1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Missed Mega Oppertunities

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Skittle, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Mega Evolution was a concept used primarily in the 6th generation games and was a key concept of both X/Y and ORAS. With a Key Stone and a proper Mega Stone being held by the right Pokémon, you can Mega Evolve your trusted partner and give them extraordinary strength for the rest of the battle. It was really useful, either to get you into the Hall of Fame in a pinch or showing off your mad battle skills in online battles.

In the latest main series games, Pokémon Sun and Moon, Mega Evolution returned. But as many know, no new Mega Evolutions were introduced. What a bummer, considering there are so many great designs and ideas for new Mega Pokémon floating around on the internet.

So here's the meat of the plot after the obligatory exposition: you are working for Gamefreak and they have entrusted you to give them a new Mega Evolution for the next Pokémon game! But what Pokémon do you choose to give a Mega Evolution? Do you want to show them the new ability it has gained or the new types it has acquired?

Discuss below! Maybe Gamefreak will see your idea and use it (okay, that has a .000001% chance of happening, but never stop dreaming, kiddos)!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Poor Mega Flygon. Loved by NO ONE at Game Freak, apparently. ;_;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DeathxVictory likes this.
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    They missed out on Mega Arcanine, the "Legendary Pokémon" could have used the love! It was made to be a possible original Entei or something of the sort but has been forgotten even though it holds the odd title of the Legendary Pokémon. A mega could have given it new life and help it live up to the title.

4. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    There were plans for a mega flygon but the artist had artist'S block

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I kinda get it but so many fans wanted it. What a shame.

6. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I mean, there were so many online they could have combined into the perfect one, seems like they just didnt wish to create one.

7. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Actually I was and still am not super on board with the concept of having megas, their designs are fine but the way that it smacks of slightly ripping off digimon via the temporaryness of their state, bothers me. Of course, now that we have Z moves with animations that look almost directly ripped from digimon game animation sequences, I am definately feeling like they are taking strong inspiration from Pokémon for their features that I just think don't need to be there.

On the topic itself though, if there had to be a new one, I guess I can't help but want to see something for dragonite, although I do realies how utterly impossible that would be seeing as it's already overpowered as it is. I just find that I've always somewhat regretted the way it's design is so epic but then ends up a bit blow up bouncy castle dragon instead of something elegant but imposing. It often leaves me delaying the evolution of dragonair because it looks better so having a mega design might alleviate that cartoonish look a bit.

DeathxVictory and Ryan like this.
  8. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    A Mega Golurk and Mega Wobuffet would be amazing, with Golurk getting a Physical Attack buff and Wobuffet having insane Defense and Special Defense, destroying the Meta.

9. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    FLYGON AND MILOTIC PLEASE

I mean Gamefreak did want to do Mega Flygon, so what's stopping them now?

Also I feel like there was a HUGE missed opportunity to throw Mega Milotic in the Wallace battle in the Delta episode. He's using his freaking Champion team! Aside from my salty venting about OR/AS, Gyradoes got a Mega, so why did it's "counterpart" not?

Sethal likes this.
  10. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Hey, hey, that didn't stop them from making Mega Salamence or Mega Rayquaza! Don't give up hope!

These two kind of correlate so I'll reply to them both. I also really would have liked to see Mega Flygon, and honestly I'm not at all surprised they wouldn't include it for a reason like "artist's block". It seems like a very silly reason to me - they have a full team of people and hundreds, if not thousands, of Mega Flygon fanart to draw inspiration from.

11. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Honestly though! It seems like they just didn't feel like it or forgot to implement it before it was too late.

Ryan likes this.
  12. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Definitely. The whole "artist's block" seems like an excuse, especially coming from a huge company like Gamefreak. They have so many resources available that it's a bit too much to just say they couldn't think of a design.

13. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    They would need to add more Megas for to just add Mega Flygon. Also, what would they call the Mega Stone for Mega Dragonite? Dragonite?

DeathxVictory and Arc1Dragon like this.
  14. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    On a side note, I did like this joke of Mega Bruxish
    [​IMG]
    From Spongebob :P

For real though I wish they had included some more gen 5 Pokémon to get megas, a Pokémon like Muractus could have used it and for sure Sigilyph cold have really used one, it was a cool design with too much going on but think of the opportunities it had.

FireSpartan5 and East like this.
  15. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I guess I'll drop a thought: how about Mega Luxray? Not only would it be cool, but Luxray was the first Pokémon I ever trained to level 100. Electric/Dark with Moxie, please?

16. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    The Megas I wanted to see were always for Pokémon that were cast aside otherwise. Ones that nobody really cared much about or used given new life through Mega Evolution. Mawile to me is sort of like this (maybe people used Mawile before? I don't know but I certainly don't remember anybody caring too much until it got that hard hitting Mega). Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Stantler, Pokémon like these are the ones I feel needed Megas the most if any Pokémon did.

17. DeathxVictory

DeathxVictory 空̛̜̝͎̪̥̣ͪ͢虚̩̩͕̫̜̠̲ͫͤ

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    GS Ball ★★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Premier Ball ★
    There are many ideas frankly i was the type of trainer that did not like using megas, i made it a goal to try and sweep those things out... but thats off topic..​
    So Pokémon that would need or could get a mega, I would say Leipard, Trpoius, Krokodile just to name a few​

Cadbberry likes this.
  18. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Me and you both on that not using part

Tropius would make a really cool mega!

19. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Although Battle Bond isn't really a mega I would have liked to see a battle bond Chesnaught and Delphox

20. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I was expected Battle Bond forms for the new starters, before we knew what Z Crystals were.

I was expecting Megas for many Gen 7 Pokémon that didn't evolve.