvally's design a lot more, but Arcues is an actual god. Though come to think of it, I think I might like Silvally more...

19. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Silvally is my favorite. Sorry Arceus, I've just never really liked you. Maybe if we actually met in Platinum I might actually care a bit more about you. And to you Mr. Silvally, I think you actually have a reason to live; granted, fighting Ultra Beasts is hard, but at least you don't have to sit around all day.

(I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'm told I get a bit over dramatic.)

20. masterofmalor

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.6
    I'm sorry but I gotta give credit to Silvally, it has a more interesting design and concept, that being a Counter-weapon. It also just looks cooler, as a more "WE MADE THIS GOD AMONG MEN" creature rather than "ITS A GOAT WITH A FENCE STUCK AROUND ITS CHEST" motif.

JadeFox and Sonic Ramon like this.