1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

PMD: Into the Void

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Nova Ozuka, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    (I'll be posting new chapters of my crossovewr here as I write them, and add links to the others to this post when I post them in this thread. Feel free to provide feed back.)

Prologue

"Is there any way to stop this from happening?" Tapu Koko spoke. He along with all the other Legendary and Mythical Pokémon were gathered in one place. To any normal Pokémon, it would be quite the spectacle.

"Perhaps, but time is short," Jirachi answered.

"If Jirachi is even half as smart as he claims to be, he is thinking the same thing as me," Mewtwo commented.

"In order to stop the void from growing further, we first need to block it," Zygarde pointed out.

"But in order to do that, we must take part of another world. However, even that would be a temporary fix," Arceus added.

"In order to stop it completely, we must find the one causing it."

Most of the Pokémon turned to look at the speaker, a shadowy figure that was approaching. The figure appeared human-like in appearance, clad in a jacket, carrying a book, and with a weapon strapped to his back.

"I may be a human turned Pokémon, but I may be unable to stop this myself. Unfortunately, if it is as I fear, I will be rendered useless in a battle against it. After all, if it were Darkrai, he wouldn't be here before us," the newcomer pointed out.

"What do you suggest?" Deoxys asked.

"A human turned Pokémon might help, one that isn't me, but why stop at just that? I suggest we use animals as well as humans; animals that walk around and act just like humans. I know just the place to get them, but I'm going to need Palkia's help in order to cork this void, and Zygarde's to seal any cracks," the figure suggested.

"Sounds like a gutsy move. Looks even more like one when I look in your head," Mew commented.

"Mew, can you not read my mind?" the figure groaned. "Anyway, with your permission, I will mark the exact piece of land to plug the void for Palkia to pull into this world," he told the group.

"Very well. Proceed," Arceus consented.

"Alright! I'll be right back," the figure said as he unsheathed his sword. He then produced an orb from his pocket and attached it to the pommel of his sword. A portal opened behind him as he turned around. He then bolted through it.

As the figure floated through the portal, his form began to change shape and size. Once it stabilized, the shadows hiding his form melted away, revealing a chibi boy, or at least he looked like one, with vibrant, spiky, blue hair and violet eyes. He stepped out of the portal to find himself surrounded by trees and flowers.

"Seems like the locals put a lot of work in the greenery. Would be shame if it got messed up," he observed as the portal closed behind him. He walked over to a nearby pound, which reflected the starry night sky. He looked at his reflection and burst into laughter. "I look ridiculous in this world! I almost wish Matt could see this," he commented.

The boy(?) then walked out to the plaza, where he saw a green tent and a large tree. Just as he tucked his book away inside his jacket, he heard a rustling of fabric followed by a few footfalls on the stone plaza.

"Hey, cousin, what are you doing?" a voice asked.

The boy swore mentally as he turned to see a chibi fox anthro. He let the arm that held the sword hang loosely. "Oh I'm just new in town, and I was just looking around," the boy lied. He approached Redd disarmingly with his free hand out to the side. "You see, I was looking into a new place to live. By old house got burned down and-"

Thwack!

Redd collapsed as his body went limp from the right hook he took to the side of his head. "Sorry, Redd, but it has to be this way," the boy apologized. "At least I won't have to waste time healing him. His transformation will take care of it for me," he muttered to himself as he returned to the tree.

He spun the sword half way around in his left hand before gripping it with his free hand. He then planted the blade in the ground next to the tree in the center of the plaza. He then bumped his fist against the orb attached to the pommel, causing it to glow.

"Okay Palkia, I've activated my beacon," the boy stated.

"Perfect timing. Zygarde and I are already in position," Palkia's voice boomed inside the boy's head.

"Oy, turn down the volume on your telepathy!" the boy complained. He started walking away, but stopped at Redd's prone form. "Hm... I guess I'll leave a note. It's the least I can do," he muttered.

(Man, age is hard to gauge in the AC world. Also, poor Redd. Oh well, he had it coming. This is what happens when you make a living selling mostly forgeries.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    interesting set up, I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Chapter 1: The Crossing

12 hours earlier...

It was the start of another day. Ezra let out a long yawn as he sat up in his yellow Common Bed. Yep, another day of being the mayor of Kansas, the youth thought. He got out of bed and did a flip as his clothes changed from PJs to his formal suit. He then donned his Pilot Shades.

He then looked at his reflection in the mirror. His clothes and shades combined with his neat, dark blue hair, gave him the appearance of a secret agent, which he never tired of. He then walked downstairs where an unfinished letter lay on his Sleek Table, next to the Lamp that housed Wisp. It was a letter welcoming the latest Kansas resident.

It was just a habit he picked up trying to reach the 100% mark on his approval rating when he accidentally became the mayor. Speaking of which... Ah, that's right; today's the opening ceremony for the Roost, Ezra remembered, which was his whole reason for sleeping in. But first, he needed to sit down and finish his letter.

After rushing to mail his letter with a basket of Perfect Apples, it was time for the opening ceremony for the Roost, the café run by Brewster, a dear friend to the museum's curator, Blathers. It was late enough in the morning that the whole town was up. Half the town was present too. Isabelle cleared her throat.

"Hello everyone!" she greeted from in front of the café. "Welcome to the grand completion ceremony for Kansas's vital café project!"

I wouldn't really call a café vital, Ezra thought.

"Thank you for joining us on this momentous occasion," Isabelle continued. "I'm Isabelle, and I'll be your host today!"

We all uh... already knew that Isabelle, Ezra mentally commented as he casted her a sideways glance. He began clapping with everyone else anyway, causing the secretary to blush.

"Thank you. Thank you. You're too kind!" she responded as she rubbed the back of her head. "We're going to keep this short and sweet, so let's jump right in. First up, we have an incredibly short speech from our very own mayor! Take it away, Mayor Ezra!"

I suppose I should say something now... Ezra thought. "We did it!" he cheered. More applause from the crowd came.

"Well said, Mayor! You have quite away with words..." Isabelle remarked.

Yeah, when I write my letters, but that's because I spend so much time on them, Ezra thought.

"Ok, moving on... Everybody, please locate that item we passed out earlier and get ready," she told the crowd. Everyone aside from Isabelle and Brewster pulled a party popper out of their pockets. "And now... To celebrate the completion of this public works project, and all the hard work that made this possible... READY? SET! POP!"

Everyone pulled the cord on the party poppers, sending out a shower of confetti. Then everyone, save for the mayor and secretary, began to clap.

"That concludes or ceremony! Thanks, everyone, for all your hard work and for taking time out of your busy schedules to be here!" Isabelle finished. With that everyone started walking off save for Isabelle. "Hey, Mayor, you should try the coffee here. I got a cup while I was working on the ceremony, and it was great!"

Hm... I don't usually drink coffee, but... "Thanks, I'll try it," Ezra responded. "See you back at Town Hall later," he told Isabelle.

"See you later!" she replied. As Isabelle walked back to the Town Hall, Ezra entered the new café.

"Coffee... is 200 Bells a cup..." Brewster said as Ezra sat down at the counter.

"One, please!" Ezra responded, placing the Bells on the table.

"All right..." Brewster responded as he took the money off the table. He then poured some coffee into a mug. "Here you are..." he said as he served it on a small dish. "Our specialty coffee. Coo... Go ahead... Enjoy."

"Thank you!" Ezra responded before picking up the mug. He then took a sip, being careful not to burn his tongue. Wow, this tastes great! No wonder Isabelle recommended it, Ezra thought. I'll have to remember to thank Isabelle later.

That afternoon, Ezra was walking to Re-Tail to sell some of his old clothes. His closet was getting pretty full, and he needed to make room. He also skipped visiting Redd's gallery since he didn't feel like hosed for the tenth time in a row.

"Hey, Ezra!" The Mayor turned to see the newest villager, Kyle approaching. He was shaped like a chibi wolf anthro with the fur pattern of an African wild dog. He was also wearing a Pleather Vest.

"Oh, hey Kyle," Ezra greeted.

"I saw you walking by, so I wanted to thank you for the Perfect Apples!" Kyle mentioned.

"It was no trouble," Ezra replied.

"So, how goes it, Ezra? If I may be so bold, you're looking as cool as a fair number of cucumbers," Kyle commented.

"I'm on my way to Re-Tail to sell some old clothes," Ezra answered.

"Ah. Well, I'll catch ya later. I still need to get my picture taken at the photo booth on Main Street for my ID, alpha," Kyle replied.

"See ya," Ezra responded.

That evening, Ezra walked into the Town Hall. "Good evening Ezra! Ready to go over what Public Works project we should start next?" Isabelle asked from across the counter.

"I think so," Ezra responded with a nod. As Ezra was about to walk to through the gate to get to his desk when a bright light illuminated the night from the outside. The light was so bright, that seeing anything beyond the window was impossible.

"What in the-" Isabelle was interrupted as the ground shook violently, causing the Mayor and the secretary to fall to the floor. Ezra desperately wanted to vomit as his stomach felt like it was doing back flips. He tried to get up, but was forced back to ground by a wave of vertigo.

As pinpricks covered his body, he struggled to keep his eyes open. He would be starting to panic if it wasn't for feeling so lightheaded. He could see light blue hairs poking their way out of his arm, and, judging by how his body just absolutely [/SIZE]ached[SIZE=10.5pt], he knew it wasn't the only thing changing. Deciding that it was better than struggling to remain conscious, he finally let his eyes shut, and darkness overcame him.

Ezra let out a startled yelp as he was awoken by a second tremor. It was as if the ground had suddenly fallen underneath him and stopped abruptly just to slam him into the ground. "Oww..." he groaned.

He looked out the window to see that it was now daylight. Upon hearing another anguished groan from behind the counter where Isabelle was usually stationed, he ducked under the gate that had fallen shut and was shocked by what he saw. He saw a small light brown dog poke its head out what appeared to be discarded clothes that he remembered Isabelle wearing before.

And then he recognized a pair of bells tied to the strands of fur atop the dog's head akin to the ones Isabelle had. Then remember the events of the night before, Ezra looked down at his hands to find that they had become blue paws. Ezra clamped one of his paws over his mouth, then swallowed the scream that attempt to leave his throat.

"I-Isabelle?" he called out to the canine.

"Ezra?" the dog answered in a voice not too unlike Isabelle's. Ezra frowned as he nodded. If it weren't for the bells she still wore, Ezra would never have recognized Isabelle. Likewise, if it weren't for Ezra's bowtie, or the darker patches of blue fur on his head, Isabelle would never have recognized Ezra.

The two canines remained silent as a strange awkwardness hung in the air. Neither knew what to say to the other, nor were they sure how to address what happened. Finally, Ezra took a deep breath.

"Okay, so we're both strange creatures now, and we're probably not the only ones like this. We need to assume everyone else is in our situation and call a town meeting," he stated. Isabelle blinked in surprise at Ezra's bluntness.

"Well... I suppose you're right. It would be a good way to assure everyone that everything will be fine. Even if we are the only ones that are like this, it isn't like we can just run and hide," Isabelle agreed.

"In that case, it's time for me to do my job like never before," Ezra announced. Ezra turned as he heard the door get thrown open.

"Cousin, we've got trouble!"

(Short chapter, I know, but I think I'll work my way up to longer chapters. This isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world lol)

#3 Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017